Rogers Plus closures....May 25th $1.00 pv dvds/blurays at most locations.

dvdswapper

CAGiversary!
This is from another forum. Many thanks to xxkittenxx (rfd)for informing us on the closure situation.

ALL ROGERSPLUS LOCATIONS(that rent movies/games) ARE LIQUIDATING THEIR RENTAL STOCK.NEW MOVIES. Started on April 9th, then nationwide on April 16th.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a whole bunch closed a way back; though theres a few kicking around still. Is this going to finish all the remaining ones?

[quote name='Naylord']I know a whole bunch closed a way back; though theres a few kicking around still. Is this going to finish all the remaining ones?[/QUOTE]

That's what the source has written at another forum. I will call around this morning to see what other stores are planning. Lots of store on Ontario.

I stopped into a location today, when I asked about the store "revamping" the staff instantly referred me to their manager. He confirmed that Bathurst/Sheppard location will be changing their business model(not as busy). He didn't know when they would stop renting but he did say it should start soon and that he didn't know of any other locations to follow. Called two other stores and no one else is changing models yet.

So what xxkittenxx said was correct. That location will be changing models, we'll see if others follow. Reminds me of the last sale and how Rogers kept their staff in the dark until the last week. I wouldn't bother calling anywhere else right now because it's clear that if they are changing business models at other stores they haven't told the staff yet.

It's confirmed by the original(xxkittenxx) poster that many stores, if not all will be changing models and that renting should stop by the 15th.

[quote name='dvdswapper']It's confirmed by the original(xxkittenxx) poster that many stores, if not all will be changing models and that renting should stop by the 15th.[/QUOTE]

does that mean their sales will start on the say day? April 15?

[quote name='Sennyize']Well hopefully this will be like the BB sales

[quote name='moneyman122']Oh well walmart will be the victors they are too big of a corp to not lose[/QUOTE]

Too Big To Fail... where have I heard that before...

[quote name='dvdswapper']Anytime Sennyize,
xxKittenxx said that the sale will start on the Monday 9th at Yonge/lawrence,
I'll be there first thing in the morning;)
Anyways make sure you know the prices before buying. You got one night to look over the prices at other stores. Keep in mind that some games are $10.00 used at Futureshop with the coupon if you can find it. I know some prices already and some games are way over priced. Dvds will be the worst deals of the sale because some older dvds are at $9.99=$5.00 each with discount b1get1 free tommorrow. If you guys know what you are doing you would stick with blurays and some games until the b1g2 phase begins.
Be very careful with buying over priced stuff, remember Zellers will be liquidating as well and their products are NEW. Almost everything at Rogers will be used, try to check the discs and look for manuals for the games.
Good luck everyone and please do not hoard. I'll be there tommorrow with my phone;)

@JamesSoprano,
This sale should be the closure of all Rogersplus rental stores.[/QUOTE]

Hot Damn ! ..... Ugh ... i dunno what to do ! I might be able to get out their tomorrow but i'm not so sure. you say should be all but i wanna call and find out but .. since it's 3:32 in the morning i can't :lol: ALSO i'm sure Hoarders will be their in the morning i remember the 1st BB closings and .. eh .. some people bought LOADS of DVD's like one old man. not sure if he was selling them off or for keep sake. some people were walking out with like 3 - 5 games as well. so i can't say they were hoarding but .. anyways yea. i can't remember gaming prices in stores really for the most part some i can .. but not used prices, and that's not all * sigh * i dunno we shall see what's what.

Thanks for the Heads Up. if anyone buys POST WHAT YOU GOT ! ( which i love reading as well besides hearing usefull info i'm curious to what people walked away with )

Apparently the ONLY place that rented DVD's AND Games closed back last September or October ..... and i didn't hear word of it. this makes me sad cause i just think to myself. well i didn't hear anything online about it here or anywhere else ( meaning not enough users from my area ) and just for one store i wouldn't hear that on radio.... so i now NO LONGER have a place to rent games from. just movies ( not that i rented games much anyways ) but now i also missed a Liquidation. Hoarders 1 Me 0 UNLESS they closed and sent all their stuff to New Brunswick but even i doubt that.

oh well Blockbuster was the better store IMO Rogers should have closed first.

