CAGcast #277: Hotel Soap? Yes!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Shipwreck attends MLG Columbus, reviews the new Resident Evil game and a backpack with an alarm, Wombat is unreasonable, and CheapyD doesn't want to receive hotel soap as a gift.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]186[/podcast]
Download - 76 minutes, 46MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Spente La Stelle (Yomanda mix) / Milford Plaza Commercial + iSafe backpack alarm

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

How is 3 grand a week "supplementary income" Wombat? I'm not sure how many people are on the Giant Bomb cast to split it between but I'd like to be in your tax bracket if 150k+ is "supplementary income."

Last edited by a moderator:
Drives a good movie and so is the Muppets. Now watch Game Of Thrones season 1 if you haven't so you can talk some about it on your next "Watch this bitches" segment. Season 2 starts April 1st so get on it!

Mass Effect 3 "From Ashes" Theme Song

Triangle Man
Triangle Man
Triangle Man hates Reaper Man
They have a fight
Triangle Wins
Triangle Man

(I haven't played any ME3, so this is not a spoiler, just a joke.)

NUF1g.jpg

[quote name='Lightning War']How is 3 grand a week "supplementary income" Wombat? I'm not sure how many people are on the Giant Bomb cast to split it between but I'd like to be in your tax bracket if 150k+ is "supplementary income."[/QUOTE]

Thats 3000 split between 5 people on Giant Bomb, after taxes and after paying the bills. They would be lucky to walk away with an extra 200 bucks per week.

Hey it was nice meeting Shipwreck at MLG Columbus last weekend and I look forward to seeing everyone yes even Wombat at E3 this year.

BTW if anyone is going to Pax East we should meet up...

[quote name='lifeinhisway83']Cheapy - From what I've heard, Traynor only goes for Femsheps so don't waste your time trying to romance her.[/QUOTE]

*nods head*

Lucky for me I played through as FemShep. :)

Cheapy your Jamaican Prothean impersonation made me spit out my drink while I was driving, LOL. Thanks.

when I traveled my wife was always happy that I brought the soap and stuff home. I don't think I'd want it from the boss though, that is tacky. I could almost hear Wombat spill out what he was thinking he could say about Mass Effect 3 but held back. It was an honor to play ME3, I can't wait to play again.

[quote name='brn']Mass Effect 3 "From Ashes" Theme Song

Triangle Man
Triangle Man
Triangle Man hates Reaper Man
They have a fight
Triangle Wins
Triangle Man

(I haven't played any ME3, so this is not a spoiler, just a joke.)[/QUOTE]

See? This is what happens when I don't read through the comments. I accidentally repeat someone else's joke... Sorry. Good to know there are more TMBG fans out there (given the demographic of the show, I'd bet quite a few).

Did I space out during the past 2 podcasts or are the Naruto, Mass Effect 3 and Street Fighter x Tekken giveaway still going on?

Show notes

06:50 - Show Feedback
16:00 - New Releases
16:00 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour
17:30 - Ridge Racer Unbounded
19:50 - Closure
21:50 - Wrecked Revenge Revisited
22:00 - South Park Tenorman's Revenge
25:00 - Shopping News
25:30 - Kid Icarus 3D
31:00 - Resident Evil: Raccoon City
34:45 - Mass Effect 3
43:45 - Ship @ Major League Gaming
51:45 - Isafe backpack
54:45 - Prey 2
56:00 - Dyack's used game theory
57:30 - Top Analyst
60:00 - PS4
64:00 - Plumber Crack
67:45 - Triple Town
69:00 - Wombat is Brainwashed
70:00 - Cagbag

And btw you could romance Kelly Chambers in ME2

You guys need to spend some time on Youtube:

Kelly does a dance for you in your cabin.

Traynor only goes for the ladies so sorry Cheapy.

Great show as always guys.

I have a quick question for Wombat though. When playing video games, when given the option do you use southpaw controls that switches the functions of the analog sticks (i.e. a shooter where the left is for movement and the right is for aiming and southpaw switches these) or are you like me and have adapted to playing the default way?

[quote name='e3vL']Did I space out during the past 2 podcasts or are the Naruto, Mass Effect 3 and Street Fighter x Tekken giveaway still going on?[/QUOTE]

Fighting went to Meager from Podcast #275 about 10 minutes in.
Mass Effect, and Naruto are still up for grabs I believe.

I want to preface this comment by admitting that I have been overly critical of the podcast since Wombat asked for constructive criticisms.

