Jump to content


- - - - -

GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)


#301 Tom Jane   I want my kids back! CAGiversary!   849 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

In for Blackeyed Peas Experience.
I just want my kids back!!!

Steam Offers | PSN Gameshare offers | DLC/Code Requests | Trade List | Lowball
Looking to sell Steam games promptly: B-Lands GotY ($7), B-Lands 2 ($10), Tropico 4 ($7.50), Ys Origins ($10); Others
Looking to sell PSN Gameshares promptly: 1) God of War 1, 2, Origins; 2) Darksiders

Will listen to reasonable offers.

#302 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8434 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

summer, how did you get that $20 for me3 preorder. im still waiting on it from bestbuy. real gift card or emailed egift card?

Velo214.png
sig.gif


#303 technicalstylez   Colors User CAGiversary!   3552 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

technicalstylez

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

summer, how did you get that $20 for me3 preorder. im still waiting on it from bestbuy. real gift card or emailed egift card?


its an emailed gift card code
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#304 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2423 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

I was going with the thought that this IS the Game Days sale.

I remembered it being Early April with the April showers to bring in the Spring. I could be completely wrong though.


Me too, seems like they usually do two big ones, one around my bday (early April) then one late summer.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)


#305 advanced   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

12 extra characters, not 8.


Wow, really? That makes it even BETTER! :lol:

I wanted to say 12, but I haven't plugged my copy in since SFxT, so I wasn't positive.

#306 mrwiseguy85   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

mrwiseguy85

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

I noticed if (big IF) the vita coupon stacks, one can get MNR Road Trip for $10 (plus tax), and flip to amazon trade for $16 right now. Not a huge gain, but snag a few and it could garner a little change for future amazon purchases.

Mostly hoping for $20 unit 13...that is my sweet spot.

#307 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3336 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

I noticed if (big IF) the vita coupon stacks, one can get MNR Road Trip for $10 (plus tax), and flip to amazon trade for $16 right now. Not a huge gain, but snag a few and it could garner a little change for future amazon purchases.

Mostly hoping for $20 unit 13...that is my sweet spot.



Are you serious...? If not you nailed it, you actually made me laugh out loud that you would consider buying multiples of a game, one at a time, flag yourself as a flipper at a local store, all in what..... to make maybe $12-18 after weeks from mailing in games to amazon...?!

Ahahahahahahahhaa. Wow I needed that laugh.

#308 KtMack23   Retired from CAGing CAGiversary!   2482 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

Are you serious...? If not you nailed it, you actually made me laugh out loud that you would consider buying multiples of a game, one at a time, flag yourself as a flipper at a local store, all in what..... to make maybe $12-18 after weeks from mailing in games to amazon...?!

Ahahahahahahahhaa. Wow I needed that laugh.


Its great if you just want to move credit. Alot of us got shit ton of gamestop credit Theese past few weeks and would like to move it to somewhere that we actually like to shop.

#309 Momouchi   Drowning in backlog CAGiversary!   2583 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

Thinking about White Knight Chronicles II, $20 for two games seems pretty good.

14273.png


#310 ZeroFlame15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   792 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

ZeroFlame15

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hmm, so does Amazon usually price match these kinds of sales? Im thinking about what to do, Id rather buy from amazon.


I want to know this too since I would rather buy from amazon right now since I have credit.

#311 mrwiseguy85   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

mrwiseguy85

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

Are you serious...? If not you nailed it, you actually made me laugh out loud that you would consider buying multiples of a game, one at a time, flag yourself as a flipper at a local store, all in what..... to make maybe $12-18 after weeks from mailing in games to amazon...?!

Ahahahahahahahhaa. Wow I needed that laugh.


Point taken. Honestly don't do this very often and thought it was a minor, albiet, helpful idea. I see your point, and I agree its a good way to move a little credit from gs to amazon as the poster mentioned, if nothing elese.

Ill be more sensible in the future about my "bright" ideas.

