NBA 2k12 XBOX/PS3 Game of the year Edition ( BB Exclusive) $39.99 FS

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

from gametrailers.com:

The NBA 2K12: Game of the Year Edition, which will be available exclusively at Best Buy beginning March 11, 2012 for $49.99, will include the “Legend’s Showcase” add-on content, and commemorative poster with Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.

For more info on what the Legend's Showcase is all about, let's turn things over to our sideline reporter Presley Release:

Legends Showcase enhances NBA 2K12 by allowing gamers to select from more than 300 of the NBA’s all-time greatest players, including Jordan, Bird, Johnson and Dr. J, and compete in authentic pick-up games from 1-on-1 up to 5-on-5. Legends Showcase also features mini-games, such as 21 and H-O-R-S-E, along with other new features like the 2-on-2 Teammate Challenge and 3-on-3 Era Challenge.

It's worth pointing out that 2K says the GOTY Edition will only be available "for a limited time", so keep you eye on the shot clock if you plan on picking this bad-boy up. Oh, and GO KNICKS…We FINALLY have a reason to cheer thanks to one of the game's biggest stories of the year. Ya know, the dude that even 2K has recognized as being worthy of a major stat boost in NBA 2K12 (but is it major enough…?). Check out the New York Knicks' Jeremy Lin lighting up LeBron in this vid to see what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chemosh013']Dang, I kind of want this to drop to $29.99 but I'm guessing that will only be right before 2k13 comes out![/QUOTE]
you wont have to wait that long. Should be that low or lower as the NBA season winds down in June

sounds like a decent deal, but i'm sticking with 2k11. in year 5 of my franchise, don't wanna restart at this point. maybe 2k13 if the myans were wrong lol

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I am not sure the dlc was worth the 400 msp I spent.[/QUOTE]

I thought the DLC was 800 points.. was it on sale recently?

[quote name='backseatdog']Can anyone tell me if this is worth the upgrade if I already own NBA 2K12 (in terms of money saved)? Thanks![/QUOTE]
From what I hear, no.

But I'm not a fan of 2k basketball anyway.

Unless you really want the poster, it seems like you could probably get NBA 2K12 + the Legends DLC separately for cheaper than this GOTY version.

NBA 2K11 is a better game, anyway.

Here is what I recommend...I purchased the game used at Best Buy with the 10 buck off a used game coupon and I am also unlocked..the total came to 23 dollars.

I bought the DLC..and totally hated it. It's stupid. I mainly play the game for the My Player mode and the Team up online mode so I can yell at the morons.

I would say buy the game with the coupon like I did...and if you love it. Buy the DLC..it'll only cost you 32.99 and no tax.

Plus if you hate NBA 2K12 after you buy it for 23...wait for a high trade in deal and go and get nearly all your money back at Best Buy.

[quote name='backseatdog']Can anyone tell me if this is worth the upgrade if I already own NBA 2K12 (in terms of money saved)? Thanks![/QUOTE]

You wouldn't save any money if you already own 2k12. The dlc retails for $10. I love the nba 2k series and buy the game every year but their first dlc release was terrible.

[quote name='Jdub_smooth']I bought the DLC..and totally hated it. It's stupid. I mainly play the game for the My Player mode and the Team up online mode so I can yell at the morons.[/QUOTE]I've not played this series in a long, long, time... but I'm real curious about the My Player mode... Is it really that good?

I got a 10 dollar off coupon because they closed one of my local Best Buy so maybe this is what I'll get after all...

bread's done
Back