South Park: Tenorman's Revenge free with purchase of South Park Season 15 DVD

Raider Bizz

CAGiversary!
I just purchased the South Park Season 15 DVD, and inside, there was an insert to enter a code on the southparkstudios website. The first 5000 people to enter that code can get South Park: Tenorman's Revenge for free (and play it before it releases). After the first 5000 codes are entered, they'll give out South Park Themes instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geeze, so you didn't get it free. You got it for the cost of season 15 of South Park. So this is only a good deal if you want to buy that anyway, and even then its a gamble because this code might not be in every package. :roll:

I wouldn't exactly call this "free" since you have to purchase either the DVD or Bluray. Even then, it's only the first 5000 redemptions, so I wouldn't be surprised if they run out before the end of the day.

From southparkstudios.com:

Each Blu-ray and DVD will include a unique code inside for fans to enter at www.southparkstudios.com/season15 to get thousands of prizes, including a downloadable game code. It's first come, first serve so fans have to act fast. The first 5,000 to enter their code will get a download of "South Park: Tenorman's Revenge" game, an exclusive "South Park" theme and a 48 hour trial of Xbox Live Gold Membership. The next 70,000 entries will get an exclusive "South Park" Xbox theme and a 48 hour trial of Xbox Live Gold Membership.

Yeah, I took advantage of this as well (redeemed my code this morning). I've played a couple levels of the game, and the writing/humor/show references are great, but the gameplay gets boring fast if you play solo.

Yeah, a better title would be

South Park: Tenorman's Revenge FREE to First 5000 with Purchase of S15 DVD

And while you do make a purchase, I would argue the game is free, since you're not paying any extra to get the game, and odds are you were buying the DVD to begin with.

I assume you redeem the code in the DVD case to get an XBLA code for the game? If so, anyone want to sell theirs? PM me if interested, thanks.

[quote name='Raider Bizz']I just purchased the South Park Season 15 DVD, and inside, there was an insert to enter a code on the southparkstudios website. The first 5000 people to enter that code can get South Park: Tenorman's Revenge for free (and play it before it releases). After the first 5000 codes are entered, they'll give out South Park Themes instead.[/QUOTE]
In other words you have no fuck idea what "free" means

is it still not free for the first 5000? yes. stop giving the guy such a hard time. you read the title so you should have already known the game was only free for the first 5000 that bought a dvd. if you dont want it, dont get it. no need to complain.

So I can spend $25 to maybe save $5? Doesn't seem like a great deal to me. I think I'll wait till this is on Netflix to rewatch and, of course, wait to get the game on the eventual DotW or other discounted price of 400msp if it's 800 normally.

It's a cool deal if you were already buying the DVD but since I'm not, it's not worth the extra cost. Plus, I believe this was already posted in the XBLA thread. The effort is appreciated OP but probably won't really help anyone get the game for free that wasn't already going to try to get it.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So I can spend $25 to maybe save $5? Doesn't seem like a great deal to me. I think I'll wait till this is on Netflix to rewatch and, of course, wait to get the game on the eventual DotW or other discounted price of 400msp if it's 800 normally.

It's a cool deal if you were already buying the DVD but since I'm not, it's not worth the extra cost. Plus, I believe this was already posted in the XBLA thread. The effort is appreciated OP but probably won't really help anyone get the game for free that wasn't already going to try to get it.[/QUOTE]

how would you only save $5.00? its a $10.00 game.

i'd say if you can get the dvd today youll more then likely get the game free. the more you wait the lesser your chances. I just redeemed a code a half hour ago, so I'm sure they still have some left.

if anyone has a south park: tenormans revenge code, sell it to me please!! i also have Sideway NY, Uncharted 3 online pass and a Ninja Gaiden 3 online pass pm me!

I would like to thank op. I ordered a blu ray set for pickup from the store as the southparkstuios website says it comes with the code. Opened it in store and there was no code. Of note, the DVD sets have a sticker saying they contain the code. I got the last blu ray. Talked to the manager and he was awesome enough to open one of the DVD sets and give me the code out of it. He said he could send the opened pack back to the manufacturer. Anyway, redeemed the code and just got the game so there are still some left! Thanks OP and awesome manager!!!

did anyone that redeemed this get the theme and 48 hr trial too? I think I only got the game but the site says you get all 3 if you're one of the first 5,000.

[quote name='agentcoop007']Question, what would keep someone from sharing this code in the thread and us all trying it out to see if it works?[/QUOTE]

Codes are unique. 1 time use.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Codes are unique. 1 time use.[/QUOTE]

I knew the game codes were 1 time use, but was not sure the code you used on the website was unique, thanks

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']is it still not free for the first 5000? yes. stop giving the guy such a hard time. you read the title so you should have already known the game was only free for the first 5000 that bought a dvd. if you dont want it, dont get it. no need to complain.[/QUOTE]
No it's not, you don't understand what free means either

You have to buy the fuck DVD

It's free because I bought the DVD but I had to pay money to do that so it's not free but I wouldn't have gotten the game free if I hadn't spent money to buy the DVD in the first place which means I got the game free but bought the DVD to do so.

