Kickstart for physical release of Class of Heroes 2

The people who refuse to buy any digital downloads are only cheating themselves out of niche titles like this. Avoiding the sunk cost for media production and royalty fees is the only way such a game can have a shot at making the licensee who localizes it any profit.

If people want the maps and tchotkes, let them buy it separately. If the game is any damn good but with a limited audience, get it up on PSN and maximize the sales efficiency.

They need to hook up with GameArts and get a kickstarter for Lunar 3 going, instead of porting over obscure JRPGs.

And I still have faith in good JRPGs (Radiant Historia, Xenoblade, etc.) still exist these days but Class of Heroes was terrible. I can't imagine CoH2 being any better. Looks like they'll get their wish though as they've already got $50K+.

[quote name='Vinny']They need to hook up with GameArts and get a kickstarter for Lunar 3 going, instead of porting over obscure JRPGs.[/QUOTE]

The problem here, as Vic noted, is the Japanese. Most of them are not up for trying new things and won't even talk to you about such things. You know it def wouldn't happen with an established name series unless this becomes profitable. If this goes through you'll probably see this with a higher profile series.

Some companies also have unrealistic numbers. They sell 1m in Japan and they think the game is worth that in America (for licensing), but it won't ever sell nearly as much here as it did there.

[quote name='BigPopov']The problem here, as Vic noted, is the Japanese. Most of them are not up for trying new things and won't even talk to you about such things. You know it def wouldn't happen with an established name series unless this becomes profitable. If this goes through you'll probably see this with a higher profile series.

Some companies also have unrealistic numbers. They sell 1m in Japan and they think the game is worth that in America (for licensing), but it won't ever sell nearly as much here as it did there.[/QUOTE]

Well, with something like Lunar, I wouldn't be asking them to take the next step in RPG evolution... Lunar 1 & 2 weren't all that different, I'd just want a third story. Then again, if Dragon Song was any indication, then maybe it's not such a great idea.

A lot of the tiers don't really appeal to me. Judging by the progress it has made, I do not think that it will succeed.

[quote name='Gamehead']A lot of the tiers don't really appeal to me. Judging by the progress it has made, I do not think that it will succeed.[/QUOTE]

And of course, instead of trying this again with a game people actually give half a fuck about, Vic will lament how poorly it did and will never try it again.

[quote name='jello44']I'd rather there be a kickstarter for VC3 but hey.[/QUOTE]

They've kinda hinted that's in the works. But most likely this business model needs to be proven first (hence them starting with a really niche title), so it probably will never happen...

bread's done
Back