I think the problem I have had with the CAGCast lately is the lack of discussion of games in depth. I feel it’s partially due to the fact that everyone seems so terrified of spoilers. It really gets me when I feel like you guys have something to say about a game and don’t do it because you “don’t want to give anything away.” For one it really disrupts the flow of conversation, and it also cockteases the audience.

I’m not expecting a full on spoiler discussion of every game, but I feel that you guys can discuss things you like or don’t like about the game without ruining stuff for the audience. Giant Bomb has been talking about Mass Effect for a few weeks now, without giving away spoilers, and I am at the point where I feel their discussion is complete; I understand what they really think of the game and the Mass Effect series as a whole. It feels like you guys have barely given impressions. The same can go for any other game discussed on the podcast. I really care about what you guys have to say about games. Right now I feel like we are getting a lot of who, what, where, and not enough why and how.

You can't really romance Kelly. Just invite her to your cabin with no cut scene or anything. Kinda lame and your current romance at the moment doesn't care. More interesting is that you can go through all the romance options in ME 2, but you can't go back to your previous romances and ME 3 only recognizes the last romance.

[quote name='e3vL']Did I space out during the past 2 podcasts or are the Naruto, Mass Effect 3 and Street Fighter x Tekken giveaway still going on?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, come on. I want to be the "Winner" of Naruto. It looks really good.

Great show as usually, I'm with Wombat, no more techno Cheapy. It's not the music I want to hear at 4am on my way to work & half asleep.

And as for the Suda 51 stuff, Cheapy just because someones a dick to his employees doesn't mean people aren't going to stop buying his games(raises hand) & it happens all the time in other fields of work. I work in the food industry & bosses/chefs are nothing but dicks(not all but a good chunk) & most of work is done by cooks/prep, but the Chefs/Bosses are the ones who laid the ground work, recipes, & run the place. I might just be me, but I see no problem because Suda has put in his hard work just form Grasshopper in the first place, & he doesn't have time to do EVERYTHING in his games because he's making sure that everyone still has a god damn job.

[quote name='Gentlegamer']Wombat: "I think there's gonna be a Mass Effect 4. I haven't finished the game yet..."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL[/QUOTE]

We discussed how there other stories to tell, that may have taken place either before or concurrent to the completed trilogy.

[quote name='Wombat']We discussed how there other stories to tell, that may have taken place either before or concurrent to the completed trilogy.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that Bioware has all but said that the ME series isn't done after ME3. Definitely will be more.

ok, Plumber Crack is borderline creepy..thank god it was a free DL

my 2 cents on the whole used game b/c I've been thinking about it all day. I think the future is already at hand. Used games single handedly destroyed physical based games as we know it. For IGN staff to think that GameStop wouldn't sell their system matters is crazy, GS is the main reason we are seeing this shift. The bottom line IS that the console makers and the developers want their fair share of the money, and I can't blame them. I am a big collector, I've bought a ton of used games, I've bought a ton of sealed ones since coming to this site, I don't have a problem with either, it just comes down to how much money, you, the 'customer' wants to spend. However, I never trade games in, nor do I rent them. I love owning each and every game and watching them fill up my shelves just as much as anyone else.

This next round of consoles will be the last physical based models before going to all digital. At least the models next-gen isn't forcing all digital just yet. This hockey puck 360? it'll just do everything BUT play games, unless there is a generous amount of on board storage and support for XBLA. I mean it just makes sense it'll be another media server if 'thats what more people are spending more time doing.' Oh, and if people aren't online, then they get to sit out, its as simple as that. Its 2012, not 1997 where you had to make sure your phone cord was long enough to reach the back of the computer from the wall. But I'm down for whatever happens, I just hope with all digital comes a lot of HDD space, like in excess of 1TB standard.

A quick shoutout to all the old school Tri-Staters in the house...

Thanks Cheapy for "Mount Airy Lodge" two weeks ago and "Millford Plaza" this episode. Brings back memories...next week I expect some "Petland Discounts" flava.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC61GmpdMVc

I'm sure the other NY CAGs have their favorites! Good episode.

That's funny. I never saw the Kelly in your cabin scenes in Mass Effect 2. I invited her to dinner. Fade to black. It cut away to the next morning and the conversation implied we had a one night stand. So not a romance, more of a fling. Didn't interefere with romancing Liara later.

While I agree with Shipwreck that the next generation of consoles couldn't possibly eliminate the use of used games entirely, I think there are too many rumors for this not to be partly true. I have a feeling the next generation of games will come with a unique code (ala $10 pass) that can only be used once. Anyone that buys the game used will have to somehow pay for this pass in order to play the game.

