Hori Soul Calibur v stick for $99.99!!

Ha ha. I tried to check Hori's site and it lists at 149.99 but there is a slot at checkout to input a promo code. Problem is that they don't show you if the code worked until after you enter credit card info. Didn't feel like doing that so I can't verify thats where the OP is referring to. Pretty good deal if legit, but I'm wondering how shipping would be for one of these.

EDIT: Looks like its been answered.

Thanks OP.
tyuiojhn

Shows normal price for me. These sticks are pretty nice. I got a chance to try them out at SCR. They have the flip cover for the start button so you don't accidently hit them while playing. All parts are sanwa arcade parts so very sentive and don't feel like cheap stuff.

PS: Saw the promo code. Pretty good deal for a solid stick. Dual mod shouldn't be too hard with these as well since there seem to be a lot of room inside the stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked one up. I've been looking for a sub $100 stick since I missed the deal on the Blazblue one on Amazon. Thanks!!

I love my Madcatz TE BUT going to sell that since its 1st GEN and get this SOB.

Anyone know if the modding is simple with this as well? I want a octagon gate which I had to drill for the TE but since this is all the same parts it should be easy right?

Thanks OP. I previously was checking out this stick & thinking about waiting for a GameStop price drop to pick it up, but this just made it easy. Hori = Quality IMHO....

Tried the promo code on the UMvC 360 stick but no go so this seems to be specific to the SCV stick. I think this promo code was made available during the NorCal Regionals so it might only be good during the tournament (just a guess on my part).

[quote name='JordanPlayer']Anyone know if it would be possible to use one of these models on a PC?[/QUOTE]
Usually hori sticks will work on PC. Mine prev 2 hori sticks have worked fine on PC and ps3. I assume the xbox 360 ones should also work on PC.

So tempted to get this. I need something for SCV and SFxT.

Would this possibly go any lower? This will be the first stick I have bought since probably the SNES days.

Tempted to buy a Xbox and PS3 version, but how does it work for other fighting games, like Street Fighter, Tekken and marvel vs capcom fighting games? I own the cheap Hori Arcade stick, but want a bigger upgrade with quality Sanwa parts. Thanks,

[quote name='CaoPi']looking at the gut's looks like the buttons are not quick disconnects, if anyone is looking on modding the buttons it's going to be tougher than your madcatz one!

[/QUOTE]
If that's true then that would be a pain in the butt to dual mod. But $99 for a high quality stick is a WAY TOO GOOD price to mind something like that. If I could convert my gamestop credit to this I would do it. Dont' really want to spend more cash on these sticks.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Tempted to buy a Xbox and PS3 version, but how does it work for other fighting games, like Street Fighter, Tekken and marvel vs capcom fighting games? I own the cheap Hori Arcade stick, but want a bigger upgrade with quality Sanwa parts. Thanks,[/QUOTE]
This stick has the regular Vewlix lay out so it'll work perfectly with all capcom fighting games like the regular TE sticks.

[quote name='luan87us']...This stick has the regular Vewlix lay out so it'll work perfectly with all capcom fighting games like the regular TE sticks.[/QUOTE]

Actually, this layout's the one used in the Namco Noir arcade cabinet which is very similar to the old Sega Astro/Blast City layout:

CIMG2442.jpg

CIMG2446.jpg

Namco_NOIR_Arcade_Cabinet.jpg

sega2_s.png

This is what a Vewlix layout looks like (on every Madcatz TE stick besides the SCV edition which uses the Namco Noir arcade cabinet layout also):

shift36_s.png

And yes, this is a great price for a quality all-Sanwa stick. Unless it's on clearance somewhere else (highly doubt it), this is probably going to be the lowest Hori will ever discount a $150 stick so jump on it if you can!

Yeah I now have too many sticks myself, actually 2 unused TE ones, glad I kept these sealed up. Picked up quite a few of the WWE brawl sticks when gamestop still had them for cheap!

I think the market is flooded with these TE/madcatz sticks!

