Gamefly 1 month for $1

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Gamefly Rental a month for $1
Edit: 2nd link if one above does not work.
http://www.gamefly.com/react/offer/backfor1dollar

71501562.png

I just got this email from one of my spare gamefly accounts, not sure if it is tied to my account. Expires 3/31

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one too, and I'm thinking about it. I got to a point where I was too low on money to even allow an extra $16 a month.

But I might get it again since alot of games have came out lately that I want to play, and won't spend the money on.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']When I click the link it takes me to restart my membership for regular price.[/QUOTE]
Its probably YMMV

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']That didn't work for me either. I would wait for others to try, maybe it is just me. I just recently cancelled gamefly.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it might be the case that you cancelled recently.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311547&highlight=gamefly
^Gamefly did a similar offer a few months ago and the link is the same as mine for this offer. That offer seem to have work for most people.

Neither link worked for me, but thanks for the post OP. I hope I get this email as I love using these cheap months/trials for trophy hunting :D

Does GameFly still suck? Last time I canceled was about a year ago, when hardly anything was ever available and shipping was about a 1-week turnaround.

Can you sign up for this even though you never been a member?

I feel like testing this Gamefly out to see how good they are and maybe keep them for one month after if it works out.

I need some games to use on my Vita as I have none.

[quote name='ral1121']Can you sign up for this even though you never been a member?

I feel like testing this Gamefly out to see how good they are and maybe keep them for one month after if it works out.

I need some games to use on my Vita as I have none.[/QUOTE]
You need to be a past gamefly member in order for it to work.

I guess I will leave the thread open since 2 CAGs have confirm the links work for them even though they did not receive an email invitation.

I did took advantage of a similar deal around Christmas on my one account. I couldn't do it again with that one. I did however have a second account that I could sign up for a $1.

[quote name='Blank Earth']Does GameFly still suck? Last time I canceled was about a year ago, when hardly anything was ever available and shipping was about a 1-week turnaround.[/QUOTE]

Yes they do, service hasn't improved much.
Though it's worth $1 even if you only get 2-3 games.

thanks OP it worked for me :D I figure I'll give them another chance for a month and cancel after that

now let's see if they actually ship me Tales of the Abyss 3DS, it claims to be available now and I put it at the top of my queue

[quote name='eLefAdEr']When is a good time to cancel? Immediately? After the first game ships? I just don't want to forget.[/QUOTE]

Wait for the last day or so, that way you don't lose any days. You have around week to get the game back to the after you cancel. Once you cancel that month is "over"

[quote name='Brother Daz']Wait for the last day or so, that way you don't lose any days. You have around week to get the game back to the after you cancel. Once you cancel that month is "over"[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks very much! Calendar reminder set.

[quote name='sandman8288']Yes they do, service hasn't improved much.
Though it's worth $1 even if you only get 2-3 games.[/QUOTE]

YMMV, it was like that for me back in 2006 but by 2008 up until now things are a 2 day turnaround for me.

I had gotten that email too, but it wouldn't work for me (showed the normal price)

I looked at the fine print at the bottom of the email and it said that quantities for this offer were limited, so that might be why.

[quote name='jling84']Will this sub give you that $5 credit to use on used games?[/QUOTE]

Only if you keep it for at least 3 months. You get $5 every quarter IIRC (I'm probably wrong, it's been several years since I had a GF sub).

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Only if you keep it for at least 3 months. You get $5 every quarter IIRC (I'm probably wrong, it's been several years since I had a GF sub).[/QUOTE]

No you're right.

[quote name='Brother Daz']No you're right.[/QUOTE]

lol thanks again. Here's hoping that the shipping times have improved since then. More than a one-week turnaround per game was the reason I canceled in the first place.

You could pair it up with a 2 month gift card.

Giving you 3 months for 17$ plus getting a 5$ giftcard to use on a used game with free shipping

Not a bad deal if ya ask me

[quote name='Blank Earth']Does GameFly still suck? Last time I canceled was about a year ago, when hardly anything was ever available and shipping was about a 1-week turnaround.[/QUOTE]
Depends on where you live. People in Texas get games shipped monday and get them tuesday. To the person wanting Asura's wrath goodluck I've had it in my queue for two months and its been low the whole time I don't think they ordered many copies for it.

Also on the shipping of games they seem to be tracking games now if you have a game in the postal office they'll ship your next game

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dcm1602']You could pair it up with a 2 month gift card.

Giving you 3 months for 17$ plus getting a 5$ giftcard to use on a used game with free shipping

Not a bad deal if ya ask me[/QUOTE]

not really Cause

You start today

MARCH 27- april 26 one month
April 27 to May 2nd month
May 27 to JUne 26 3rd month

YOUR TIME IS UP

YOUR 5 buck code does not come till around June 28 (usually 2 or 3 days after the 3rd bill)

ive looked, and sorry if i'm just an idiot...but where are these 2 month coupon/gift cards at?

i see on the gamefly website but they are full price and not 17 bucks

bread's done
Back