Just left the location, still a few ps3 games left, lots of 360 games and about 25 Wii games.
My brother was there at opening, another guy was waiting as well. There was another young lady in glasses that keep coming and going in the store like she was waiting for someone. Then a dad/son came in and a young asian guy who bought 8-10 games and was nice enough to lend my brother his ipad to check rfd and that was it for the first hour according to my brother. The staff was super friendly and tolerated all his questions(which I'm sure he got on their nerves, he gets on mine:lol:), as far as he knows that was the only location that had the sale on today. The staff was kind enough to call a few other loactions for him. He kept saying how nice the two guys were that was helping him check everything.

Here's the price breakdowns on dvds/games

Games
$59.99
$39.99
$29.99(most games were this price)
$19.99
$9.99(very few games at this price at that location)

Blurays
$29.99
$19.99
$14.99
$9.99

Dvds
$4.99
$5.99(most tv sets discs were this price)
$6.99(older movies and kids movies mostly)
$9.99(last years titles)
$14.99(some newer releases)
$19.99(newest releases)

Games that he found the price for:
All ps3/360, no wii
$59.99
Soul Calibur 5
Darkness 2
FF 13-2
Kingdom Of Arm:Reconing
rES Evil:racoon city

$39.99
ME3

$29.99
lbp2
two worlds
rayman origins
xmen destiny
rachet and clank all 4 1
golden eye
assissins creed revlations
god of war origins collection
dark souls
portal 2
spiderman edge of time
socom 4
resistance 2
infamous 2
skyrim
space marines
dead island
battle field 3
codmw3
gt5

He didn't get all the prices as he didn't want to bother the staff too much. No prices on the games/movies still on shelves.
There was a bunch of 360 newer release, 3 codmw3, never dead, skyrim, gears of war 3,nhk 12,catherine,batman ac.

The problem was that some of the ps3 stuff had no manual/pass. Battlefield 3(ps3) had neither.

So from everything I saw just now and from what my brother told me this morning there was/still is some good deals on used games/blurays.
Considering that some blurays were $9.99 that's $5.00 each which isn;t bad and some movies were either $4.99/$6.99 and that's a pretty decent price for used dvds if they were in good condition.

If you're not a gamer or bluray fan then you haven't missed much yet but if you are then there's some good deals there. Considering that some of the used games in the $29.99 are going for $19.99-$44.99 at FS/EB/BESTBUY, getting them for $15.00 each is worth it. Sure the games will come down eventually but if you don't want to wait and need it as a present or to play/trade then this is the time to buy. I can't see games like codmw3/bATTLEFIELD 3/batman:ac going down in price to $15.00 used anytime soon.
Pictures will be uploaded later as I have to resize them and clear out the blurry ones.

Well that was a massive waste of time! I woke up bright and early, bussed to the only Rogers Plus with videogames still around (that I know of) in Vancouver and they tell me they aren't liquidating till next week!

[quote name='Naylord']Well that was a massive waste of time! I woke up bright and early, bussed to the only Rogers Plus with videogames still around (that I know of) in Vancouver and they tell me they aren't liquidating till next week![/QUOTE]
You didn't read my post, I said that Yonge/Lawrence will be today, that's in Toronto.
In Toronto, Kipling/DIXON b1g2
CALL TO CONFIRM.

Call around as the csr's said that some stores are already at b1g2

Just called back and the csr said that no blurays/dvds over $14.99, huge difference compared to the location at Lawrence/Yonge.

Somebody just posted in another forum that Vic park/ellesmere is b1g2 on games, just called and verified.

