The best Skylanders

I really am a dragon person, and the fact they almost all fly is an added bonus.

Magic - Spyro (I hate the whole group honestly)
Water - Zap (Slam Bam is fun)
Tech - Drobot (probably my overall fav)
Fire - Sunburn (was using Ignitor for a long time)
Life - Stealth Elf (have a feeling I'll switch to Camo)
Undead - Cynder (almost all are pretty fun)
Earth - Nobody IMO (Terrafin and Dino-Rang are usable)
Wind - Whirlwind (we'll see on Warnado)

Its a start, I still only have the 3 from starter pack. I actually just bought it like last week. I do like the fact that spyro can gain the ability to fly, I was actually thinking about going with all dragons and flyers as well. Im going this morning to toys r us to see what they got. As far as elves go they are pretty much awesome in everything so I might try him out too.

I bought 12 or so of the individual character packs but I ended up playing with Gill Grunt the most. He's a lot of fun once you get unlimited water.

I think my second most played was Flameslinger or maybe Prism Break.

I prefer to play ones that are "fun" over ones that are the "most powerful". Prism Break is fun, and one of my favorites, but only when playing with someone else. Lightning Rod is also very fun to play, slinging bolts Zeus-style never gets old, and when you power up his Lightning Attack you can stand back and kill things around the corner. Terrafin is also crazy fast with his powered up Land Shark ability, and I never get tired of him humming the Jaws theme while he does it. My preferences are:

Magic: Double Trouble or Voodood
Tech: Trigger Happy
Undead: Hex
Life: Stealth Elf (only one we have opened so far)
Fire: Ignitor
Water: Gil Grunt
Air: Lightning Rod
Earth: Prism Break

These are not the most powerful, but they work well with my son's favorite as they are typically good in support roles (he likes to charge in on his Legendary Chop Chop). The game isn't so hard that you have to maximize your output to succeed, so again I go for "fun to play".

That's the thing I really like about this game, they could have easily done them as model swaps that are largely similar, but there is some real variety in how they play and I don't just mean what gates they can open. Ideally, I would like Giants or the Threequel to include four player with use of a second portal (four won't fit on one), and introduce healing and buffing/debuffing type support characters as well as ramping up the enemy count and difficulty when you play with more than one person. I would also really dig a Vita version of Giants that was more similar to consoles rather than a platformer of the 3DS version (but would include "loading" of a few characters so you don't have to carry them with you on the go).

bread's done
Back