Shining Force GBA - $14.98 shipped free - Amazon.com

Wet Ninja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
TRU has Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon for the GBA for $14.98 + free shipping on Amazon.com.

Cheap ass link

It was at $20 for a couple weeks, then it went up to $30 yesterday or the day before. It just dropped overnight. Thanks to the CAG-O-Matic.

Edit: 75.7% average Game Rankings score. It's a remake of the original Genesis Shining Force, for which three out of the four reviews on Game Rankings are at or above 95%

From the GameSpot review:
[quote name='Frank Provo, GameSpot']...with just a handful of upgrades, Sega and Atlus have taken one of the best strategy role-playing games on the Sega Genesis and have made it into one of the best strategy RPGs on the Game Boy Advance. Those of you who have played Nintendo's Fire Emblem to death will want to check out Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon.[/quote]

i got this game last year used for 24 bucks and dumped it . before the price crash. Great fun game but SHORT. I got it to keep it sealed for 15 bucks you cant pass it up for a great game

Linky no worky:

We're sorry!

An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're already working on the problem and expect to resolve it shortly. If you were trying to make a purchase, please check Your Account to confirm that the order was placed.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

on the Amazon.com home page

Thanks OP. Use the one on the front page. Its a direct link. The one in this topic has problems. I also ran into problems with it. ;)

-Morpheus

Damn. After wanting this game for such a long time I finally found a used complete copy last week for $22.99 and bought it. Now I see I could have gotten a new copy for $8 cheaper this kind of stuff always happens to me.

tahnk you so much! I was close to getting a used copy at EB but this is just great. I can never pass up an Atlus RPG.

Can someone who played this and Fire Emblem give a compare and contrast kind of review? I've always been intersted in this, but I'd like to know how they compare before purchasing.

[quote name='nachzeher']Can someone who played this and Fire Emblem give a compare and contrast kind of review? I've always been intersted in this, but I'd like to know how they compare before purchasing.[/QUOTE]

Well it is similar to the super famicom FE. If you played Final Fantays Tactics that's probably a closer game to comapre to. AT $15, I don't think you go wrong.

[quote name='shrike4242']Works for me now.[/QUOTE]
It must have been a temporary outage at Amazon.com. They were happening a lot a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen them lately.

[quote name='cag1000']whats the gamerankings rank can't access it now?[/quote]
75.7%

Added to original post. Thanks for reminding me.

[quote name='nikkai']Dang.

Amazon storing the credit card made my purchase way too easy. =P[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was shocked to find that out. I wish they wouldn't do that.

What a random price drop. Not that I'm complaining, I picked up two to keep one sealed, it's just strange to see it.

I wonder if it will go back up.

I've been waiting for this to drop... This is one of the best games ever made, I'm lucky enough to have a complete copy of the Genesis version. They need to remake Shining Force 2 and Shining Force CD... And Shining Force III.

with the new add ons in this version, it's just as good as the original for genesis- spent a couple months looking for this, my eb b&m got 1 in stock from the warehouse new, and held it for me :) at either price, it's worth it.

[quote name='dafoomie']I've been waiting for this to drop... This is one of the best games ever made, I'm lucky enough to have a complete copy of the Genesis version. They need to remake Shining Force 2 and Shining Force CD... And Shining Force III.[/QUOTE]

wasnt there talk that they were going to bring all 3 parts of Shining force 3 over here on either the XBOX Or PS2?

Great price on one of the earliest Tactical RPGs remade for GBA.

I'm in for one even though I don't have a lot of cash - can't turn down a NEW and complete copy of this for cheap. :D

[quote name='dafoomie']I've been waiting for this to drop... This is one of the best games ever made, I'm lucky enough to have a complete copy of the Genesis version. They need to remake Shining Force 2 and Shining Force CD... And Shining Force III.[/QUOTE]

I was waiting for you to post here...I know how big a fan of Shining Force you are.

I missed out on the Shining Force games when they were out, so this will be a good introduction to the series for me. I wish I had bought more RPGs like Shining Force III and fewer crappy fighting games (Dark Legend, Street Fighter: The Movie) for my Saturn back in the day. It would be nice if Sega would re-release all three scenarios of Shining Force 3, and the rest of the Shining Force games, for that matter. Maybe if Shining Force Neo generates enough interest they will.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']I was waiting for you to post here...I know how big a fan of Shining Force you are.

I missed out on the Shining Force games when they were out, so this will be a good introduction to the series for me. I wish I had bought more RPGs like Shining Force III and fewer crappy fighting games (Dark Legend, Street Fighter: The Movie) for my Saturn back in the day. It would be nice if Sega would re-release all three scenarios of Shining Force 3, and the rest of the Shining Force games, for that matter. Maybe if Shining Force Neo generates enough interest they will.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe they haven't re-released a re-make or compilation of all 4 parts of Shining Force 3, translated. I mean, geez, it takes in like $50-$100+ complete on ebay.

[quote name='nachzeher']Can someone who played this and Fire Emblem give a compare and contrast kind of review? I've always been intersted in this, but I'd like to know how they compare before purchasing.[/QUOTE]

Its exactly like Fire Emblem. The only thing that's different is that you get to explore around town. The battle system is the same too. Great game if you like Fire Emblem you should pick this game up too.

[quote name='blueweltall']Its exactly like Fire Emblem. The only thing that's different is that you get to explore around town. The battle system is the same too. Great game if you like Fire Emblem you should pick this game up too.[/QUOTE]

Except when your characters die in SF, they are not gone for the rest of the game. That was the one thing that I really didnt like in FE.