Going in right now, there's a bunch of customers buying lots of movies/blurays, games only have 2 shelving units, not much wii titles, some older ps3 titles(ma2,lbp2), some new games that are not returned yet(Resevil:raccon,soul calibur 5), BAttlefield 3, never dead, ufc 3. About 22 games.
More stuff for 360 but looks like most games not returned yet according to csr. Some stuff hanging from the side of the shelves.
About 30 games. Lots of dvds and blurays left, some new release too at $14.99. b1g2 on candy as well although I don't see much left.
Looks like I'm buying movies at this location. LOL, a bunch of guys with backpacks are walking around the store
thread-facepalm-16.png
I know who you are.
thread-wink-16.png

Stop looking at the rfd page
thread-cheesygrin-16.png

Rfd members fir sure, but nobodies posting?

Be careful to there's lots of construction at the north west side at Dixon/kipling.

Called Vic Park and it's b1g1 on library blurays, b1g2 dvds/used games.

update!
more info
Edinburgh rd. Guelph is b1g2

UPDATE!
Finally finished cashing out. Bought 9 blurays for $33.xx(taxes included) and 3 newer release dvds for $11.xx(taxes included)
A bunch of games without manuals/codes, some guy was super pissed that none of the games he picked had manuals. Tossed the games at the floor in the games section. Shameful.

Called the Ajax (ON) location guy said that they were supposed to go on sale soon but didn't know when. Although it sounded busy on his end and that location is usually not too busy... Probably going to check it out in person just to make sure since I'll be going out anyways :p

[quote name='dvdswapper']Somebody just posted in another forum that Vic park/ellesmere is b1g2 on games, just called and verified.

Going in right now, there's a bunch of customers buying lots of movies/blurays, games only have 2 shelving units, not much wii titles, some older ps3 titles(ma2,lbp2), some new games that are not returned yet(Resevil:raccon,soul calibur 5), BAttlefield 3, never dead, ufc 3. About 22 games.
More stuff for 360 but looks like most games not returned yet according to csr. Some stuff hanging from the side of the shelves.
About 30 games. Lots of dvds and blurays left, some new release too at $14.99. b1g2 on candy as well although I don't see much left.
Looks like I'm buying movies at this location. LOL, a bunch of guys with backpacks are walking around the store
thread-facepalm-16.png
I know who you are.
thread-wink-16.png

Stop looking at the rfd page
thread-cheesygrin-16.png

Rfd members fir sure, but nobodies posting?

Be careful to there's lots of construction at the north west side at Dixon/kipling.

Called Vic Park and it's b1g1 on library blurays, b1g2 dvds/used games.

update!
more info
Edinburgh rd. Guelph is b1g2

UPDATE!
Finally finished cashing out. Bought 9 blurays for $33.xx(taxes included) and 3 newer release dvds for $11.xx(taxes included)
A bunch of games without manuals/codes, some guy was super pissed that none of the games he picked had manuals. Tossed the games at the floor in the games section. Shameful.[/QUOTE]

damn what a idiot that guy was. for tossing game on the floor. i was pretty dissappointed that my Vanquish i think it's called i got from BBV Closing had no manual and that my RAC:CIT and War For Cybertron Had Manuals but the Front was Ripped Clean off ... but another location i bought from in the 2nd closing the only game i bought had the full manual intact in good condition and that was Majin.

IF my place wasn't already closed i would have seen if i could get Valkyria Chronicles and for DVD's Batman: Mask of Phantasm and Batman: Year One ( if cheaper then walmart and i mean ALOT cheaper as it's $13.99 or $14.99 )

Just got back from two Rogers (Stone Rd Guelph and Highland Rd. Kitchener). The former was B1G2, the latter was B1G1. Managed to snag a bunch of games, although the selection was getting sketchy.

All PS3

Dark Souls
Assassins Creed: Revelations
Rayman

All for $19.99

BF3
Batman:AC

$29.99 (Not as good of a deal, but $15 each was a good price)

Vic Park / Ellesmere still had some good games when I went in at 7 today...most were for Xbox, but I found enough to get six games for 60 altogether for PS3:

I grabbed:

Dark Souls
God of War Origins
Red Dead Redemption Undead expansion
Vanquish
Rage
Ninja Gaiden 2

Wanted the copy of Catherine I saw on the shelf, but there was no game...so they must have been waiting for somebody to return it still...so I took what I could get.

