Loser's Weepers Thread

pollmonster

CAGiversary!
Post all your misses in this thread. Times when you missed out on a good deal by someone else.

Last May I went to a community sale and this guy was selling a bunch of PS1 games for $2 each. There were a bunch of good titles in there Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Xmen vs Streetfighter, and several RPGS . Unfortunately another guy beat me to this sale and bought everything including Suikoden II :hot:

Last edited by a moderator:
PSP Go from Target, Kmart, and Sears for less than $150.

Dreamcast with broadband adapter for less than $60.

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition for less than normal price.

Time Crisis Razing Storm for less than $20

Zelda: Skyward Sword Golden Wiimote bundle. I figured this wouldn't be rare. At least I still see game/music CD bundles still at times.

The pretty redhead girl from my Freshman college English class; we went out a couple times but she transferred schools before I had actually told her I felt about her.

I've had two missed deals that bothered me a bit, but what can you do?

Craiglist ad I missed by 1 hour was Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario All-Stars, Super Bass Fishing, and R-Type for $10. Last year at a yard sale I missed an N64 with 2 controllers and Mario 64 for $10. Not too mad about the second one though because my brother and I grabbed the other N64 with 1 controller and 14 games.

When Best Buy had the Move Mayhem Bundle for $59.99 the day of the Superbowl this year. One car was in the repair shop and someone else had the other car so I was stuck at home not able to get there and of course it was sold out the next day when I was able to get there. It went back to full price and then on sale for $79.99 and I would have paid that price but I have been to 6+ BBY stores since then and none have it (I haven't made any special trips to look for it but if I am driving past a BBY, I stop to check)

When the one WalMart in our area had to shut down due to the mountain it was built next to being unstable n big rocks kept hitting the store they made a temporary store in an old shopping center right down the road from me.

I went in there one night at 2-3am out of boredom n cuz I couldn't sleep. Near electronics they had a whole endcap filled with NES toploaders. The price: $15 a set:shock:

Unfortunately I didn't know the value of them at the time, so I kinda forgot about them till a week later when I finally looked it up. But by then someone else had snapped them all up.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Near electronics they had a whole endcap filled with NES toploaders. The price: $15 a set:shock:

Unfortunately I didn't know the value of them at the time, so I kinda forgot about them till a week later when I finally looked it up. But by then someone else had snapped them all up.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Whoops....

[quote name='zlatour']Whoops....[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I was doing this:wall: for a while after letting that one slip through my fingers.

Another time I lost out on a pretty decent deal was when a guy was trying to sell his PSP-2000 to the one local shop. He had a decent sized memory card with it(forget how many gigs). He wanted $15, I had $10.#-o I even told him I didn't want the memory card with it(loaded up with music), but he wouldn't budge on price.

Mind ya, he also 'didn't have an ID on him', so that was why they wouldn't let him trade it in there.

So my first thought was 'hot as hell'. But at the time I was willing to take that chance for a PSP.:whistle2:#

$5 for a complete starter set of HeroScape at Goodwill
Was carrying my 1.5yo daughter who was sleeping, and didn't have a cart. Went back up to the front to grab a cart, and when I came back I saw a kid and his brother pick it up and take it to their dad. Not sure they even knew what they were getting. I pretty much stalked them around the store hoping they would put it back, but they didn't.

[quote name='Pirate331']The pretty redhead girl from my Freshman college English class; we went out a couple times but she transferred schools before I had actually told her I felt about her.[/QUOTE]

I missed this deal too! Except with mine, she was in high school and now she's married to some guy who was a total jerk to people during high school. Guess he could have changed, you just can't undo the damage once done.

Anyway, I got another gaming loser's weepers that being I had the chance to buy a NES ROB the robot for less than $30. I didn't buy it because it was missing some of the loose parts.

I just thought of another one, at KB Toys around 1997 they had a brand new Virtual Boy for $29.99. I wanted it but didn't have enough money with me (I was too young to have a credit card and rarely carried much cash) and of course when I went back for it a couple of days later it was gone. Although a couple years later I had another opportunity to buy another console for $29.99, it was Saturn at Toys R Us and I guess I was better off getting the Saturn anyway.

I've told this story many times but...

