Atlus Digital PSP Game Prices Slashed.

Rouzhokuu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
atluspsnpricedrop2012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, OP. I would've gotten Persona 3 for my new Vita if I hadn't already grinded through 40-60 hours on my PSP.

I've been waiting for Class of Heroes to drop since I regretted getting it the last time it was on sale. I'll probably spend too much lol

I want CoH, Riviera, Knights, and P1&2. Hexyz and Badass I haven't heard too much about so idk about those.

[quote name='Vampjoe']I've been waiting for Class of Heroes to drop since I regretted getting it the last time it was on sale. I'll probably spend too much lol

I want CoH, Riviera, Knights, and P1&2. Hexyz and Badass I haven't heard too much about so idk about those.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on Class of Heroes. That game was $40 for AGES.

Very interested in some of these, but there is no way I can justify buying now. I can't really tell if these drops are permanent, but given how crazy the prices on some used to be I would assume so?

[quote name='SDC']Very interested in some of these, but there is no way I can justify buying now. I can't really tell if these drops are permanent, but given how crazy the prices on some used to be I would assume so?[/QUOTE]

The image says "price drop" instead of "sale" so it should be permanent.
Unless you're in a hurry to play them you should probably wait for a sale.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Heard some good things about Hexyz Force. Don't know if it's worth $15 though.[/QUOTE]

I really liked Hexyz Force. It had a very PS1 feel to it. You'll definitely get $15 worth as far as hours go.

Not that anyone asked, but I didn't like Crimson Gem Saga. Very rare that I give up on a game.

[quote name='VexxedCS']I have the Persona games covered, any recommendations on the other 7?[/QUOTE]

Check out the quick look for Kenka:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_y2Bi1QqSU
I can't believe any company would bother to bring such a niche title like that over, but Atlus managed to deliver once again.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']Any thoughts on Hexyz Force? I have (and enjoy) most of the others.[/QUOTE]

Personally i thought this game was great. A very traditional old school RPG with a great storyline and pretty awesome cut scenes. It features a "second story" so it's like having 2 rpg games in one.

Atlas Digital PSP Game Prices Slashed.

images

While looking for a good non-nude Atlas on Google Pics for this post, seeing how awesome looking this one is makes me actually want to buy one now.

Also, $15 is a steal for Hexyz Force, because for some reason the game is considered rare and expensive new.

Not so bad used, but still.

Kenka Bancha is freaking hilarious. You play a Japanese high school delinquent who goes around beating up other high schoolers on a weekly field trip to become the ultimate high school badass. I paid $20 for a UMD version of the game and don't regret it one bit.

And the Persona games...you can't go wrong with those.

Been waiting on a price drop on Persona games for a while now. Never played them... but oddly enough, even with the Vita-centric advertising, two of them aren't on the Vita marketplace yet. :/

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Been waiting on a price drop on Persona games for a while now. Never played them... but oddly enough, even with the Vita-centric advertising, two of them aren't on the Vita marketplace yet. :/[/QUOTE]

If you have a PS3 you can transfer like 95% of the PSP games and have them work on the Vita.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Been waiting on a price drop on Persona games for a while now. Never played them... but oddly enough, even with the Vita-centric advertising, two of them aren't on the Vita marketplace yet. :/[/QUOTE]

Actually, I just posted this in the PSN thread, but I'm pretty sure I saw P1 and P3 on the store on the Vita within the last month. I really wanted to pick up P3 when I got the vita, but balked at $40.

[quote name='Brandon Heat']Never played any of the Persona games, so I will definitely pick up the first Persona and give this series a try.[/QUOTE]

From what i have read, persona 3 is a good enough entry point for newcomers. You will not be missing anything story/character related

Liked hexyz and, and crimson gem, these prices make them really worth it. Also, Riviera is an awesome game, and the digital game doesn't have the game breaking errors that the physical copy has.

[quote name='Thrinn']Check out the quick look for Kenka:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_y2Bi1QqSU
I can't believe any company would bother to bring such a niche title like that over, but Atlus managed to deliver once again.[/QUOTE]

Game reminds me of Yakuza 3. I wonder if its worth it if i already have Yakuza 3 and 4 on the ps3.

Kenka Bancho is definitely worth picking up. I bought it a while back and have played through it a few times. Persona 3 Portable I figure goes without saying. Persona 2 Innocent Sin on UMD at least was not pleasant and had horrible loading issues and I would say hold off if this is a true "price drop" until hits 20.