Here's the pictures my brother took this morning at Yonge/lawrence.
Just to give you some idea of what games were at there this morning.
301ip2r.jpg

vnmtxi.jpg

2zpk412.jpg

23s7wab.jpg

e0mzir.jpg

b1g3 free in Aurora location near Yonge st

ALL Rogersplus rental locations in Canada will start liquidating their stock by the 16th(if they haven't already). Which is this MONDAY. There's no need to keep asking as this has been posted many times already.

These stores are confirmed to be liquidating their stock on MONDAY APRIL 16TH.

333 bloor st e
8 wellesley st e
730 danfortn ave
1971 yonge st(davisville)
2120 queen st e
3015 bloor st w
808 york mills
6758 kingston rd unti 12
2400 eglinton w(call on Monday to verify)
2490 gerrard st e
1530 albion rd(albion mall)
60 Bristol Road East, Sandal Wood Mall
920 South Down rd, miss(waiting for the ok to start sale, could happen at anytime?)

No rental stock at 4141 Dixie rd, Miss, Ontario according to csr.

Will call more locations after work.

Tommorrow ALL ROGERSPLUS rental store should be liquidating their stock. Most will have B1G1 on all items excluding new(unopened) movies which should be 30% off. Some stores might be b1g2 free but we won't know until tommorrow. Make sure to ask for manuals and codes for games when buying as Rogersplus does hold onto those codes and don't give them out for rentals.

Hopefully more people will help out with what stores have which discounts. Don't listen to what crs's say most have no idea what discount other stores are giving. ROGERSPLUS is not closing down they are just getting rid of their rental stock and switching to another business model. You'll still have to return items and I've been told that those that don't will have Rogers go after them for the items.

Please be nice to csr's as I'm sure tommorrow will be a hectic day. There's some great discounts on stuff to be found you'll have to do your homework tonight before buying tommorrow. The prices can vary depending on store(as was seen during the first day) but most dvd/bluray will go for $19.99 and under. Games can go from $59.99(newer releases) down to $9.99.

I was at the Weber/Bridgeport location in Waterloo this morning. They had b1g1 with ok selection. Picked up Donkey Kong Country Returns and Rayman Origins for $39, which is ok. They had a lot of games still out for rent with a sign that said: "No future holds".

Picked up the following:
Spiderman edge of time
Xmen destiny
Lego harry potter years 5-7
Halo anniversary
All were 29.99 (b1g1f)

Also was going to get Neverdead and Soul Caliber V but they were 59.99 (yes even though they were rental copies and not brand new). Passed on them.

The guy helping me did ask the manager if the 59.99 games should be 39.99 but she told him no.

Today was a good day :smoking:

A Dangerous Method $19.99

Adventures of TInTIn $19.99

Darkest Hour $19.99

Debt $19.99

Decendants $19.99

Dolphin Tale $19.99

Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark $19.99

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close $19.99

Friends With Benefits $19.99

Help $19.99

Hop $19.99

Hugo $19.99

Ides Of March $19.99

Immortals $19.99

In Time $19.99

J.Edgar $19.99

Lion King 1/2 $14.99

Lion King 2 $14.99

Margin Call $14.99

Meet The Fockers $14.99

Meet The Parents $14.99

Moneyball $19.99

Mr. Popper's Penguins $19.99

Muppets $19.99

My Week With Marilyn $14.99

Paprika $14.99

Paranormal Activity 3 $19.99

Puss In Boots $19.99

Secretaruat $14.99

Sitter $19.99

Thing $19.99

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy $14.99

Tower Heist $19.99

War Horse $14.99

We Bought A Zoo $14.99

Young Adults $19.99

I cant remember which ones I paid for and which were FREE... but i bought 36 movies in total so i paid for 18 and got 18 FREE :itsnice:
R.I.P Rogers Video... Happy Hunting Everyone else

Picked up a few games, which after B1G1 discount were pretty good, in Ottawa at RP on 363 Bank:
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword = $14.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations (360 for me, PS3 for a friend) = $14.99 each
Saint's Row The Third = $14.99
Just Cause II = $4.99
Brutal Legend = $4.99 (heard okay things and for $5 worth a shot)

Picked up Win-Win and Moneyball.

