Best possible price on a PS2 slim?

HadesWTF

CAGiversary!
Ok. Back last gen I burned through 3 PS2 fat models and wound up getting a 360 before another. I have a big catalogue of PS2 games that I'd like to play again, but as everyone knows PS3 sucks at backwards comparability.

So I'm thinking it's finally time to buy another PS2. I really don't want to spend too much on this venture though as its not like I'll spend a whole lot of time with it. So I'm looking for cheap. From what I've observed Amazon sells them new for $99. Which sounds great but it's a little pricey for a 8-9 year old system. GameStop sells refurbished models for $39.99 which may be the way I go. eBay is retarded, people are sellin higher than GameStop and Amazon thinking people are stupid.

Anyways I was just wondering if anybody else knows of any other inexpensive options. Thanks guys.

I was in the same boat and went with Gamestop (I made the mistake of selling my old PS2 a few years ago). I also paid for their $5 one year warranty. Good thing I did, I didn't play the system at first (just turned it on to test it and try a game). Fast forward three months, I turn the system on and the controller keeps dying. Aside from that, the system seems to work fine, I tested a DVD in it, etc. Always loved the PS2, but I think hour-for-hour I put more time into my GameCube, which I still have a huge backlog for...

A couple months ago GameStop converted all their new PS2s to used and a bunch of us got sealed consoles for $39.99. There might be a few of those left depending on the GameStop. Otherwise, you might ask to check out their used systems as some of them might be the new systems that they converted to used. You might be able to tell if they didn't remove the protective plastic film from the console and/or if all the cables are still wrapped up neatly like they are in the factory box.

[quote name='blindinglights']A couple months ago GameStop converted all their new PS2s to used and a bunch of us got sealed consoles for $39.99. There might be a few of those left depending on the GameStop. Otherwise, you might ask to check out their used systems as some of them might be the new systems that they converted to used. You might be able to tell if they didn't remove the protective plastic film from the console and/or if all the cables are still wrapped up neatly like they are in the factory box.[/QUOTE]

Thats crazy. Probably what I'll do, thanks.

I still see them at target on clearance for 50 bucks. Thats were i got mine. Ive even seen the toystory bundled one for that price a few days ago.
Id try the game stop thing too. If you can find an employee who will let you see the insides first they are pretty easy to find.

bread's done
Back