Turtle Beach PX21 $32 Kmart Clearance YMMV

decent sound and mic quality but SO VERY FRAGILE. i had these for 2 months and the headband snapped. fixed it with duct tape and 1 week later, the mic breaks off. gave up and bought the X12's; havent looked back since.

Mine broke last night when I took them off my head. Do yourself a favor and go ahead and reinforce the area where they connect to the speakers now and save yourself the trouble of the swivel snapping at some point.

Wow are TB headsets really that cheap? I got a P11 for $30 at TRU in January. I use it pretty much daily and yeah the build quality is kinda sketch but it's still in one piece.

Still new to the headset world. I was thinking of getting one of these, but after the first two posters. I might just save that money towards the official sony 7.1 headset.

Surprised by the breakage talk.

I bought the DPX21 set about a month after Halo Reach and used them nearly every day for the next 8 months, for hours/use. No problems at all. Wonder if I got a good production run or if the later models went to crap.

Rarely use them now only because I broke free from Reach's MP. But still work like new

The PX21 is pretty close to the X12's. I think the best deal was buying the X12's at $30 and a cheap usb sound card for using the mic on the PS3.

Also the X12 ear pieces are bigger than the PX21. If you think you might need something bigger, go with the X12. It's much more comfortable than my PX21.

PX21's are universal meaning it works for the Xbox, PS3, PC and MAC. The X12's works for all but the PS3. The X12's has 50mm speakers. PX21's have 40mm speakers in each ear.

Something I noticed with the PX21's is that the older ones are light blue. I have the newer versions which are red now. Not sure if anything was done other then the change of color but I would hope they fixed a few things and not just changed the color.

[quote name='karyadi']I hate Target clearance/YMMV. I go the day something's posted as early as possible, no dice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't have much luck with Target clearance. Still though, it would be nice if I could find one of these PX21 at my local Kmarts, as my first headset.

Nothing in my local
tfghj
store.

I've had these for well over a year now and have had no issues. They have been tossed countless times...............and have held up well. There is a small rattle when you shake them, but they still work great. My friends and I all use PX21's and for $30 they are an unbeatable deal.

I've had mine since last summer, with the DSS processor too, and they (knock on wood) have held up fine. Love the headset. I also bought the P11's for my brother and his PS3, which also have great sound. I can definitely see where people call them flimsy though. The swivel portion is a bit unruly and could easily snap if you weren't careful.

FWIW, my clan mate who purchased the same set of headphones had his right speaker go bad, and he's ultimately switched to a set from Tritton. Then again, he has a tendency to break his controllers and rage. So I'm not sure if that's a reliable example. :D

tl;dr they're nice headphones but you have to treat them with kid gloves

bread's done
Back