Also went to 2515 Bank:
James Bond Goldeneye 007 (Wii) = $14.99
Rayman Origins (360) = $14.99

I felt the service was lackluster at 2515 Bank and great at 363 Bank. I went at 5 PM and 6:30 PM so the deals I got were "end of day".

$100 + tax for 7 games + movies; pretty good in my opinion.

Catherine & Dead Space 2 are $9.99 each after discount; ensure the pass is present for Dead Space 2.
Saints Row 2 scanned at $34.99 (what is RP HQ thinking with that).

[quote name='games4less']Picked up a few games, which after B1G1 discount were pretty good, in Ottawa at RP on 363 Bank:
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword = $14.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations (360 for me, PS3 for a friend) = $14.99 each
Saint's Row The Third = $14.99
Just Cause II = $4.99
Brutal Legend = $4.99 (piked heard okay things and for $5 worth a shot)

Picked up Win-Win and Moneyball.

Also went to 2515 Bank:
James Bond Goldeneye 007 (Wii) = $14.99
Rayman Origins (360) = $14.99

I felt the service was lackluster at 2515 Bank and great at 363 Bank. I went at 5 PM and 6:30 PM so the deals I got were "end of day".

$100 + tax for 7 games + movies; pretty good in my opinion.

Catherine & Dead Space 2 are $9.99 each after discount; ensure the pass is present for Dead Space 2.
Saints Row 2 scanned at $34.99 (what is RP HQ thinking with that).[/QUOTE]
I got to 363 Bank st. about 10 minutes after it opened this morning and managed to grab MW3, Halo: Anniversary, Skyward Sword, Assassins Creed Revelations, Arkham City and the new Resident Evil. There was already guys grabbing everything they could get their hands on at that point, so it's nice to know that there were still some good games to be had there later on in the day.

At the Pembina Rogers in Winnipeg, I got there as it opened and there were like 10 other people waiting. The games were...disappointing, as there were barely any recent releases. No ME3, no MW3. It was B1G2 for games, movies and candy. Mostly used games and very few new ones. Lots of Arkham City, Rage and Halo:CE Anniversary, but EVERYTHING got picked over really quickly.

I ended up getting GoW Origins Collection, Rayman Origins (PS3) and Split/Second (360) for $30.

When I left the store (about an hour after opening), there were barely any games left, mostly Wii shovelware. Still a lot of movies, but they were probably very picked over as people were carrying huge stacks. Probably not much left at Pembina, though there might still be a lot of candy.

So does anyone have any idea when Rogers will be selling the actual rental games they have on shelves? Or do they not do that?

[quote name='triplexpac']So does anyone have any idea when Rogers will be selling the actual rental games they have on shelves? Or do they not do that?[/QUOTE]

??????
That's what this sale is all about, they are selling ALL their rental copies and new copies. The games you've seen on the shelves should be for sale unless they were not returned by people yet. Then you'd have to wait and keep going in to see if they were returned.

The Rogers here in Moncton, NB had no rental games for sale. I asked and he said they are all being sent back.

All they had was used copies for sale.

[quote name='Mikass']The Rogers here in Moncton, NB had no rental games for sale. I asked and he said they are all being sent back.

All they had was used copies for sale.[/QUOTE]

Really? That doesn't seem right, all ROGERS only have used rental copies for sale. First store I've heard of that's sending them back......to where exactly?
There's no new games for sale at Rogers, they only have used rental games.
I'd call them back later and see if you get a different story. If the story stays the same then ask where they are sending them as EVERYTHING should be on sale including the candy/pop/new movies etc.....

