Amazon Goldbox Game Deals Today - 3/27 - Ear Force PX5 $159.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

JN25WIL

CAGiversary!
Didn't see this posted yet, saw this in the ad scroll when I checked Amazon for new deals of the day.

Goldbox Videogames event March 27th Midnight PT.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

Deal of the Day: 320gb PS3 for $259.99

6am Vicious combat, dark humor, and lightning-quick action on the PlayStation Vita- Army Corps Hell
8am Feel the exhilaration of the full-body dancing workout that you know and love!- Zumba Fitness Rush
11am This controller redefines motion gaming on the PlayStation3! -Move controllers
2pm Step into the iconic octagon fighting cage to battle in one-on-one action for the ultimate fighting championship!- UFC
4pm Action RPG Meets first person shooter. -Borderlands GOTY ?
6pm A sports-party game set at the 2012 Summer Olympic games in London and featuring iconic video game characters! - Mario & Sonic at London 2012 Olympic Games
8pm The most technologically-advanced headset ever designed for PS3 and XBOX 360 gaming .-Turtle Beach PX5

original post
Probably another disappointing event but maybe 1 or 2 games will make it in that some cag's will want.

Hoping for Kingdoms of Amalur

Last edited by a moderator:
yay for disappointment! I fully expect to see several "lightening deals" in which the following day Amazon will have the same games at lower prices.

and then the following week those same games will be part of the "deal of the week" at an even high price then the lightening deals.

Amazon has really fallen apart lately

[quote name='GBAstar']yay for disappointment! I fully expect to see several "lightening deals" in which the following day Amazon will have the same games at lower prices.
[/QUOTE]

hahaha, I get it, because they're "lightening" their load of shovelware

Glad that this is happening. Things have been going pretty well for me the last week or two, so some disappointment will be good for me.

[quote name='rpnguyen']hahaha, I get it, because they're "lightening" their load of shovelware[/QUOTE]

No I just can't spell :) or write good... err well

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Amazon has stopped being the leader and more of a follower anymore. They only seem to match other stores/sites prices.[/QUOTE]

Fine by me as long as I can get their product shipped 3-day for free. With gas the way it is i end up paying $5 minimum to even check out a deal at a B&M location. That is not even mentioning the fact that you can get enormous stockpiles of amazon credit with minimal effort through deals, flips or reward sites.

I spent well over 2k on amazon last year, all on heavily discounted items, all paid for with massively discounted (or mostly free) credit.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Fine by me as long as I can get their product shipped 3-day for free. With gas the way it is i end up paying $5 minimum to even check out a deal at a B&M location. That is not even mentioning the fact that you can get enormous stockpiles of amazon credit with minimal effort through deals, flips or reward sites.

I spent well over 2k on amazon last year, all on heavily discounted items, all paid for with massively discounted (or mostly free) credit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah AZ is still great in the aspect of free & fast shipping with prime but their deals (as in their own) suck donkey balls. It's lame that I have to search the circulars looking for sales and then hope that Amazon will match.

When stores like Target, Best Buy or TRU would have B2G1 it was almost a guarantee that Sunday morning at 3AM EST Amazon would have its own B2G1 ready to go... now we are lucky if they'll put together a similar promotion by mid week if at all

[quote name='fujimitsu']Fine by me as long as I can get their product shipped 3-day for free. With gas the way it is i end up paying $5 minimum to even check out a deal at a B&M location. That is not even mentioning the fact that you can get enormous stockpiles of amazon credit with minimal effort through deals, flips or reward sites.

I spent well over 2k on amazon last year, all on heavily discounted items, all paid for with massively discounted (or mostly free) credit.[/QUOTE]
Prime is a great service, but still not worth anywhere near $80 for me. This is especially true since I have a whopping $5 something in real credit sitting in my Amazon account and a $10 promo code from a game I ordered last fall.

But if I had shittons of credit like I used to a few years ago, then I'd probably consider it a deal, though only if I could pay for it with said credit. However, since they seem to require the membership be paid for by a credit or debit card it's definitely NOT for me.:booty:

I am curious what we will get, I am hoping for amular but I doubt less than 40. Especially considering we had it at 40 shortly after release from them. Going to go do some trade in to bestbuy and get some kindle cards. Just in case they have some deals.

I think we can expect a 2012 baseball game to be there much like last year with the latest version of the show.

Heres amazons motto for these goldbox events:

Ama: prepair for dissapointment !
Zon: shhhhh dont let the shoppers know it

Ama: to make that sure we sell all of these goldbox things
Zon: We mask these deals as acuall savings
Ama: but this doesnt work on cheap ass gamers
Zon: as they are a bunch of Amazon flamers

AMA !
ZON !

Team amazon stock blasting off in the speed of light, as long as there are Soccer moms shopping we will be alright !

If Tony/T-Money can see this, please have your company hire someone like you to run great deals in the "Physical Copy" department of video games.

Obligatory....

1297101971_cat-falls-asleep.gif

I mentioned this on the DD thread but based on a similar deal last year with Dragon Age 2 Tuesday deal of the day $39.99 at the end of March I am betting on ME3 $39.99. We'll see I guess.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Amazon has stopped being the leader and more of a follower anymore. They only seem to match other stores/sites prices.[/QUOTE]

I agree to an extent.

Their PC DD deals have been damn good, but since I don't have a beastily rig and prefer games on my 360 and 3DS those sales mean nothing to me.

They still have a system that marks down some old/new non-AAA games slowly. For example, a lot of people grabbed Majin for $5 (or less) . Otomedius has been slowly dropping, and I've grabbed some other games for dirt cheap from them. I think Splatterhouse was $10.