The game costs nothing extra to the first 5000 who bought the DVD and redeem the code. To the rest of you crying that it's not free, here's something that is: you have a thumb and a butthole. Figure the rest out.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']No it's not, you don't understand what free means either

You have to buy the fuck DVD[/QUOTE]

free doesnt always mean there isnt fine print. If Target has a Buy 2 get 1 free deal is the 3rd item not free? are you paying for that 3rd item? No. It's free. Like previously stated, if you dont like the deal..............don't get in on it. Go complain somewhere else.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']how would you only save $5.00? its a $10.00 game.[/QUOTE]

If you read my post I said I would save $5 since that would be what I would pay for it when it eventually goes on sale. I wouldn't be saving $10 if I was only going to buy it for $5 in the first place. But yes, in the end it's a total savings of $10.

FYI - The Blu-ray version does NOT have a code in the case, even though the website says it does. Many on Facebook have reported not getting the code in the Blu-ray version.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/shop/dvds/season-15
https://www.facebook.com/southpark

I got a code for the game just a few minutes ago, but it was only 1 code for the game. No other codes for the theme or 48-hour Xbox Live trial.

It says "The First 5,000 who enter the codes will receive a code for free download of the game, a South Park Theme and a 48 hour trial Xbox Live Gold Membership!"

I wonder if the codes for theme and 48 hour trial come in the e-mail.

[quote name='CodeTrader']FYI - The Blu-ray version does NOT have a code in the case, even though the website says it does. Many on Facebook have reported not getting the code in the Blu-ray version.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/shop/dvds/season-15
https://www.facebook.com/southpark

I got a code for the game just a few minutes ago, but it was only 1 code for the game. No other codes for the theme or 48-hour Xbox Live trial.

It says "The First 5,000 who enter the codes will receive a code for free download of the game, a South Park Theme and a 48 hour trial Xbox Live Gold Membership!"

I wonder if the codes for theme and 48 hour trial come in the e-mail.[/QUOTE]

i havent received any emails. And yah Im curious as to why I didnt get a theme or 48 hr trial as well..but not that big of a deal. Mainly wanted the game. But more free stuff is always nice.

Thanks, OP! I was planning on buying Season 15 anyway (I have all the seasons on DVD... can't really stop at this point), and Best Buy has it on sale this week ($25 DVD, $30 Blu). Got my game code just fine, but like the other posters, no theme or trial codes. Still, even if those don't pan out, great deal for me.

[quote name='CodeTrader']FYI - The Blu-ray version does NOT have a code in the case, even though the website says it does. Many on Facebook have reported not getting the code in the Blu-ray version.[/QUOTE]

My BF just got back from BB with our BD version and it DID have the code inside. He found a copy with the sticker on the outside mentioning the promotion. When redeemed, we did receive a code for the game. Woot!

Thanks OP!

[quote name='goMaki']My BF just got back from BB with our BD version and it DID have the code inside. He found a copy with the sticker on the outside mentioning the promotion. When redeemed, we did receive a code for the game. Woot!

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I originally got the Blu-ray version from Best Buy and it didn't contain a code, but it also didn't have a sticker on it.

I exchanged it for the DVD version since the Blu-ray didn't have a code. The DVD version did have a sticker on the front.

So I guess if people are going to get this, then look for the sticker.

I didn't see anything about it only being in specially marked sets.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']No it's not, you don't understand what free means either

You have to buy the fuck DVD[/QUOTE]

Sigh~ everything costs something... Time, Effort, money. However, this is like saying b2g1 free sales are actually buy 3 60 dollar games at 40 a piece. This is also like saying the online pass aren't free with no copies, but the cost of new copies dropped 10 lower than what the MSRP is + whatever the pass value is. In the end, any bonus that doesn't affect the price is free.

Thanks very much for posting this deal, OP. I had been planning to pick up S15, but wouldn't have stopped by Best Buy last night on my way to work if I hadn't seen this thread. So I would have bought the set this weekend, and missed out on getting the game for....**FREE** :cool:

[quote name='nateeasy29']What are the odds that some codes are still left?[/QUOTE]

probably still good.wouldnt keep waiting though. And only get this if you planned on getting the DVD anyways.

Check your e-mail for the other two codes for the theme and the 48-hour trial.

I received an e-mail from South Park Studios titled "Your South Park Season 15 Code Redemption" that had the missing codes.

Edit: I made a mistake. The codes are actually just for the game and the theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the email, but it contained a code for the game, and a code for the theme. No trial code.

The theme code appears not to be working yet, so I'll keep trying.

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']I just got the email, but it contained a code for the game, and a code for the theme. No trial code.

The theme code appears not to be working yet, so I'll keep trying.[/QUOTE]

I just realized that one of the codes was the same as game code I got. I thought they were the theme and 48-hour trial codes.

bread's done
Back