I bought a copy of ME1 CE when it was first released, with the intent of playing it but I was able to play my brother's copy while mine was in transit and didn't care for it (which was a mistake, as when I tried again later, it ended up being one of my favorite games this gen). So I decided to keep it unopened in hopes that I could make some money on it. After a few months passed, the prices weren't going up and I thought, "Dammit, this isn't going to be worth crap." So I was able to dump mine on eBay for $90, after fees/shipping, got $84 for it (so I lost a few backs). Fast forward to ME2's release, and ME1's price skyrockets... especially the sealed ones.:whistle2:(

This whore(der).

iPhonePhotos017-1.jpg

It was during one of Toys R Us's big music game sales last year. I think the Guitar and DJ Hero bundles were $10, and the full band bundles were $30. All I wanted to get was one guitar bundle to replace my old GH3 guitar. When I walked in the store, the bundles are no where to be found. I asked the R-zone guy where they are, and he said they'd all been bought. Right when he said this, I heard the cashier at the service desk shout "You saved $1,xxx!" I turned around, and what did I see? An older couple - clearly not gamers - with two shopping carts overflowing with the bundles. They bought every single fucking one in one swoop. As the woman walked out, I snapped this picture of her and her shopping cart (I was trying to be nonchalant about it, hence why her head is cut off). At the very least, the picture serves as a reminder to not wait until the afternoon the day a deal hits to take advantage of it - do it as early in the day as possible.

This thread is depressing...

Mine from yesterday..

Been eyeing a new phone.
I previously had an Optimus one that I got last year for 60.

Found a Galaxy S on craigslist for 70 with a bad usb. Was a big pain to use an external charger and I when changing the rom, I didn't know I couldn't flash from the oldest to newest so I semi bricked it. I could fix it, but the USB wasn't working and couldn't get into recovery. Sold it on ebay for 30 profit.
The loser part of this deal is it had the fat naked seller and like his fat 3 naked girlfriends on it... my eyes :*(

Yesterday saw a craigslist post for a G2X phone @ 150 new, about 70 cheaper than the average ebay price. The girl sold it in last than an hour :(.

Saw another guy selling the same model, with some casing damage for 15 under ebay and bit :(, but still bummed.

Some hoarder got a Lego TIE defender during a Kmart clearance for like $19.

Being number 103 for free swag for the MW3 launch. First 100 got stuff but it was only a keychain and a lame shirt.

Pffft what about this.

Opening your mouth in a flea market to open the case of a computer that was being sold for 100$ when you very well know the price of the thing was 2000 - 3000$

Let's just say once it was opened he didn't sell it to me.

can't believe nobody has posted about missing out on the Amazon Warehouse Penny Deals. that would totally be mine, except i got lucky and was checking CAG right when it went live. but there's been plenty of Craigslist deals i have missed, it sucks living in the SF Bay Area when it comes to deal hunting.

[quote name='elrobo8']This whore(der).

iPhonePhotos017-1.jpg

It was during one of Toys R Us's big music game sales last year. I think the Guitar and DJ Hero bundles were $10, and the full band bundles were $30. All I wanted to get was one guitar bundle to replace my old GH3 guitar. When I walked in the store, the bundles are no where to be found. I asked the R-zone guy where they are, and he said they'd all been bought. Right when he said this, I heard the cashier at the service desk shout "You saved $1,xxx!" I turned around, and what did I see? An older couple - clearly not gamers - with two shopping carts overflowing with the bundles. They bought every single fucking one in one swoop. As the woman walked out, I snapped this picture of her and her shopping cart (I was trying to be nonchalant about it, hence why her head is cut off). At the very least, the picture serves as a reminder to not wait until the afternoon the day a deal hits to take advantage of it - do it as early in the day as possible.[/QUOTE]
That's a woman?!?!?:shock::lol:

But yeah, DCpinoy, I missed out on the Amazon penny games fiasco. By the time I got back by my PC everything was bought up. It sucks too, since that was the first Saturday night I had actually decided to stay upstairs and watch tv.#-o#-o#-o

I think I was at work when the penny deals happened. I did get a penny deal once from Nextworth (NBA Live 06 woo) but actually receiving the game in the mail was awesome.

Not video game related, but I recently missed out on a $5 ridgid router at a yard sale because the guy told me everything in a tool box was sold, then turned around and sold all the stuff in the tool box.