I'm not a fan of the hori button lay-out although this mod on youtube makes it look pretty nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIpIzg1uY1E

[quote name='CaoPi']sounds like the cord is shorter on this thing and I like the 2 extra usb ports on the bottom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz4wP13k3bE[/QUOTE]

LOL. I cringed a little when the review said "Its cool that there is this groove on the side. It lets you carry the arcade stick without the use of a 'gay' handle". I had no idea arcade stick handles had a sexual preference.

Great deal, but does anyone know if an Qanba Q4RAF would be better? I know its a bit more expensive but they come dual-modded right out the box. However, the Qanba also has the Start button (stupidly) placed right next to the 8 buttons. How dual-moddable is this the SCV stick? Someone above posted that the buttons arent quick disconnects so it might be difficult to dual mod.

EDIT: Just found out that the reviewer is Aris Bakhtanians. So that explains a lot. It is the same guy that got his 15 minutes in the Cross Assault Sexual Harassment scandal. http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/...al-imperative-the-ugly-side-of-fighting-games

[quote name='astr0boy']
Just found out that the reviewer is Aris Bakhtanians. So that explains a lot. It is the same guy that got his 15 minutes in the Cross Assault Sexual Harassment scandal. http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/...al-imperative-the-ugly-side-of-fighting-games[/QUOTE]

aside from that, it's a pretty good and detailed review. I bought one! It will be an upgrade to my HORI Soul Calibur IV stick haha. :lol: still waiting for it to arrive :bouncy:

[quote name='Byakurai']Aris isn't that bad of a guy in person. [/QUOTE]

Only if you're a guy. lol. If you're a girl, get ready to get sexually harrassed.

In for one. Was waiting on an SCV stick since SCIV since I was disappointed in the latter's artwork. The undated portraits in the new version is a vast improvement - and 33% off is tough to beat for a stick discount! Thanks OP!

Some people on SRK said this stick was tough to dual mod because there is no space for the PCB so its great if youre looking for a single platform controller.

Not actually a deal but for my other fighting game fans that are looking for a dual modded stick. Eightarc (eightarc.com) has recently replenished their stock. Their sticks, though expensive, come dual modded out of the box and can be used for both 360 and ps3. THey also have Qanba sticks too

Qanba is retarded for having the start button right next to the other buttons. And I'd rather get another SC5 stick than to pay $85 more for the Eightarc Fusion.

[quote name='cheapsk8ron']Qanba is retarded for having the start button right next to the other buttons. And I'd rather get another SC5 stick than to pay $85 more for the Eightarc Fusion.[/QUOTE]

I agree entirely but it's not too bad with button plugs. The start button also isn't SANWA either. It's not as sensitive as the SANWA buttons.

And it isn't qanba that's just doing this, the Hori HRAP VX/V3/VLX and their associated sticks (umvc3 licensed stick) have the same config.

Though yes it's a bad config. I wouldn't use it in a tourney like Evo but it's a pretty good value for cross platform casuals.

I guess I'll say thanks now. Just got paid (which is why I was asking on the first page 'if anyone know how long this was going to last').

Definitely a tough spill to swallow spending that much money.. but it's easier a couple hours later. I know I would be kicking myself if I passed this offer up, so I bit.

Anyone know if you can replace the art on this?

why do companies put those hideous face plates on their sticks.... I have yet to see one that looks anything but an eyesore. They should make the faceplate removable and have a default solid color underneath.

[quote name='oldschool990']I just got my package today, even tho I didn't get a tracking # from them or anything...[/QUOTE]

Strange, I got one. I wonder if you erased it on accident. The sender was "UPS Quantum View"

[quote name='barrit']Strange, I got one. I wonder if you erased it on accident. The sender was "UPS Quantum View"[/QUOTE]

Nope not at all... I was going to call them and see if it has been ship but I'm glad I got it...

[quote name='oldschool990']I just got my package today, even tho I didn't get a tracking # from them or anything...[/QUOTE]

Where do you live? I ordered it 3/25 sunday and my scheduled delievery date is 4/2 Monday. I'm surprised that you got it already. Mine was shipped out on tuesday.

[quote name='sjc1279']Where do you live? I ordered it 3/25 sunday and my scheduled delievery date is 4/2 Monday. I'm surprised that you got it already. Mine was shipped out on tuesday.[/QUOTE]

In MA, I order on the 26th and got it today, that was fast from Hori now...

bread's done
Back