Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCuzzx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was doing some trade-ins today and was informed that I should hold on in regards to purchasing any pre-owned games because the buy 2 get 1 free starts this Wednesday. Just a heads up for you guys and hope for more confirmation from more CAGs in the coming days.

EDIT: It is now up on the web site...so safe to say...CONFIRMED!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm torn-If it stacks with sale prices I'd be really happy...but then the backlog gets even bigger. And just when I'd whittled it down to only five games...

Well, in for MK, WC2 and I don't even know, if it works!

[quote name='BrolyB593']This would be pretty awesome were it true especially if it stacked with all of these sale prices of the Spring Sale![/QUOTE]

I think the Spring sale prices are on new games so it shouldn't stack, unless the adjust the prices on the used version too.. o.o

Looks like I'll be swinging by Gamestop on Wednesday instead. Thanks for the heads up

[quote name='BrolyB593']This would be pretty awesome were it true especially if it stacked with all of these sale prices of the Spring Sale![/QUOTE]
That's would be cool assuming they drop the used prices of those games that are on sale.

Damn, I bought a used game Tuesday, I guess I'll have to return it and hope I can get there to pick it up again Wednesday with a couple other things. I should be able to get a hold on it, but I swear my store is such a high traffic store there are new people working like every week because somebody gets "promoted" to a manager somewhere.

From what I've seen GS usually adjust used prices.
They did it for MW3 when it was put down as $39.99 new.

I like that about GS...how they tell us of upcoming sales/promos.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Damn, I bought a used game Tuesday, I guess I'll have to return it and hope I can get there to pick it up again Wednesday with a couple other things. I should be able to get a hold on it, but I swear my store is such a high traffic store there are new people working like every week because somebody gets "promoted" to a manager somewhere.[/QUOTE]

you can just hold onto it until the b2g1 starts and do a return/rebuy on the spot so you don't risk losing it to someone else

[quote name='akir']you can just hold onto it until the b2g1 starts and do a return/rebuy on the spot so you don't risk losing it to someone else[/QUOTE]

Isn't there a 7 day time period to return games? If he bought it on Tuesday and waited until Wednesday he wouldn't be able to. It might be 30, I might be mistaken, but I thought it was 30 days for accessories and 7 days for used games. I hardly buy off of GS anymore so I'm not sure.

The Spring sale is for new games. I hope but highly doubt they'll lower the prices on used games. I want to get rid of all this credit.

I'm actually getting excited to shop at Gamestop! I'm really certain they will adjust the used prices for the games depending on how much the new games are on sale for. That has always been my experience with GS. Unlike Bestbuy, where I see a new game for less and the pre-owned copy for more.

This sounds awesome but we need more concrete confirmation because we already know that the B2G1 for DS and PSP games is coming April 1st so I hope that they didn't get confused somehow.

I definitely have my eye on a few games because the last B2G1 had nothing I didn't already have while this one has a few games I wanted finally out there so I'd grab them.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Damn, I bought a used game Tuesday, I guess I'll have to return it and hope I can get there to pick it up again Wednesday with a couple other things. I should be able to get a hold on it, but I swear my store is such a high traffic store there are new people working like every week because somebody gets "promoted" to a manager somewhere.[/QUOTE]
Just return it and rebuy it now (or before your 7 days runs out) to extend the return period another 7 days. I've done it a few times with some items I had up for auction that didn't sell the first time and wanted to give it another shot. Luckily they sold, but I was covered to return them if they didn't.

Does the 20% coupon(steal of the week) stack with this b2g1 deal? There a copy of tales of graces f in my local gs which i would be able to get for around 40 after the 20 percent.

[quote name='darrenaw9']Does the 20% coupon(steal of the week) stack with this b2g1 deal? There a copy of tales of graces f in my local gs which i would be able to get for around 40 after the 20 percent.[/QUOTE]
Negative.

[quote name='rey6eric']The Spring sale is for new games. I hope but highly doubt they'll lower the prices on used games. I want to get rid of all this credit.[/QUOTE]

Last year they did their normal price with the used being cheaper than the new. I hope it works the same way this year.

[quote name='shoe478']Last year they did their normal price with the used being cheaper than the new. I hope it works the same way this year.[/QUOTE]

Thats not always the case though. There have been times when new games go on sale but the used prices remain the same. We'll just have to wait and see :)

Hmm..thinking of getting some preowned Vita games, but costs might total more than if I did the Amazon b2g1 deal.

