Street Fighter X Tekken $39.96 Wal-Mart B&M (YMMV depending on price changes)

Monsta Mack

CAGiversary!
Just marked down Street Fighter X Tekken for $39.96. The price change was downloaded to our Telexons today, so will be YMMV on the Department Manager's side if they did the changes or not.

My store doesn't carry the LE so don't know if that dropped.

This could be a future universal drop, but I checked Amazon and our own website and it hasn't dropped yet.

Edit: If anyone gives you a hard time with the price, just let them know It's in their department 5 price changes. It's a rollback so it may or may not be a permanent price drop. Amazon and Gamestop have yet to take action on 4/4 6:30 Eastern.

MSUHitman - FYI a patch is coming out next week that will fix the online sound issues:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...H5Wm5mEZMThuPQ

Last edited by a moderator:
At $40, I may even have no problem paying for the DLC. Just not going to pay the full $60 knowing that there will be a $20 character pack after the Vita version is released.

Walmart uses the most archaic system if they have to manually change the prices. Buncha crocka shit, is what that is.

Can second this. Subbed in for a DM and a couple others dropped to $40 too. Only other one I can remember though is The Darkness 2.

Is this a permanent price drop?

I know you said YMMV but it was dependent on the DM (deathmatch? lol) changing prices. I.e will they change storewide eventually or is it solely a store by store basis?

Waiting for this to hit the 15-20 range so it makes the DLC more affordable. I don't mind dropping $20 on the DLC if the total game ends up being about $40.

[quote name='astr0boy']Is this a permanent price drop?

I know you said YMMV but it was dependent on the DM (deathmatch? lol) changing prices. I.e will they change storewide eventually or is it solely a store by store basis?[/QUOTE]

Those prices are permanent, but the department manager may be a lazy ass and not do them, as is the case with my department manager.

Just did some research into the DLC characters and Blanka is a DLC character. WTF BLANKA?! The same lovable green guy since SFII is a DLC toon now.

Damn it crapcom

I dread the day I see Ken is offered as a DLC character...

makes sense. people were filing reports with the BBB against them so they got hit with a ton of negative press, even after they "addressed" the issue.

[quote name='JoshTX']Quick drop for this game. Maybe the DLC drama did cost them a chunk of expected sales...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gosha']Waiting for this to hit the 15-20 range so it makes the DLC more affordable. I don't mind dropping $20 on the DLC if the total game ends up being about $40.[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly

With the way Capcom has been handling games/dlc, I'd wait for a the complete/arcade edition. This game was decent when I rented it from Redbox a while ago.

Do not buy this game. A huge chunk of the game is locked away, and the netcode is broken. Seriously go buy MK:Komplete, UmVC3 or KoF13.

[quote name='klimb22']So this price drop should pretty much be universal if/when the manager makes the adjustment in the system.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Should be done by late today for sure, otherwise someone is in trouble.

[quote name='DR2K']Do not buy this game. A huge chunk of the game is locked away, and the netcode is broken. Seriously go buy MK:Komplete, UmVC3 or KoF13.[/QUOTE]

I feel the game is fine outside of sound issues online and that's getting patch on the 10th. I only agree with the game having DLC locked. That's why I bought the game used so Capcom doesn't get a cent from me. But this is still a deal per say since the game is $60 MSRP at most places, and people have Wal-Mart giftcards amongst other things like not having to drive very far to reach any Wal-Mart.

Guys, the netcode is way better than SSF, KOF, and pretty much everything else besides HDR and Marvel 2. It needs tweaking for sure but it doesn't cripple you with insane input lag like most other online fighters.

Do you know how long this sale lasts? I dont get paid for another week and a half and bills are due this upcoming week. I hate being cheap.

I'll wait 6 months and if they don't release a better version then get it. I had a special edition of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 which meant dick after the ultimate version came out 6 MONTHS LATER.
Capcom has good IP's but they abuse the fan love worse than any other company.
Hate the Ultimate MvC3 thing...but i'll still buy it eventually.

[quote name='PGX HAWK']Do you know how long this sale lasts? I dont get paid for another week and a half and bills are due this upcoming week. I hate being cheap.[/QUOTE]

It's a rollback and can go back up after awhile.
My guess is Wal-Mart rolls out the $40 tag first, then it becomes a permanent drop in 2 months or less.

I don't agree with the locked dlc either. Anyone know the reason besides their greedy? Uncharted and batman trade ins paid for mine so I don't feel bad about the drop in price but it sucks that gamestop doesn't price match.

Can you play co-op online against the CPU in this?

Probably going to grab a copy. It's between this or MK Komplete.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'll wait for Ultimate Super Street Fighter X Tekken Turbo Arcade Edition 2014. Used, of course.[/QUOTE]

Their contract with Namco only allows them for one version of the game and this is why they have a ton of DLC locked up on the disc to be released at the end of the year.

[quote name='yesidoknow']I don't agree with the locked dlc either. Anyone know the reason besides their greedy?[/QUOTE]

Capcom is giving players 38+ characters upfront. That's about twice as many as were offered in the initial version of SF4 for the same cost. Perhaps Capcom felt they were already giving players a lot of content for their $60. The locked DLC was probably to avoid the whole problem they ran into with UMvC3 where players had to buy a new disc to get access to new content. Granted this approach managed to blow up in their face all the same.

[quote name='Araxen']Their contract with Namco only allows them for one version of the game and this is why they have a ton of DLC locked up on the disc to be released at the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

That and Sony paid for exclusive, free characters for the Vita version.

[quote name='klimb22']Still rings up for $59.96 at all the stores around me.[/QUOTE]

me too :(

is there some kind of secret password or what?

Not gonna buy this or any other Capcom game or "DLC" new, will buy either used or trade via GameTZ. Capcom deserves not a single cent of my money.

anyone know if sf4 arcade edition is even the last version of that game they are going to release? I'll wait until the arcade version of this is around 10-20. it's just not worth buying multiple discs and dealing with DLC.

[quote name='Rango']me too :(

is there some kind of secret password or what?[/QUOTE]

Did you talk to a manager? It's in the price changes for department 5 rollbacks. It's obvious they didn't do their price change or changed the price tag.

[quote name='tcleary']anyone know if sf4 arcade edition is even the last version of that game they are going to release?[/QUOTE]Most likely. SF4 is pretty much in "maintenance mode" at this point, where it appears that no one is actively developing new content for the game. They will issue an balance patch every once in a while. The team that developed SF4 has since moved on to SFxT (and are rumored to now be busy with a new Darkstalkers game).

This should be moved or closed for the following two reasons:

1. Very Extreme YMMV
2. People are bitching and whining about CashCom and its DLC/Locked Disc/non-DLC updated game practices. Myself included.

[quote name='vlv723']This should be moved or closed for the following two reasons:

1. Very Extreme YMMV
2. People are bitching and whining about CashCom and its DLC/Locked Disc/non-DLC updated game practices. Myself included.[/QUOTE]

It's not extreme YMMV. I did the price change myself, It's dept managers that aren't doing their DAMN JOB. *sigh*

It's not a clearance markdown, It's not regional, It's nationwide.

bread's done
Back