EBgames now takes broken systems in trade

Pale-Dim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
EBgames started taking in broken systems Playstation 3's and Xbox 360's this last weekend. you get a lesser trade value but its an new way to dump off that busted old system that you were going to toss out your bedroom window. Still need to have the official Sony or MS controller and cables and needs to be in decent physical condition but does not need to actually work. Not sure on pricing, but something is better then nothing

*EDIT*
Let me clarify my post. They are taking non working xbox 360 and ps3 only. they call then "non functioning" systems and have a trade in value.

Last edited by a moderator:
gotta bring in the controller too? Forget that then. A new controller costs more than one would receive for a console trade-in.

I have a DS Lite that my sister destroyed to the point where it won't turn on, the hinges are broken so the top screen won't even stay up unless you support it, etc....would they actually take something like that? I would be so embarrassed if I take that piece of crap to the store and they don't take it. :rofl: Guess that's not in any sort of "good physical condition". I should just throw that thing out. xD

I had mentioned a red ringed xbox to the guy at EB games here last week and he said, "we can't take that" Perhaps it is just certain stores?

[quote name='TronB']I have a DS Lite that my sister destroyed to the point where it won't turn on, the hinges are broken so the top screen won't even stay up unless you support it, etc....would they actually take something like that? I would be so embarrassed if I take that piece of crap to the store and they don't take it. :rofl: Guess that's not in any sort of "good physical condition". I should just throw that thing out. xD
[/QUOTE]

You could always look into replacing the shell. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlTvhJPYf3Q

They're pretty cheap on Deal Extreme, bit of a pain to install though.

[quote name='Korahn']I had mentioned a red ringed xbox to the guy at EB games here last week and he said, "we can't take that" Perhaps it is just certain stores?[/QUOTE]

Many places wont accept fat xboxes, red ringed or not, just because of the high failure rate that is seemingly inherent in the older systems... I do know that some employees at some stores are more strict than others though. As an example, I went to take a fat xbox 360 in to GS when you could get the $140 in stacked GS credit. I first went to the one near my house and the guy that works there (who is kind of a dick) refused it because he said it had been opened even though he removed the faceplate and saw the warranty sticker sitting there staring him in the face... Therefore I said fuc# him and went over to the other GS in the mall that is a little farther away and they accepted it no problem.

The guy at the first store was a jerk-off and probably just didnt want to have to give me $140 for a fat xbox 360 system. It is nice to have multiple locations for the same business in the town you live in. Some employees are just ass-hats who dont know wtf they are doing...or are just dicks who dont want to see someone else get an absurdly great deal.

I loved the excuses the ass-hat at the first GS gave me - like he said that the warranty sticker was in the wrong spot (even though it wasnt and they are only ever in 1 spot under the faceplate that I have seen), or that since the gray plastic vent on the bottom of the xbox 360 came off a little too easy when he pulled it off that it must have been opened before and tampered with, or that since there were a few scuffs on the back of the console it must have been opened and fixed prior (even though to me it looked brand new in the back except for the sticker with the serial number on it was a little scratched...but the unit was a non-HDMI unit from 2005 that I bought when the xbox was first launched so you can expect that as normal wear and tear), etc. Just total bullsh!t as I bought it new and had amazingly never had a problem with it. I almost didnt want to get rid of it because it worked so well - but I have a slim, and $140 was a great motivator...heh.

[quote name='dancrane212']You could always look into replacing the shell.
They're pretty cheap on Deal Extreme, bit of a pain to install though.[/QUOTE]
I was looking into that a couple of years ago in order to replace my DSL's hinge, but it was too complicated for me. I called Nintendo and they said my system was out of warranty since I had the thing for almost four years back then. I think the regular price is around $65 for repairs, but I told the person on the phone that I saw the materials online were like $10. The person that was fine, I could either ship my system out to them or drop it off at their repair center. Since I was going out to that area anyways, I brought it in and basically paid $10 + tax for a replacement. Ever since then, I've had a lot of respect for Nintendo. But then again, DSL is also my first Nintendo system that ever had any problems. I remember I threw my GB against the wall when I was a kid and it survived without a scratch. My DSL even had one of those plastic shell cases before it cracked.

[quote name='dancrane212']You could always look into replacing the shell.

They're pretty cheap on Deal Extreme, bit of a pain to install though.[/QUOTE]

There's no way I could ever pull something like that off. :lol: The DSL I was mentioned before (the one my sister broke) doesn't even turn on, and from what I remember the touchscreen and control pad didn't work properly either...so changing the shell wouldn't benefit me at all since the whole handheld is just dead. I seriously don't even know what kinds of things she put that system through for it to be so messed up.

[quote name='Pale-Dim']edited the first post to clarify that its for broken 360/ps3 only[/QUOTE]

*puts busted colecovision back in closet*

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Many places wont accept fat xboxes, red ringed or not, just because of the high failure rate that is seemingly inherent in the older systems... I do know that some employees at some stores are more strict than others though. As an example, I went to take a fat xbox 360 in to GS when you could get the $140 in stacked GS credit. I first went to the one near my house and the guy that works there (who is kind of a dick) refused it because he said it had been opened even though he removed the faceplate and saw the warranty sticker sitting there staring him in the face... Therefore I said fuc# him and went over to the other GS in the mall that is a little farther away and they accepted it no problem.

The guy at the first store was a jerk-off and probably just didnt want to have to give me $140 for a fat xbox 360 system. It is nice to have multiple locations for the same business in the town you live in. Some employees are just ass-hats who dont know wtf they are doing...or are just dicks who dont want to see someone else get an absurdly great deal.

I loved the excuses the ass-hat at the first GS gave me - like he said that the warranty sticker was in the wrong spot (even though it wasnt and they are only ever in 1 spot under the faceplate that I have seen), or that since the gray plastic vent on the bottom of the xbox 360 came off a little too easy when he pulled it off that it must have been opened before and tampered with, or that since there were a few scuffs on the back of the console it must have been opened and fixed prior (even though to me it looked brand new in the back except for the sticker with the serial number on it was a little scratched...but the unit was a non-HDMI unit from 2005 that I bought when the xbox was first launched so you can expect that as normal wear and tear), etc. Just total bullsh!t as I bought it new and had amazingly never had a problem with it. I almost didnt want to get rid of it because it worked so well - but I have a slim, and $140 was a great motivator...heh.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I have a couple of broken fat xboxes that I would like to get rid of but how did you manage to get $140 for yours?

[quote name='Pale-Dim']edited the first post to clarify that its for broken 360/ps3 only[/QUOTE]

Ahh. That's pretty important information. :cool:

Okay, so how much did you get for your broken 360? Why did you start a thread and not give us any concrete numbers? :p
[quote name='Pale-Dim']They are taking non working xbox 360 and ps3 only. they call then "non functioning" systems and have a trade in value. The receipt that shows my traded in one has a name of "xb360 trade (NF)"[/QUOTE]

I'd love to get $50 for my broken phat PS3, but then I'd lose a sixaxis in the process. Guess I would then use the money to buy a new DS3?

you should put its only SONY Brand controllers Only No 3rd party controllers or wireless controllers or evening gamestop controllers

[quote name='starmask2k3']you should put its only SONY Brand controllers Only No 3rd party controllers or wireless controllers or evening gamestop controllers[/QUOTE]

Fixed!

bread's done
Back