I want to take advantage of this, but I'll probably get hot shots Sunday at gamestop then get uncharted golden abyss with left over best buy credit. Maybe I'll get ninja gaiden sigma plus down the road. Want to spend as little as possible out of pocket

[quote name='Kadamas']I'm torn-If it stacks with sale prices I'd be really happy...but then the backlog gets even bigger. And just when I'd whittled it down to only five games...
[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry I have to do this, #Firstworldproblems.

Every spring sale gamestop has had both the new and used prices discounted. In fact I don't recall gamestop ever having only new prices discounted in store. I'm guessing it's only online sometimes.

[quote name='seraph011']Hmm..thinking of getting some preowned Vita games, but costs might total more than if I did the Amazon b2g1 deal.[/QUOTE]
What am I missing here? How does this make sense if Amazon is selling the Vita games for MSRP and Gamestop sells them cheaper, if not by much? And if you have the discount card -10% and possibly have some points to use for x amount of money off an item. Unless you have credit to amazon which makes this whole comment pointless.

Has anyone else confirmed this? I've called 3 gamestops around me, talked to my manager friend at the nearest one, and none of them have heard of this. They only mentioned the DS/PSP B2G1

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']What am I missing here? How does this make sense if Amazon is selling the Vita games for MSRP and Gamestop sells them cheaper, if not by much? And if you have the discount card -10% and possibly have some points to use for x amount of money off an item. Unless you have credit to amazon which makes this whole comment pointless.[/QUOTE]

Simple. Not all the games Amazon is selling is priced at MSRP even if they are part of the b2g1. Not too hard to figure out.

[quote name='garrett007']Every spring sale gamestop has had both the new and used prices discounted. In fact I don't recall gamestop ever having only new prices discounted in store. I'm guessing it's only online sometimes.[/QUOTE]

IIRC when acr was on sale a couple months ago it was only new that dropped

[quote name='sninh']IIRC when acr was on sale a couple months ago it was only new that dropped[/QUOTE]

In store? Must have missed that one

Depends on the condition of the games- but right now it looks like MGS: HD Collection, Dark Souls, and NBA2K12 for $70 + tax. One store seems to have them all- so hopefully I'm not running all around town looking to exchange one or anything.

I asked my GameStop and they said they didn't know of any buy 2 get 1 coming this week besides the ds one.

[quote name='gabolous']I asked my GameStop and they said they didn't know of any buy 2 get 1 coming this week besides the ds one.[/QUOTE]
I trust peeps on CAG more than Gamestop employees. One time, employees at my local store didn't even know that a B2G1 sale was going on that same day.

[quote name='iduncurr']I'm just wondering why it starts on Wednesday out of all days?[/QUOTE]

GameStop's normal sales week runs Wednesday through Tuesday instead of Sunday through Saturday like most retailers...

[quote name='esalw822']GameStop's normal sales week runs Wednesday through Tuesday instead of Sunday through Saturday like most retailers...[/QUOTE]
But their Spring sale runes though 4/1-4/7
or is the spring sale an anomaly from GS's usual sale?

[quote name='iduncurr']But their Spring sale runes though 4/1-4/7
or is the spring sale an anomaly from GS's usual sale?[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Spring Sale is a special promotion. Their standard weekly sales/deals (which the B2G1 would fall under) runs Wed-Tues

Pretty sure this is legit. Had a Gamestop manager mention it to me and it's not like I brought it up.

Planning on canceling my Xenoblade Chronicles pre-order (lack of art book killed my dream) and picking up

:ps3:Heavy Rain $20
:ps3:Killzone 3 $25

Can't find a third game around that price. Resistance 3 pre-owned is an insane $35. I need a good DS rpg, so maybe I'll just see what they have.

Remember the last (troll) time this was going to happen? Don't get to excited guys because I would rather not hear you cry about it on Wednesday.

[quote name='maxiell']Pretty sure this is legit. Had a Gamestop manager mention it to me and it's not like I brought it up.

Planning on canceling my Xenoblade Chronicles pre-order (lack of art book killed my dream) and picking up

:ps3:Heavy Rain $20
:ps3:Killzone 3 $25

Can't find a third game around that price. Resistance 3 pre-owned is an insane $35. I need a good DS rpg, so maybe I'll just see what they have.[/QUOTE]
what happened to the xenoblade art book?

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']what happened to the xenoblade art book?[/QUOTE]

GS is no longer showing it on the website, so I'm guessing they have run out based on the number of preorders they have already taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back