[quote name='banodyne']That's funny. I never saw the Kelly in your cabin scenes in Mass Effect 2. I invited her to dinner. Fade to black. It cut away to the next morning and the conversation implied we had a one night stand. So not a romance, more of a fling. Didn't interefere with romancing Liara later.[/QUOTE]

Kelly's freaky disjointed dance comes after the final mission, so long as you rescued her.

I'd like to see the next Mass Effect game to take a cue from Halo Wars. But not a strategy game. Just let you be a trooper in a ground war, and let you choose which species you want to be and have to fight in a multi-sided war. They could place it in the past, such as the Rachni Wars, or the First Contact War... but then you already know how those ended. Maybe a post-ME3 setting... the alliances are pretty fragile and it won't be hard to write a flare-up to set things off. But in that case, they'd have to choose a ME3 ending to declare canon, and that'd sorta be a slap in the face to whatever happened in your own ME storyline.

[quote name='Wombat']We discussed how there other stories to tell, that may have taken place either before or concurrent to the completed trilogy.[/QUOTE]

If the movie isn't going to do it then I want a First Contact War game. See Ashley's grandfather, maybe meet a pre-Cerberus Illusive Man, or hell play as him in the events from the Dark Horse comic. Fight turians until the Asari and Salarians play peacemaker.

Someone on IGN's spoiler cast brought up a DLC Bioware should do for ME 3 is a prequel of Shepard's backstory. Imagine fighting through the thresher maw attack, the biotic coup, or the Skyllian Blitz battles Shepard faced to get promoted to N7 depending on your background choice and playing through those? Instant buy for me.

Cheapy's Jamaican accent cracked me up. The Plumber Crack segment made me laugh, too. It's nice to hear Shipwreck is enjoying both Xenoblade and Kid Icarus. I'll be sure to buy both games, but I'm a bit short on cash right now.

Good show.

I'd be up for getting the Naruto game if you guys are giving it away, I suppose.

[quote name='Curufinwe']If Cheapy wants Wombat & Shipwreck to watch Drive, he should watch the Muppets with Tai.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I think myself, my cousin, and his wife are the only 3 people in the world who hated Drive.

[quote name='Tophat666']Yeah, come on. I want to be the "Winner" of Naruto. It looks really good.

Great show as usually, I'm with Wombat, no more techno Cheapy. It's not the music I want to hear at 4am on my way to work when I'm half asleep.

And as far as it goes for the Suda 51 stuff, Cheapy just because someones a dick to his employees doesn't mean people aren't going to stop buying his games(raises hand). I work in the food industry & bosses/chefs are nothing but dicks & most of work is done by cooks/prep, but the Chefs/Bosses are the ones who laid the ground work, recipes, & run the place. I might just be me, but I see no problem because Suda has put in his hard work just form Grasshopper in the first place, & he doesn't have time to do EVERYTHING in his games because he's making sure that everyone still god damn job.[/QUOTE]

This is the point I was attempting to get across in my post on last shows' comments. He's the CEO of the company, and he has a lot more to do than work on the games.

However, Cheapy's right; he's the one that has contacts working at Grasshopper, so we really do have to go by what they say about it. They will have the best take on it all, but considering he's the boss of the company, hating the boss sounds like a natural order of things. =P

Cheapy, I don't mean to come across as if I know it all about Suda, so it's my bad if I did! I do trust your contacts' judgments of Sudas' character; I was mostly commenting on your personal views of the games, as it has sounded, in the past, as if you wouldn't give the games much of a chance. They may not be your type of games, of course, which is understandable considering Grasshoppers' odd style.

And thank you, Wombat, for choosing my comment! It feels kind of weird to hear my name on the show, but it's a pretty cool feeling.

[quote name='killthemall4444']The everyone hates Suda 51 stuff is great. You should keep mining for more info, Cheapy.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually interested to hear more about it now, as well. I may respect Suda for the games his company has made, but it would be interesting to know more about the internal workings of the company.

EDIT: Just finished up the episode, and it's a great one, as always. I always like hearing discussions about the future of home consoles; I personally hope that there's never a streaming-only console. I've always loved collecting the physical copy of an item, and only having access to playable content through a server I don't control just makes me worry that I'll eventually lose the data, either through some kind of server crash or when the console inevitably gets phased out.

I wonder, though, since you all have an iPhone, do you know what kind of differences the app store for the iPhone has in comparison to an Andriod-based phones' app store? I'm looking to get a new phone soon, but I have no idea what the main differences are between them all.

Oh, and Cheapy, I think I'd love to have some Suda hotel soap. It'd go perfectly with the No More Heroes toilet paper from 2007. XD

bread's done
Back