There have been a ton for me, but one sticks out most in my mind was the time I passed up a complete copy of the Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition for $200. At the time I didn't really collect any CE/LE stuff and mostly bought all my games when I could get them for $20 or less. Well, this local game store owner that I was friends with picked one of these up and asked if I wanted it for $200 before he threw it online for $400 ( Somewhere around that price ) and I'll never forget how much I laughed at him when he said "$200" I pretty much said something to this extent. " $200!? are you kidding me? For that little bit of extra crap and bigger box you want $200? LOLNO, I'll wait till the game drops to $15. That CE will probably drop to $40 after a month or two anyway lol." Keep in mind that this guy friend or no friend would try to rip you off if you let him ( he was notorious for trying to sell stuff waaaay over what it's worth) so I just shrugged it off as one of those attempts. Looking back now I'm like.....

OH GAWD WHAT HAVE I DONE! :(

Mass Effect 3 for $14.99 two days after its release.

Also a Sega Master System in the box at the Goodwill when I was a kid and my mom wouldn't let me get it. I've never seen one in person since.

[quote name='Spyder187']That night I was drunk as sin and missed the toilet by like a mile. Yeah.. it was bad.[/QUOTE]

A potent combination of cheap rum, marijuana and bean dip is ultimately why I gave up drinking, after scrubbing the majority of it off the bathroom floor (and wall) at 3 AM.

How much can you really sell those music game bundles for... it can't be that much with the cost of shipping, unless you are selling them to a fleamarket, where you might get a few bucks per working instrument. I would imagine fleamarket vendors are flooded with these things, so they are probably willing to let them go pretty cheap. You would also have to have a lot of space to store them all, that would be a pain.

I missed 2 virtual pets at a fleamarket, they were $2 each so I should have gambled, but I could have sold them for over $40 each on ebay, honestly not a really bad miss but a miss nonetheless.

I actually returned a copy of Xenosaga II to Target that I bought for $5... for PS2 obviously, the game had no value when I bought it, and I didn't have a PS2. I was only looking to make some cash on the game. I really should have at least kept that game.

Not a game, but, a couple years ago I was continually trawling sites like ebay, craigslist, and second-hand music message boards for an out-of-print Nord G2 expansion card for some months. During the first month, I came across an ad on Craigslist for an $800 white Nord Lead 3 in perfect working order. Now, $800 is cheap for a Nord Lead 3 (red flag 1), but Nord Leads are a distinct red color (red flag 2), as seen here:
Clavia_Nord_lead_3-01.jpg

So I figured, "Well, that can't be real, and it's not what I was looking for anyway..." Besides, I was busy.

About six hours later, curiosity got the better of me. Surely, there had to be information about a white Nord Lead 3... and then I came across this:
Madonna%20Nord%20Lead%203%203.jpg

Further research determined that Marcus Brown (Madonna's keyboardist) was selling off his custom Nord Lead 3 on the cheap. I scrambled to email him, but alas, it was already sold.

Two days later, whoever bought his Nord Lead 3 posted it on ebay for ~$2,400.

I was kicking myself for that (though, I would have likely kept it).

Missed Gears of War 3 New and Sealed for $15. I had $12 and they didn't accept trades without the case. Also Epic Edition was $60 I believe

Missed a disc only copy of New Super Mario Bros Wii today at a yard sale. Some old lady picked it up for $2 as I was parking. No biggie, but slightly annoying.

[quote name='SaraAB']
I actually returned a copy of Xenosaga II to Target that I bought for $5... for PS2 obviously, the game had no value when I bought it, and I didn't have a PS2. I was only looking to make some cash on the game. I really should have at least kept that game.[/QUOTE]

Why is this bad? The 3rd xenosaga is the only valuable one.

I've got three stories.

First was back when Hollywood Video had their $5 game sale. I went the first day and got quite a few games before everything got picked over. The second day I was going back with my younger cousin to pick up the games. I had to wait for my Mom to lend me her car though and by the time we got there everything was picked over by a flipper except for a few games. This was more my cousin's loss, but I still missed out on a few games I probably would've gotten that day.

Second at a flea market last year. One lady had at her booth a big box of Mighty Max toys for $5! I didn't have room for these at home, otherwise I would have gotten them. I also have reason to believe these may have been my toys at one point. They were in a box that looked exactly like the kind we used to put our toys in and it had a big crack on the lid like ours did. Plus she had Mega Man toys next to it that we used to have in a similar storage box.

And this isn't truly a deal, but when I was in California back in 2010 I missed out on the Chuck Jones and Ray Harryhaussen exhibit they were having in Beverly Hills.

bread's done
Back