How can I change the orb color on the PS3 motion controller?

Sinistar

CAGiversary!
I was wondering if anyone knows of any Move-compatible games or apps that have a test mode for the motion controller that allows you to change the color of the orb to whatever you want?

The reason I ask is that I'm doing a small project and I need to be able to change the orb to different colors on the fly. Also would prefer to do with 2 controllers but at least one will work. :)

Thanks

I don't think there's a game that allows you to manually change the orb color. I wish there was. I'm pretty sure it changes colors as Sports Champions is loading, though.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't think there's a game that allows you to manually change the orb color. I wish there was. I'm pretty sure it changes colors as Sports Champions is loading, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i tried a few PSN games last night and Tumble does the same thing when loadinf. I will have to dig up Sports Champions and try it.
I thought there might have been a party game where you can choose your color as well.

the color is changed automatically based on the color of the room that you're in. The PS3 picks a color that's easier to track against the background of the room that you're in.

[quote name='fuss']So if mine is always pink I have a girl room? Hmmm... lol oh well.[/QUOTE]

No, contrast, remember. Pink suggests you live in a dank, dark, dungeon and stands out well for the camera to track.

THanks for the reply all.
That API looks interesting.

Didn't know that about Aragon Quest, I haven't tried that game yet.

My buddy coincidentally showed me this video on youtube today, looks like it might do the trick as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Zztl49cPo

Looks like those guys that make the motionjoy drivers for the dual shock got the Move controller working in Windows. I will have to try that out, too.

Some games use the same color no matter what.

Sports Champions has been pink no matter what room I use it in(has been 3 different colored rooms)

Heavy Rain is always blue, unless you are performing an action and it turns red

[quote name='fuss']So if mine is always pink I have a girl room? Hmmm... lol oh well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='epobirs']No, contrast, remember. Pink suggests you live in a dank, dark, dungeon and stands out well for the camera to track.[/QUOTE]

well dark or light wouldn't matter. the bulb won't go dark pink if you're in a bright room.. but while I'm spitting nonsense out of my mouth pink bulbs could imply a blue room.. so congratulations Fuss.. you're a boy.

bread's done
Back