#312 KtMack23   Retired from CAGing CAGiversary!   2482 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

Point taken. Honestly don't do this very often and thought it was a minor, albiet, helpful idea. I see your point, and I agree its a good way to move a little credit from gs to amazon as the poster mentioned, if nothing elese.

Ill be more sensible in the future about my "bright" ideas.


It helped me out, don't let jerks who want to be dicks on the internet stop you from helping others.

#313 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3336 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

It helped me out, don't let jerks who want to be dicks on the internet stop you from helping others.



I'm not trying to be a jerk, only pointing out if that's your idea of making money, just a few dollars at a time for all of that trouble, it sounds a bit crazy.

I can see your point about having too much GS credit. Just hold onto it and wait to use it for other things or the next console. :)

Now if he said AMZ gives $20+ for $11 in retail (taxes), maybe that could be worthwhile to some. Keep in mind though technically this coupon is one per person and has to be rung up one at a time. Is that worth it to you to be labeled a flipper for pennies?

#314 robodaddyo   is not a scumbag CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

robodaddyo

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

I'm not trying to be a jerk, only pointing out if that's your idea of making money, just a few dollars at a time for all of that trouble, it sounds a bit crazy.

I can see your point about having too much GS credit. Just hold onto it and wait to use it for other things or the next console. :)

Now if he said AMZ gives $20+ for $11 in retail (taxes), maybe that could be worthwhile to some. Keep in mind though technically this coupon is one per person and has to be rung up one at a time. Is that worth it to you to be labeled a flipper for pennies?

Wait a minute. First you said a few dollars and now it's pennies? Are people only getting pennies when trading in games? Is that the new trend now?

"...I normally open every game I buy anymore...", "...since I ONLY usually...", "...because it's wasn't fun...", "Pretty much sure it does...", "Works always gets in...", "...I acually spelled the my user...", "this will help let more people see it as this more people see...", "You very probably won't...", "...wouldnt have good sales less often due to less competition."

 Please, stop butchering the English language. These are horrible.


#315 alihoopz43   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

alihoopz43

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

I bought three copies of Mass Effect on launch day for me and my friends, for $59.99.

Anybody know if I bring in my receipts if I can get a price adjustment? I would assume so, because I could always just do a "buy/return with old receipt", but I'd rather not deal with the hassle.


I work at GameStop, technically the rule is you can only return unopened new product within the first seven days. So there's about a 99% chance that this isn't going to work...the 1% that it might is if you know someone who would do it for you (but might get in trouble for it), or there's a random employee that doesn't know better.

#316 mrwiseguy85   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

mrwiseguy85

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

I'm not trying to be a jerk, only pointing out if that's your idea of making money, just a few dollars at a time for all of that trouble, it sounds a bit crazy.

I can see your point about having too much GS credit. Just hold onto it and wait to use it for other things or the next console. :)


Well, I work my 40 hour work week for income, but it never hurts to save a little here and there. Its like trading in 7 old PS2 games to get maybe $10 credit: it won't cover your gaming expenses for life but its a little effort for a little savings. Little savings overtime accumulate to large savings. But you're right, that is not my idea of making money, just saving a buck here and there.

#317 cheapbastard   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

cheapbastard

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

I work at GameStop, technically the rule is you can only return unopened new product within the first seven days. So there's about a 99% chance that this isn't going to work...the 1% that it might is if you know someone who would do it for you (but might get in trouble for it), or there's a random employee that doesn't know better.


Is this something new? Just last month I read the back of the receipt and it said u can return any new software within 30 days.

#318 rey6eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   636 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

UMVC3 is better due to the 8 extra characters, and changes made to existing characters over MVC3. The Heroes/Heralds mode is better then the Shadow Battle mode (and free too).

You can buy MVC3, I won't stop you, but UMVC3 is a better game due to those few simple things.


I guess I can wait for UMVC3 to drop, thanks for the response. In the meantime I'll pick up MK:Komplete during this sale.
502070.png

#319 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7202 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Haven't seen it ask but perhaps it has.

Will the used prices reflect these temporary price drops?