On the off chance that anyone has seen or actually bought extra copies of UMvC3 or Syndicate... I'd be willing to pay for them if anyone sees them. :)

[quote name='dvdswapper']Really? That doesn't seem right, all ROGERS only have used rental copies for sale. First store I've heard of that's sending them back......to where exactly?
There's no new games for sale at Rogers, they only have used rental games.
I'd call them back later and see if you get a different story. If the story stays the same then ask where they are sending them as EVERYTHING should be on sale including the candy/pop/new movies etc.....[/QUOTE]

They didn't say where. And when I said used copies for sale, I meant just the ones you would normally find in the previously played section. No rentals for sale at all.

I'm thinking of going back again tonight to see if anything has changed.

Yeah I've been to two Rogers here in Toronto, they had their usual Used section on sale but the rentals all looked like they were still for rent?

They didn't have any prices on them, anyway. They just had the usual rental racks. Maybe they were selling them sneakily, I dunno. The guy I asked was pretty clueless, so I just got a couple used games.

They may be doing a similar thing to what HMV did, sending all clearance items
to one (or several) specific locations to handle the clearance sale(s).

[quote name='triplexpac']Yeah I've been to two Rogers here in Toronto, they had their usual Used section on sale but the rentals all looked like they were still for rent?

They didn't have any prices on them, anyway. They just had the usual rental racks. Maybe they were selling them sneakily, I dunno. The guy I asked was pretty clueless, so I just got a couple used games.[/QUOTE]

You guys didn't see the pictures my brother took and I posted in this thread?
Everything should be on sale. They don't rent anymore, so those rental copies are for sale as well unless they are still rented out. You should ask the csr if they have the copy or if it's still rented out. There are no prices on them you need to bring them to the front to get prices. Most games are in the $29.99/$19.99 range. EVERY location has been confirmed to have this sale on, the csr was either screweing with you or completely spaced out.

@Wikkidkarma,
They are not supposed to send anything out to other locations. At the end of the sale everything will be sold to a third party. No shipping to other locations, I was told this many times over by managers in stores here.

@Mikass,
ALL RENTALS are for sale. RogersPlus is not renting anymore so therefore all stock will be on sale. PPV games/Rental games are the same now. Unless something is seriously wrong at that store and they need to vacate a.s.a.p then everything should be on sale. I wouldn't waste time going, I'd call instead as something seems off at that location. In all the other loactions I've read about, called and personally been into, there has been no mention of continuing to rent or shipping out to other stores. Your location might start later but at some point that sale will start.

btw thanks dvdswapper, i ended up going a day late cause lolclass, but still got a decent haul today

Catherine
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
L.A. Noire

PS3
Final Fantasy XIII
Time Crisis Rising Storm
Heavy Rain

Those were all $20 so i managed to get them all for $60

Wii
Punch Out

PS3
3D Dot Game Heroes

Those were $10 so i got them for $5 each

It ended up being $79 something total so it works out to less than $10 a game after tax ^_^.

Really sad i didn't go yesterday though, there were some rly good wii games i wanted & they were obviously rly hot deals :(

btw this is the eagleson/stonehaven location in kanata. There still seems to be a lot of movies if people are interested. there are still some games last i checked but not much that interested me.
(some rock band packs, some new titles like soul caiber V, neverdead, XIII-2 and such, wii & ds games are slim pickings)

Sorry if this has already been asked but are all these games everyone is getting used? Or new as in shrink wrapped? I have never gone to rogers plus or video since the one near my house shut down a few years ago.

[quote name='Winnopeg']I got to 363 Bank st. about 10 minutes after it opened this morning and managed to grab MW3, Halo: Anniversary, Skyward Sword, Assassins Creed Revelations, Arkham City and the new Resident Evil. There was already guys grabbing everything they could get their hands on at that point, so it's nice to know that there were still some good games to be had there later on in the day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was surprised to see the selection that was available.

I passed on Halo: Anniversary as I got a free legal pc version (I didn't own an xbox) and don't care about achievements as much. I figure Arkham City will get a platinum hits/goty edition with all dlc similar to Arkham Asylum so I'm holding off on purchasing it.

bread's done
Back