Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning $39.99 Amazon (GS pricematch)

I'd be all over this if it were $20 maybe even $30. Unfortunately I have a huge backlog and will wait for this one to drop. Looks like an amazing game though :) Thanks OP!

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']I'd be all over this if it were $20 maybe even $30. Unfortunately I have a huge backlog and will wait for this one to drop. Looks like an amazing game though :) Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

VERY fun game for the RPG fan :) Not so good for the backlog - If you're a completionist, it'll take well over 60-70 hours (I have heard over 100, but i'm not even half way through the game myself).

Damn, there are just too many fantastic games out already this year. Between Skyrim last year spilling over into 2012, this, Mass Effect 3, and The Witcher 2 upcoming, my backlog is NOT happy. It's almost like I should sell the entire backlog and concentrate on just these few games.

Hmm...

[quote name='Kylearan']Damn, there are just too many fantastic games out already this year. Between Skyrim last year spilling over into 2012, this, Mass Effect 3, and The Witcher 2 upcoming, my backlog is NOT happy. It's almost like I should sell the entire backlog and concentrate on just these few games.

Hmm...[/QUOTE]

I actually did that not to long ago. I had so many "newer" games in my backlog that I knew I wouldn't play anytime soon so I sold a bunch of them and will pick some up in the future with price drops. Figured I'd make more money selling them now than if I did a year from now. Damn you CAG and all your great deals!

[quote name='Kylearan']Damn, there are just too many fantastic games out already this year. Between Skyrim last year spilling over into 2012, this, Mass Effect 3, and The Witcher 2 upcoming, my backlog is NOT happy. It's almost like I should sell the entire backlog and concentrate on just these few games.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']I actually did that not to long ago. I had so many "newer" games in my backlog that I knew I wouldn't play anytime soon so I sold a bunch of them and will pick some up in the future with price drops. Figured I'd make more money selling them now than if I did a year from now. Damn you CAG and all your great deals![/QUOTE]

This is a really good idea. The CAG site is great and all, but you have to take into consideration how quickly you can play a game. If you have a large backlog, you'll save more money on the long run by just waiting for the next deal or a price drop.

I had no time to play KoA so never got it. I still have 3 games in my backlog so I'm still not getting it. With my backlog and new games I do plan to get on day one in the next few months, I figure I'm all set til mid- to late-summer.

damn i just bought this game off someone here
for $45!!!!!!
man, but to anyone that is interested in buying the game, the game will not disappoint it is very good
there are bunch side-quest which are very entertaining and the main quest..well really haven't done so many of them.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I actually did that not to long ago. I had so many "newer" games in my backlog that I knew I wouldn't play anytime soon so I sold a bunch of them and will pick some up in the future with price drops. Figured I'd make more money selling them now than if I did a year from now. Damn you CAG and all your great deals![/QUOTE]

Selling off my backlog was the best thing I ever did gaming related.

I swear I spent more time staring at my collection thinking of what to open next, then actually playing games. Now I keep a handful around and even those get cycled the minute I can get my money back or better.

Much better for me and my overall gaming enjoyment has been much higher because of it.

With that said, i am highly interested on this game....for $10 lol

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Demo was decent, but it felt like a $20 game at best. The gameplay of Dungeon Siege 3 even felt a little more polished.[/QUOTE]

Demo was a much earlier build than release, FYI.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Selling off my backlog was the best thing I ever did gaming related.

I swear I spent more time staring at my collection thinking of what to open next, then actually playing games. Now I keep a handful around and even those get cycled the minute I can get my money back or better.

Much better for me and my overall gaming enjoyment has been much higher because of it.

With that said, i am highly interested on this game....for $10 lol[/QUOTE]

Unless a game is ridiculous (Batman:AC for $10, FF XIII-2 for $15) then I agree as will likely not buy a game for $50-60 for the rest of this console cycle.

when will they release a complete edition for this game? DLCs are racking up with a price tag of $5-9/dlc.. im not sure if buying the game now is worth it.

I want this game but at the present moment the backlog says wait for the GOTY edition in a year. I made the same mistake with DA:O and FO:NV and I won't do the same here.

The game is 30-40 hours main story and over 100 altogether. In my opinion I wouldnt hold my breath for a GOTY due to the way theyre treating this production (online pass for content upfront to f GameStop) and the money Schilling has put into this. (also doesn't it have to be named GOTY).

[quote name='ijustw1n']The game is 30-40 hours main story and over 100 altogether. In my opinion I wouldnt hold my breath for a GOTY due to the way theyre treating this production (online pass for content upfront to f GameStop) and the money Schilling has put into this. (also doesn't it have to be named GOTY).[/QUOTE]

Definitely possible. Plus the game really has not sold that well...I think they may have just over a 1 million between all platforms. Not sure if that increases or decrease the chances. I would assume if there are a ton of copies still on shelves they won't do a "Complete, GOTY" edition.

I just completed the main story for this game and I loved every bit of it. Going back and doing all the side quests will probably keep me busy for a while.

[quote name='pippin']I just completed the main story for this game and I loved every bit of it. Going back and doing all the side quests will probably keep me busy for a while.[/QUOTE]

I actually did the game in reverse, which is probably why I lost interested and took about a month break from it. After the intro ended, I went on a side quest bonanza and just got bored. I'm not sure how many hours I've put into it, but I know I put quite a bit into it and there doesn't seem to be an end to the sidequests in sight. As of last night, I'm just going to focus on the main storyline so I can finish the game.

It's not a bad game by any means, you may just need to mix it up a bit. I also put a decent amount of time into blacksmithing, which can eat a big chunk of hours as well.

bread's done
Back