Other then that they seem to match weekly ads, and they won't match most pre-orders. Witcher 2 has been $45 pre-order for how long now? Amazon still hasn't matched it. They even ended up screwing over those that pre-order Amalur at full price.

Heres amazons motto for these goldbox events:

Ama: prepair for dissapointment !
Zon: shhhhh dont let the shoppers know it

Ama: to make that sure we sell all of these goldbox things
Zon: We mask these deals as acuall savings
Ama: but this doesnt work on cheap ass gamers
Zon: as they are a bunch of Amazon flamers

AMA !
ZON !

Team amazon stock blasting off in the speed of light, as long as there are Soccer moms shopping we will be alright !

[quote name='Sparky_Buzzsaw']Hoping for either SSX or Kingdoms of Amalur at about a $35-40 price range. Crossing my fingers.[/QUOTE]
Have you ever seen the Gold Box events?....lol

Prepare to be VERY disappointed. I have kept up with the last 3 or 4 and every time it's a huge letdown. I'm not even bothering with this one.

I actually have a small hope that they sell FFXIII-2 CE for $39.99. They've lowered it to $59.99 and they're still not selling and have 999+ copies. I'd buy that CE for for $40. My other hope is maybe a deal on Radiant Historia since they have 999+ copies of the reprint. If you recall, shortly after the reprint of DQV, it was an LD for $19.99 so here's hoping...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Prime is a great service, but still not worth anywhere near $80 for me.[/QUOTE]
I'm good for Prime for $40 bucks for the next three years!

[quote name='roymustang']I actually have a small hope that they sell FFXIII-2 CE for $39.99. They've lowered it to $59.99 and they're still not selling and have 999+ copies. I'd buy that CE for for $40. My other hope is maybe a deal on Radiant Historia since they have 999+ copies of the reprint. If you recall, shortly after the reprint of DQV, it was an LD for $19.99 so here's hoping...[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in both of those but refuse to get my hopes up.

I was disappointed from the last couple of Goldbox events, but for some reason, I am still setting my alarm for this one. I'm such a sucker for this kind of events. >_> A good price for FFXIII-2 CE would be awesome.

[quote name='XenoNinjaX']crossing fingers for skyrim LE $60[/QUOTE]

did you miss out on Newegg? there is a pretty good chance AMZ will match though, supposedly bethesda made a TON of these.

[quote name='rpnguyen']did you miss out on Newegg? there is a pretty good chance AMZ will match though, supposedly bethesda made a TON of these.[/QUOTE]

and there'll be plenty good chance i'll miss it again. i missed newegg deal because i went to brush my teeth for 3 mins before placing an order. i really wanted it too because i freaking love dragons figures.
http://i.imgur.com/mYGsE.jpg

also liked oblivion and fallout 3

mcfarlane dragons ftw!, although personally i feel the quality started slipping after the 1st series.

[quote name='XenoNinjaX']and there'll be plenty good chance i'll miss it again. i missed newegg deal because i went to brush my teeth for 3 mins before placing an order. i really wanted it too because i freaking love dragons figures.
http://i.imgur.com/mYGsE.jpg

also liked oblivion and fallout 3[/QUOTE]

MGS HD Collection hopefully will be on sale, though for the value of 3 games in 1, it's already at a decent deal. But I'm a cheap ass gamer.

Video game deals wise its pretty much paying retail price or save $10 at amazon. I remember they use to(4 years ago) have crazy good lightning deals, its basically a joke now. The only good deals you find amazon offering for video games(PC being an exception) now is something they are matching from another retailer. In the past you don't even need to submit a lower price request and hoping they will match it, you can contact amazon anytime for a price match.

Newegg, Best Buy, and Gamefly are stepping it up. Even gamestop is slowly offering pretty good deals on new games.

Amazon pretty much has a huge customer base near the size of Walmart now, where they don't have to compete much on price cause they know people will shop there.

Prob. shovelwave...

I'm hoping for NG3 or RE:RC since they were both trashed in reviews last week. No one is paying full price for those...they may as well salvage some sales.

If not I'm sure BB or TRU will have them cheap in the coming weeks.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']MGS HD Collection hopefully will be on sale, though for the value of 3 games in 1, it's already at a decent deal. But I'm a cheap ass gamer.[/QUOTE]

I would be pissed. I just bought it for $37. I assume they wouldn't PM it like they do with a normal price drop?

[quote name='htz']Video game deals wise its pretty much paying retail price or save $10 at amazon. I remember they use to(4 years ago) have crazy good lightning deals, its basically a joke now. The only good deals you find amazon offering for video games(PC being an exception) now is something they are matching from another retailer. In the past you don't even need to submit a lower price request and hoping they will match it, you can contact amazon anytime for a price match.

Newegg, Best Buy, and Gamefly are stepping it up. Even gamestop is slowly offering pretty good deals on new games.

Amazon pretty much has a huge customer base near the size of Walmart now, where they don't have to compete much on price cause they know people will shop there.[/QUOTE]

At least walmart straight up PMs *readies flame shield*. Seriously though, apart from shitty employees and borderline evil company, walmart isn't so bad for getting nice deals (especially during BF, scored some cheap gems last one). If people got over their petty sense of morality they would realize this.

Normally I would be one of the very first to yell "Fail Whale". The Gods only know how many times I have sat and just shook my head at what they consider "deals" on things that I would rather line up to play "E.T." on the 2600 before I would even consider giving 2 blinks too.
But the last one they had I grabbed a set of PX5s for half price.
It just so happened that I was in the market for a console headset and this was even better than I was ever dreaming they would offer.

Just saying that if you root around in a bloody outhouse long enough, you just may find a diamond ring.
Evidently, there is always hope (go figure).
By and by, no interference, no issues setting up. I LOVE THEM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back