SDC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
It is my understanding there are currently three service levels of 3G:
$15/month for 250MB of data
$30/month for 3GB of data
$50/month for 5GB of data

However, I am wondering if there are any other fees associated with 3G useage. It is my understanding there is no activation fee and no deactivation fee, but several cellphone/tech savy people I know have mentioned that de-activating and then reactivating service may require an additional fee either in the form of a new SIM card or a straight reactivation fee.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I was very interested in the 3G Vita for the apparent ease and freedom of 3G useage, but if I am going to get slammed with a $30-or-more reactivation fee it will be far less appealing. I've already contacted Sony and they did not seem to understand the question, and it appears I can't get through to talk to AT&T unless I am already a customer. I would really appreciate any insight you guys have.

[quote name='SDC']It is my understanding there are currently three service levels of 3G:
$15/month for 250MB of data
$30/month for 3GB of data
$50/month for 5GB of data

However, I am wondering if there are any other fees associated with 3G useage. It is my understanding there is no activation fee and no deactivation fee, but several cellphone/tech savy people I know have mentioned that de-activating and then reactivating service may require an additional fee either in the form of a new SIM card or a straight reactivation fee.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I was very interested in the 3G Vita for the apparent ease and freedom of 3G useage, but if I am going to get slammed with a $30-or-more reactivation fee it will be far less appealing. I've already contacted Sony and they did not seem to understand the question, and it appears I can't get through to talk to AT&T unless I am already a customer. I would really appreciate any insight you guys have.[/QUOTE]

The data plans are not regular cell phone contracts... Your buying a set amount of data for a 30 day period. You pay for the data you want at the time you want it. When you've used it all up or the 30 days are over, it stops working. If you want more, you buy another plan and your device gets activated again. There are no cancellation or reinstatement fees, as you're not buying a contracted plan, you're just purchasing a set amount of data that expires within 30 days. If you want to discuss it with an AT&T rep, just find a store and ask them to explain the iPad data plan... This is the same plan.

bread's done
Back