I would be tempted to upgrade to Pro for the b2g1 coupon if that were the case!

#320 klimb22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2465 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

I work at GameStop, technically the rule is you can only return unopened new product within the first seven days. So there's about a 99% chance that this isn't going to work...the 1% that it might is if you know someone who would do it for you (but might get in trouble for it), or there's a random employee that doesn't know better.

Is this something new? Just last month I read the back of the receipt and it said u can return any new software within 30 days.

I don't think he knows is own employer's policies.

#321 dmdragon   Likes PIE CAGiversary!   1895 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

Don't let me down now amazon and PM for me. I have 50 in amazon credit for Borderlands and MK Komplete, but no GS credit.

#322 advanced   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

I guess I can wait for UMVC3 to drop, thanks for the response. In the meantime I'll pick up MK:Komplete during this sale.


Definitely do that. MK is a great game. I bought it on a whim shortly after release (I rolled into some money that I didn't plan on getting, so I splurged) and am happy I bought it when I did. Got the DLC later on for it too.

Edit: Anybody know if stores will be getting in more stock for this sale? My local stores don't have Lego Harry Potter 1-4 for the 360 and my girlfriend wants me to get it.
Edit 2: Probably wouldn't kill me if I just bought a used copy for a buck or so more after PUR. Nevermind the question.

Edited by advanced, 29 March 2012 - 03:55 PM.


#323 KtMack23   Retired from CAGing CAGiversary!   2482 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

I'm not trying to be a jerk, only pointing out if that's your idea of making money, just a few dollars at a time for all of that trouble, it sounds a bit crazy.

I can see your point about having too much GS credit. Just hold onto it and wait to use it for other things or the next console. :)

Now if he said AMZ gives $20+ for $11 in retail (taxes), maybe that could be worthwhile to some. Keep in mind though technically this coupon is one per person and has to be rung up one at a time. Is that worth it to you to be labeled a flipper for pennies?


This isn't even a flip, Its just moving credit. There could $1 proftit and I'd be OK just to move credit.

#324 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3750 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

summer, how did you get that $20 for me3 preorder. im still waiting on it from bestbuy. real gift card or emailed egift card?


Mine came on the 23rd in the form of a RZ certificate. You may want to check on the status of your rebate.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Monster Monpiece, :3ds: Majora's Mask, :xb1: N/ATM :360: N/ATM, :ps3: N/ATM, :ps4: Dying Light/#KillAllZombies, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors


#325 ZeroFlame15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   792 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

ZeroFlame15

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

Don't let me down now amazon and PM for me. I have 50 in amazon credit for Borderlands and MK Komplete, but no GS credit.


Yeah I am wanting to get MK:C and Catherine off Amazon since I have amazon credit too.

#326 GeorgeCostanza   Hangin Tough CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

GeorgeCostanza

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

can I buy now and get a price adjustment? Looking at Lego harry collectors for the boy
Posted Image

#327 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3336 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

Well, I work my 40 hour work week for income, but it never hurts to save a little here and there. Its like trading in 7 old PS2 games to get maybe $10 credit: it won't cover your gaming expenses for life but its a little effort for a little savings. Little savings overtime accumulate to large savings. But you're right, that is not my idea of making money, just saving a buck here and there.



I hear ya. Just look at the overall picture, driving to a store, multiple purchases, shipping to AMZ by going to the post office, to make maybe $5 per game? That's A LOT of time/work compared to what you get.

#328 Caoz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   250 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

can I buy now and get a price adjustment? Looking at Lego harry collectors for the boy


I also have this questions since I am near a GS right now and my home is about 40+ mins from the nearest one. Would like to go there now and make the adjustment when I am near one next week.

Thanks,

#329 bellenoire2005   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

bellenoire2005

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

can I buy now and get a price adjustment? Looking at Lego harry collectors for the boy


Gamestop does not do price adjustments. Wait until Sunday.

#330 Caoz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   250 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

Gamestop does not do price adjustments. Wait until Sunday.


Thanks for the answer!