[PS Vita] Hustle Kings

smthng

CAGiversary!
Hustle Kings is one of the few current titles that is listed as Cross-Play. If you have the PS3 version, the Vita version is free. It pretty much is the PS3 version, with a few optional touch features thrown in. The graphics are incredible, although the soundtrack is terrible (same as PS3 version).

Aiming assists are available, but completely optional. There's a decent career progression with gratuitous unlocks.

Near is supported, although I havent exactly figured out how... I managed to get a nice "Near exclusive" cue, but that's all I've seen so far.

The best thing about it for being a portable title (IMO) is that it support asynchronous play. You can play via group messaging with anyone on your friends list.

If your looking for a decent pool sim, this one is hard to beat.

2012-03-26-105244 by smthng, on Flickr

If anyone wants to run some message play, feel free to add me and/or anyone listed below to your friend list. Feel free to add yourself to the list, as I've Wikified the post.

PSN ID / Forum handle
  • smthng / smthng
  • rockinjs/rockinjs864

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed in VT4... I want a demo.

As for HK... I think the msg play makes it worth it. Without that, it probably wouldn't get much love from me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-3

Buying Hustle Kings for $9.99 will give you access to both the PS3 & Vita versions of the game. Also, the Snooker Pack is the same. Buy it on 1, get it free on the other. It's 1 of the few cross platform games.

On the Vita version, there are eight "leagues" to progress through. The first one has 6 events... US 8-Ball, 9-Ball, Trick-Shot, Beat-The-Clock, Black Ball and an unknown locked event.

Trick-Shot events are a configuration already laid out on the table with a very specific shot that you have to make... smthng like "since all three solids with one shot" or "make a swerve and pocket two balls".

Beat-The-Clock events are basically sink X number of balls in 2 minutes or something like that.

There will be one "opponent" event near the end, which unlocks that avatar and or a new pool queue or some other reward (on the first league, it's Black Ball). I have no idea what the locked event is. I got hung up a bit on Beat-The-Clock and stopped working on the career. I'll go back to it on long trips when I'm not driving. ;) Anyway... if you're looking for single player, there's plenty in the career mode to keep you busy for a while.

That's only one "mode"... there's Play, Career, and online. Play is exhibitions, training, trickshots, bonus games, tournaments and free play. Online is Quick Match, rooms, message play and bonus challenges (kinda like HSG's daily tournament, but doesn't change very often).

if its $9.99 for both systems(and someone can confirm this) I may have to pick this up later this week when my vita arrives I'll add my name to the list once I pick it up

Buying one and getting both platforms also works with SOME of the DLC... I can confirm that the Snooker pack is for both systems (and is oddly listed as "free" in my Vita store). I think the same applies to the time savers pack, but I can't confirm that. I know the hex and crazy tables DLC aren't available on the Vita.

bread's done
Back