GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Dang.. good deal on DW: G3. I totally forgot about Gamefly and I bought it for like $20 more at GS a few months ago :(

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']i feel like RF:A has been featured in the last half dozen of their sales. nobody biting?[/QUOTE]

Must not be, it wasn't a very good game from everything I read. I'm sure best buy will have it for $5 down the road sometime.

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']i feel like RF:A has been featured in the last half dozen of their sales. nobody biting?[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about picking it up for the PS3 purely for trophy reasons. I played through it on the 360 and, while it was not a bad game, those expecting a repeat of Guerrilla were seriously disappointed.

However, it is a good buy at $8 if you are looking for a solid third person shooter with some fun weapons

I ended up buying it last week when Newegg had it for $10 and the dlc was DOTW.

Pretty sure all of today's games are repeat sales. Guess they're finally out of Homefront though!

[quote name='Shimrra']Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 is temping but I can wait for it to hit $10.[/QUOTE]

The other Dynasty Warriors Gundams aren't even that cheap. These things almost never drop. I'm just biting now on it.

[quote name='crazydom2']The other Dynasty Warriors Gundams aren't even that cheap. These things almost never drop. I'm just biting now on it.[/QUOTE]

This. I know DW games aren't for everyone, but these games ironically don't go on sale too often. Good price.

RF:A is completely worth it for $8. I bit at $30 and I really enjoyed it. The co-op horde mode is kinda fun. Campaign actually has CHEAT CODES (!) you can buy (with in-game currency), after beating the game, too. How many games have actual cheat codes now-a-days? Much less, that AREN'T milked as DLC?

[quote name='barrit']Dang.. good deal on DW: G3. I totally forgot about Gamefly and I bought it for like $20 more at GS a few months ago :([/QUOTE]

Is it pretty good? (for reference: I like the Sengoku Basara game) I kind of want this.

These DW:G games seem to sometimes be hard to find...

I'd grab DW gundam 3 right now if I were you guys, I remember GF having it on sale 1 or 2 times after that they didn't get anymore!

I'm gonna grab this anyway since I'm a DW fan, I actually haven't played any DW gundam, only a demo of it

[quote name='blinknot4']Is it pretty good? (for reference: I like the Sengoku Basara game) I kind of want this.

These DW:G games seem to sometimes be hard to find...[/QUOTE]

I don't know, it's still on my shelf lol, which is a big reason why I'm kicking myself. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have as many nice combos as SB though. In my opinion SB pushed the genre to a new level. I loved the variety of moves and combos. I played the hell outta that game!

I picked it up for $14.99 awhile back... I wish I didnt :cry:

Man that's a good deal on DW:G really tempted even though I picked up a few games from best buy the other day. Curse you gamefly :/

[quote name='barrit']I don't know, it's still on my shelf lol, which is a big reason why I'm kicking myself. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have as many nice combos as SB though. In my opinion SB pushed the genre to a new level. I loved the variety of moves and combos. I played the hell outta that game![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. SB is quite fun indeed.

I am still on the fence for DW:G...

[quote name='blinknot4']Is it pretty good? (for reference: I like the Sengoku Basara game) I kind of want this.

well one thing you can bet on is there will probably be another DW Gundam that is probably a little bit better than the previous one

[quote name='TeamSwish']Hoping to see Catherine pop up. Still kicking myself from the last GameFly deal.[/QUOTE]

That $9.99 price right? That'd be amazing!

I might snag red faction to keep as a filler title for the backlog. Having a mindless shooter around just for some fun might not be a bad idea. I snagged a few guides for the game when gs pennied them so if I get sick of it and I just want to finnish it quick I could use one of those.

HOOORRAY for CAG and CheapyD! Satisfied my need for a Gundam game! The xbox achievements aren't that hard for the last ones.. just takes a very long time.

So I was looking through the store and I saw more "deals" than posted. (all PS3 didnt check Xbox but I would assume prices were similar)
Deus Ex 14.99
Infamous 2 17.99
Resistence 3 19.99
X-men Origins 14.99
Dungeon Siege 14.99
Fear 3 12.99

maybe they are just regular price I do not know still pretty cheap

You wont need those guides for Red Faction, but it is actually a lot of fun. Destroying everything and then rebuilding it never got old. Must buy if you liked the first, although Guerilla was better. Good deal!

Its got a lot of mobile suits, good customization and is pretty fun, but the map layouts are very boring.

I got it a couple of weeks ago from gamefly with a coupon I had, and my disc was chipped like others have mentioned.

what is gundam like? more than i like to pay for games I know nothing about, though it trades for over $20 to best buy during promo time.

Just Dropping in to say I've never seen a DWG game drop this low. You will have fun for a decent amount of time. Of course eventually you will get very bored.

DW:G3 is a good game if you enjoy Gundam. I personally am not that big on DW in general, but gave it a shot with DW:G2 and loved it. DW:G3 improves on part 2 in almost every way, albeit making it a bit easier (in a good way though).

[quote name='9Tale']Just Dropping in to say I've never seen a DWG game drop this low. You will have fun for a decent amount of time. Of course eventually you will get very bored.[/QUOTE]

+1. I agree completely. If you are going for plat/1000g, you will get bored cause you will end up replaying a ton of missions. To avoid being bored, try not to play it straight out to get plat/1000g. Also use different characters/suits/set ups to switch things up a bit when it starts to get boring.

I was intrigued by DW:G, and based on the feedback in this forum I bit. If nothing else I can give it to my brother as a Birthday gift. Now hoping for Catherine.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']I was intrigued by DW:G, and based on the feedback in this forum I bit. If nothing else I can give it to my brother as a Birthday gift. Now hoping for Catherine.[/QUOTE]Same here. I can always sell it for a profit if I end up not liking it. Its unusually-high pricing would work in my favor. ;)

If you're on the fence about RF:A, I have two words for you: MAGNET GUN. That thing is worth the $8 alone. It's hilarious and awesome.

bread's done
Back