Already have physical copies of all 3 Persona games and I grabbed a digital P3 last time it was on sale...but if Kenka Bancho is anything like a Yakuza game I'm snatching it up. If it's that good I'll probably double down for a retail disc.

I'd definitely consider a digital version of Persona 3 since I have it already on PS2 just for the slight differences. Might get Riveria since I missed out on the GBA version. Might also consider the rest of the SRPGs.

Already have Kenka Bancho, Persona, and Persona 2.

I didn't know much about the games so I did some quick searches on Metacritic for review scores:

Persona Collection
MC 78 IGN 75 - Persona
MC 75 IGN 80 - Persona 2: Innocent Sin
MC 89 IGN 85 - Persona 3: Portable

Depth Heaven PSP Collection
MC 68 IGN 62 - Riviera: The Promised Land
MC 73 IGN 77 - Yggdra Union
MC 75 IGN 88 - Knights in the Nightmare

Others
MC 68 IGN ?? - Hexyz Force
MC 71 IGN 68 - Kenka Bancho Badass Rumble
MC 78 IGN 84 - Crimson Gem Saga
MC 61 IGN 51 - Class of Heroes

Eventhough the score isn't very high, Kenka Bancho looks like a lot of fun.

Prefer to have stuff on UMD for my PSPs but those prices on Hexyz Force & Crimson Gem are tempting.

I have played Knights in Nightmare, Yggdra & Riviera on my DS and had a good time with those.

Class of Heroes sucks, hardcore.

I played to the second last boss. Boss fights are literally one round, or die.

Yggdra is great, but don't expect more than a polished Mini. It's more like a weird chess game than anything else.

[quote name='Brandon Heat']Never played any of the Persona games, so I will definitely pick up the first Persona and give this series a try.[/QUOTE]

Getting P3P and skipping the first Persona is a much better idea. Atlus did their best with it, but the constant random battles and maze-like dungeons in Persona are not fun anymore.

Some of these are tempting since I plan on getting a Vita sometime this year but I'm worried now that there's a rumor that Sony will disable playing of PSP games on Vita.

[quote name='roymustang']Some of these are tempting since I plan on getting a Vita sometime this year but I'm worried now that there's a rumor that Sony will disable playing of PSP games on Vita.[/QUOTE]

There is no way that they can allow it, then disallow it. People would riot! Maybe if they come out with a new model that does not handle emulation/backwards compatibility the same way...I sold my psp-2000 and pspGo and my UMD's to get a Vita with no money out of pocket. I would be livid if that ended up meaning I could not play PSP games after all. But...

... I am so glad I kept my persona save and it's on sale. I recommend both Persona and P3P...BOTH! I never beat Persona, but the adventure so far is dope and I cant wait to continue on my Vita. I beat P3P and tempted to play it again. P2 Innocent Sin a played a bit...That one I will wait for a $19.99 price.

[quote name='bigdbo622']There is no way that they can allow it, then disallow it. People would riot! Maybe if they come out with a new model that does not handle emulation/backwards compatibility the same way...I sold my psp-2000 and pspGo and my UMD's to get a Vita with no money out of pocket. I would be livid if that ended up meaning I could not play PSP games after all. But...

... I am so glad I kept my persona save and it's on sale. I recommend both Persona and P3P...BOTH! I never beat Persona, but the adventure so far is dope and I cant wait to continue on my Vita. I beat P3P and tempted to play it again. P2 Innocent Sin a played a bit...That one I will wait for a $19.99 price.[/QUOTE]

I can only hope that you're right, but it is Sony, so I can't really put anything past them. No doubt that it would piss people off big time but they've made it pretty clear that their biggest priority with the Vita is to stop piracy (even though it's pretty much impossible).

[quote name='roymustang']I can only hope that you're right, but it is Sony, so I can't really put anything past them. No doubt that it would piss people off big time but they've made it pretty clear that their biggest priority with the Vita is to stop piracy (even though it's pretty much impossible).[/QUOTE]

I don't pirate games on any of my consoles/portables/phone etc. I buy everything. If they do this, and screw over people, they better not expect people to just fall in line. Expect people to start doing what they gotta do...

Are Persona games turn based regular RPGs like, for example, classic Final Fantasy (not strategic)?
P3P is the best of the lot, it seems. That's the one I should get?

bread's done
Back