Amazon matches Catherine, now $29.99 shipped( other matches listed in OP)

JP73

CAGiversary!
I know many Gamestops are out of stock and/or are gutted. Amazon has them in stock at $29.99. My friend ordered one less than 3 weeks ago and even got the artbook and CD

PS3 http://www.amazon.com/Catherine-Playstation-3/dp/B004P7VGF2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333397541&sr=8-1

360 http://www.amazon.com/Catherine-Pla..._0?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1333398918&sr=1-1

Other games have also been matched and I will update the OP shortly when i get a more comprehensive list. I bid you toodles, for now

:360::ps3:Call od Duty: Modern Warfare 3 $34.99
:360::ps3:GTA 4 Complete $19.99
:360::ps3:Battlefield 3 $39.99
:360: Gears of War 3 $29.99
:360::ps3:Batman Arkham City $29.99
:360::ps3:NFS: The Run $19.99
:360::ps3:SSX $29.99
:360::ps3:Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $39.99
:360::ps3:LA Noire $19.99
:360::ps3:LA Noire Complete $29.99
:360:Lord of the Rings War In The North $19.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition $29.99( PS3 version OOS as of now)
:ps3: Borderlands GOTY $19.99

As of now, no match on Assassins Creed Revelations for 20 and the new Final Fantasy for 30. There may be more, so if I missed something you can look it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='redmangoose']Will this ever drop below 30 before going out of print? :[[/QUOTE]

As far as I understand, it is already out of production and whatever retailers have is the last of it. Amazon even lists it as "Discontinued By Manufacturer"

[quote name='MSUHitman']Does Amazon have the regular or edited cover art?[/QUOTE]

They have both. The regular cover is the one that is on sale, the edited one is 40+ I believe

Not surprised no PM on FF13-2 but wondering why none for ACR.

Also how many "versions" of Catherine are there (aside from 360/ps3)?

I had credit to use at Gamestop so I ended up getting standard Catherine there although I prefer Amazon. I wonder why the PS3 standard version has a trade-in value of 50 cents. That seems odd compared to the other platforms/versions listed.

[quote name='neonglow']Do these copies still have the soundtrack and art book?[/QUOTE]

That was only supposed to be a pre-order thing, but like i said, a friend of mine ordered one less than 3 weeks ago and got it. So it's not guarenteed, but it is possible you will get it

[quote name='JP73']They have both. The regular cover is the one that is on sale, the edited one is 40+ I believe[/QUOTE]

I just replaced my Catherine last week from Amazon (missed the sale, but used the $10 gift card :cry:), and I was sent the one with the edited cover, even though the regular one is the one showing. I did receive the art book and sound disc, though.

Darn it and I just went to gamestop to get the last copy of Catherine they had for the ps3 version. Oh well heres hoping for amazon pming White Knight Chronicles II.

[quote name='bellenoire2005']I just replaced my Catherine last week from Amazon (missed the sale, but used the $10 gift card :cry:), and I was sent the one with the edited cover, even though the regular one is the one showing. I did receive the art book and sound disc, though.[/QUOTE]

I got mine last week as well and even though I got the art book and soundtrack it did come with the edited cover, opposite of what is shown.

I've had the demo downloaded for some time now and, ironically enough, I decided to -after all this time- try it earlier today, and I ended up liking it, but didn't love the price on it. Hours later, I got the price drop I wanted. End result - in for a copy for the 360!

Thanks, OP.

Thanks OP. Wasn't expecting a PM on this since I checked last night and there were only 3 copies left through Amazon. Glad they were able to restock so quickly. =]

[quote name='xsdeal']Waiting for Amazon to PM Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition for $29.99.[/QUOTE]
Good luck with that. That deal is only for PUR members. So chances are they won't match it.

Too bad I don't have more Amazon credit or I'd grab a copy of Catherine from them again for PS3. But as it stands I have a GS gift card coming in from eRewards, so I'll just use that n $5 real cash to grab one there, assuming it comes in before the sale is done(which I doubt).

Do u guys think they will match the items that u need to have a gamestop rewards card with to get the deal at gamestop?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Good luck with that. That deal is only for PUR members. So chances are they won't match it.

Too bad I don't have more Amazon credit or I'd grab a copy of Catherine from them again for PS3. But as it stands I have a GS gift card coming in from eRewards, so I'll just use that n $5 real cash to grab one there, assuming it comes in before the sale is done(which I doubt).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Usually eRewards GCs take about a week to show up.

I'd been holding out on Catherine for awhile, couldn't hold out any longer with it supposedly going out of print. In for one on the PS3. Thanks OP!

It is hilarious how different I feel about Amazon this week versus last week.

Me 7 days ago: This B2G1 sale is teh wurst!!

Me today: Feck yeaaagh, Amazon matching BB and GS like a momphucker!

[quote name='blinknot4']It is hilarious how different I feel about Amazon this week versus last week.

Me 7 days ago: This B2G1 sale is teh wurst!!

Me today: Feck yeaaagh, Amazon matching BB and GS like a momphucker![/QUOTE]
But that's the thing, that's ALL they do anymore. They don't even have halfway decent sales of their own from what I've seen anymore. All they do is PM other stores/sites and their prices.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But that's the thing, that's ALL they do anymore. They don't even have halfway decent sales of their own from what I've seen anymore. All they do is PM other stores/sites and their prices.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Totally, I noticed this during Black Friday last year. They released their deal list last - which was essentially identi-cakes to BB, GS, etc.

I am an Amazon nerd (Prime, Rewards CC, etc) so this PMing is fine by me.

That's because Amazon is a boss, and they know it. So pming deals is all they have to do. Their ego needs to be crushed so then they will come up with deals of their own.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']How do you guys feel about la noire at $30?[/QUOTE]

I just got the Complete Edition for $20 at Target, it's on clearance. It's a great game though, was worth the $60 when I bought the original version. Even though I own the original, I figured it would cost me around $20-30 for all the DLC so I bought the Complete Edition.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I just got the Complete Edition for $20 at Target, it's on clearance. It's a great game though, was worth the $60 when I bought the original version. Even though I own the original, I figured it would cost me around $20-30 for all the DLC so I bought the Complete Edition.[/QUOTE]

I thought you can get the rockstar pass for LA Noire and get all the DLC for $12?

bread's done
Back