You can find Shining Force (direct port) on the dreamcast smashpack-only reason i bough it (used to have the genesis version, somone stole it). They should redo the gamegear parts as well, i have the first part (sword of something), but lack parts 2,3- as well as i need the sega cd 2 and 3, have none of the saturn-and hunted down the gba. i had read something in one of the game mags that the idea was being thrown around to revive the series (mentioned with shining tears someware a while back). also, check out shining in the darkness, genesis- it's shining force 1.5

thanks so much, Ive been waiting for price to drop on this game forever.

Shining Force was probably one of the best series on Sega Genesis besides Phantasy Star series,

can't wait to start playing this again

[quote name='slidecage']i got this game last year used for 24 bucks and dumped it . before the price crash. Great fun game but SHORT. I got it to keep it sealed for 15 bucks you cant pass it up for a great game[/QUOTE]

Not sure what slidecage is talking about (nothing new there), but it took me a good 30, 35 hours to beat this game. I didn't time it or anything, but it's at least average length for an old-school tactical RPG.

[quote name='Shadows916']You can find Shining Force (direct port) on the dreamcast smashpack-only reason i bough it (used to have the genesis version, somone stole it). They should redo the gamegear parts as well, i have the first part (sword of something), but lack parts 2,3- as well as i need the sega cd 2 and 3, have none of the saturn-and hunted down the gba. i had read something in one of the game mags that the idea was being thrown around to revive the series (mentioned with shining tears someware a while back). also, check out shining in the darkness, genesis- it's shining force 1.5[/QUOTE]

Shining Force is also on the Sega Smash Pack 2 for PC. You can get both Smash Packs in a jewel case on PC for about $10 at Target and other stores. It also has Comix Zone, Kid Chameleon, Phantasy Star 2, and both Vectorman games.

I gotta disagree about Shining in the Darkness, though. It's a first-person dungeon crawler -- NOTHING like Shining Force.

Shining Tears blows in my opinion, by the way. It's more like a console Shining Soul, which was closer to Diablo-style gameplay.

I played a couple levels before I put it down. It didn't interest me too much. But since now it's only $15, I can use this to hold me over until Fire Emblem comes out next month.

doesn't matter what you think about shining in the darkness, it takes place bewtween shining force 1 and 2- picked it up from ebay, havnt played it yet. shining tears is supposed to be the new installment in the shining series-the headline for it when i saw the first review was "Sega resurrects a classic series just to bury it". i'll pick it up on a price drop just because it is apart of shining force. I'v seen the pc smachpack at TRU for 4.99-just can't do computer games though-snagged the DC smashpack off ebay for .99 cents sealed

I would avoid the Dreamcast verison since the genesis emulator that the Dreamcast uses is not that good and have some sound problem

Actually Darkness is before Force. Another game in the series you should check out is the sequal to Darkness. Shining the Holy Ark, which is developed by Camelot (Golden Sun, Mario Golf/ Tennis) and is a very good turn base RPG. Camelot actually worked on all the Shining games until Shining Force III Scenario 3, during the production they had an argument and stop working on the Shining series.

For the complete history: http://www.sega-16.com/Feature- Shining History.htm

Alright, I picked this up since I liked Fire Emblem. I never did like the character permanent death in the FE GBA game. Was FE always like this?

[quote name='blueweltall']Its exactly like Fire Emblem. The only thing that's different is that you get to explore around town. The battle system is the same too. Great game if you like Fire Emblem you should pick this game up too.[/QUOTE]

I had an opportunity to try it this afternoon, I liked what I played. So I caved and bought it. :D

[quote name='rodeojones903']Except when your characters die in SF, they are not gone for the rest of the game. That was the one thing that I really didnt like in FE.[/QUOTE]

I actually like that aspect of FE, makes you really really think about where to move. Anyhoo, Fire Emblem is coming out May 23rd. This'll tide me over til then, I've been starving for a good GBA RPG.

[quote name='Shadows916']doesn't matter what you think about shining in the darkness [/QUOTE]

It matters to me.

[quote name='Shadows916']
havnt played it yet. shining tears is supposed to be the new installment in the shining series-the headline for it when i saw the first review was "Sega resurrects a classic series just to bury it". i'll pick it up on a price drop just because it is apart of shining force. [/QUOTE]

I reviewed it here: http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/features/51067/Shining_Tears_Review.html and said, "Avoid it like a proposition from a girl walking out of the VD clinic. "

Thanks. I've been dying to get this game, but couldn't find it at B&M and didn't want to pay shipping.

I'm a big fan of the series and was itching to try the remake. Glad I managed to snag it at this price. :)

Agreed. SF was one of my favorite games when I was a wee lad.

[quote name='nachzeher']Just got it in today, the bastards didn't ship it in a box, so the box is somewhat smooshed. Crap.[/QUOTE]

Same here the box is all dinged up... I hate amazon now...

Ack, don't make me fear going to the mailbox tomorrow.

They should say if free shipping = shit shipping or not.

Ah crap, I ordered another GBA game with Shining Force (Double Dragon) hopefully it comes ok and just a little dented at the worst. I also just noticed that Amazon charged me for the shipping. :cry:

How odd. Mine was swrinkwrapped to a piece of cardboard and shipped in a box by itself. Very nicely packaged, the game box is in perfect condition.

Anyhow, my thanks to the OP for the deal. :)

bread's done
Back