Turtle Beach X42 $139 PREORDER -- Provantage.com?

SangesTheLurker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I was poking around Amazon.com this AM and stumbled onto their Upcoming Releases section to find that there's an upgraded version of my beloved X41's Turtle Beach headset coming out, the X42, with an April release date.

Product Features
  • Dolby Surround Sound - Immersive 360 degree audio lets you pinpoint the direction of every sound
  • 2.4/5GHZ Dual-Band Wi-Fi (GASP!) - Selects the optimum frequency in the 2.4GHz/5GHz spectrums, virtually eliminating interference
  • Equalizer (EQ) Presets - Multiple EQ presets including bass and treble boost combinations
  • Adjustable Surround Sound Angles - Alter the positioning of the surround sound angles to customize your audio experience
  • Independent Volume Controls - Allows for personalized balancing of game and chat audio
  • 50 mm speakers; 2.4/5GHz Dual-Band Wi-Fi
  • Chat boost and microphone monitor
  • Dolby Surround Sound with adjustable surround sound angles
  • Equalizer [EQ] Presets
  • Wireless Digital Game Sound

Seeing as Amazon is selling them at $160 (+tax where applicable) I Google > Shopping searched them and found this listing at Provantage.com to be the cheapest overall:
http://www.provantage.com/turtle-beach-systems-tbs-2270~7VOYE04L.htm

Now the trouble is, has anyone ever actually heard of this site? They claim they've been in business for 28 years, and that puts them as established in, what, 1984?

I've actually ordered a turtle beach dx21 headset bundle from them. Received the item quickly and it was packaged well enough. Not sure about the place as a whole.

bread's done
Back