Let's Hear From the Female Gamers! First Ever Maxim Gamer Girl Search!

Pengian9

CAG Veteran
Despite what some may say, and contrary to popular belief, females make up a large portion of the gaming community, and I’m not talking about for games like Barbie’s Dream House Simulator or anything like that either. I think male gamers like me can agree, that it really is a turn-on when girls can tear us up at Call of Duty or even something small like catching a glimpse of a gamer tag like “KickA$$GamerGurl” in the matchmaking lobby. There’s definitely something damn sexy about it and it may even make some of us male gamers tremble with controllers in hand.

To get a better gist of our female gaming community, I want to find out from some of you female gamers about what you play, which game character you relate to the most, and which would you want to be (could be female, male, or even an alien being). Please explain why. Gentlemen, don’t feel left out; you can chime in too, but let’s hear it for the ladies!

By the way, all you female gamers out there, from April 2nd, until May 25th, Maxim and Virgin Gaming will be looking for just that, the ultimate girl gamer to represent all girl gamers out there, the first ever Maxim Gamer Girl! Feel free to check that out and show the gaming world what you’re made of on their website! Not to mention, see the other gamers in the running including a GUY that goes by the name “hot_bid” who seems to be vying for the title of Gamer Girl! LOL

[FONT=&quot]
header_maxim_gamergirl.jpeg

[/FONT]

(I’ll be honest, I play as a lot of the female game characters in games like Soul Calibur or Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City because they are sexy as hell, play just as well, if not better than the male characters, and are fierce!)[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite what some may say, and contrary to popular belief, females make up a large portion of the gaming community

I feel like this contest is 15 years too late. Everyone knows women play video games.

[quote name='Pengian9'] I think male gamers like me can agree, that it really is a turn-on when girls can tear us up at Call of Duty or even something small like catching a glimpse of a gamer tag like “KickA$$GamerGurl” in the matchmaking lobby. There’s definitely something damn sexy about it and it may even make some of us male gamers tremble with controllers in hand.
[/QUOTE]

RLBFo.png

And yeah, your first paragraph is a good example of the sexism that kept woman from picking up gaming in the first place, and the reason why insecure ones picked it up for the attention associated with being a "gam3r gurl."

This sounds like something for those corporate paid-to-play "gamer gurlz"... not real gamers who happen to be females.

To clarify, the guy mentioned in the OP - Hot_Bid - is an adminstrator/troll for Starcraft uber-site teamliquid.net.

I have been voting for him daily since the beginning of the contest.

Also Starcraft related is Anna Prosser, fiancee of American Brood War/Starcraft 2 player iNcontroL. Or however the fuck he capitalizes that god damn name. She is down by many, many votes against Hot_Bid.

Ah, thanks for clarifying that, Crotch! His trolling is amazing and brings a smile to my heart!

Yes I'm sure they'll pick someone who actually plays games versus the hottest one they find that plays some games and can pass for a gamer. It's fucking Maxim.

[quote name='ihadFG']
RLBFo.png
[/QUOTE]

What Yotsuba said. Seriously, I think that first paragraph will probably scare away every normal female gamer on CAG (except for the ones who want to make fun of the ridiculousness of this thread).

The only questions you even asked relating to females and gaming is a series of questions which are so open ended that everyone, regardless of gender, is going to have a personal answer to them, since people choose the games they like, the characters they like, and the characters they play based on all kinds of different reasons regardless of what gender they are.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I feel like this contest is 15 years too late. Everyone knows women play video games.[/QUOTE]

yeah most gamers know a few girls who game personally but funny enough developers dont seem to get it. look at u3 mp why only allow men to customize their own character who not allow people to customize their own female character as well? same can be said for race too.

[quote name='Pengian9']I think male gamers other 13 year old boys who have never spoken to the opposite gender, like me, can agree that it really is a turn-on when girls can tear us up at Call of Duty or even something small like catching a glimpse of a gamer tag like “KickA$$GamerGurl” in the matchmaking lobby. There’s definitely something damn sexy about it and it may even make some of us male gamers tremble with controllers in hand.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just me, but this is how I read that paragraph.

Wow, what a vicious assault on the OP! So, I'm guessing none of you tremble with controllers in hand when you see a tag like “KickA$$GamerGurl” in the matchmaking lobby? What's wrong with you people? Just the thought...uhhhhhhh...

...excuse me, I'll be back.

i tend to laugh at alot of the girl names because theyre so stupid but not as lame as all the naurto and bleach based names how many times do you need to see sauske or itachi before its too much ?

[quote name='lokizz']i tend to laugh at alot of the girl names because theyre so stupid but not as lame as all the naurto and bleach based names how many times do you need to see sauske or itachi before its too much ?[/QUOTE]
I Still don't think it's as corny as names that begin and end X's or whatever. Same with the ones that include 420 somewhere.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Still don't think it's as corny as names that begin and end X's or whatever. Same with the ones that include 420 somewhere.[/QUOTE]

yeah i dont get the xXnameXx shit either and yeah drug references and dick references get old too. if i recall correctly theres a team in uncharted named aids.

[quote name='The Crotch']Hey, what'd I ever do to you?[/QUOTE]

lmao your name is cool man i always considered yours to be less about penis and more about being crotchety. ive seen names referencing raping people , to giving people aids but the chicks usualy do something gurl or gurlz or hot chicks or chickz.

or you see people who you assume must be dating because they have the same name as a guy but with mrs or miss in front. ive seen alot of clever ones too its like car license plates.

I'm surprised you guys didn't know about the username equation. It's simple, really: teenage obsession + X(s) + lewd number = username

Let's try a few examples:
slipknotx420
xXgoku666Xx

Sure, sometimes people won't put an X there or they'll use some other number, but I'm just assuming that's because they're not good at math.

I understand each of the stereotypical bad name stigmas being bad in and of themselves, but no one can seriously argue with one that combines them all:

xXxHotGrrlBlows420xXx

My hands trembled at the mere typing of it.

[quote name='Kerig']I understand each of the stereotypical bad name stigmas being bad in and of themselves, but no one can seriously argue with one that combines them all:

xXxHotGrrlBlows420xXx

My hands trembled at the mere typing of it.[/QUOTE]

dammit dont give them ideas now ill count the days till i see this and 4 or 5 variations of it while playing u3 lmao.

[quote name='lokizz']i tend to laugh at alot of the girl names because theyre so stupid but not as lame as all the naurto and bleach based names how many times do you need to see sauske or itachi before its too much ?[/QUOTE]
Fortunately, a lot of women gamers aren't that obvious ;)

Also, I've been in FF7 fandom for a long time and have seen every possible username for "Cloud", "Sephiroth", and "Vincent", for both guys and girls. At least I wouldn't be surprised if I have seen 'em all :razz:

[quote name='kainzero']barret gets no love[/QUOTE]
Nor does Cid Highwind :whistle2:(

They just aren't powerful/mysterious/sexy enough for most fans, apparently.

[quote name='blindinglights']Maybe it's just me, but this is how I read that paragraph.[/QUOTE]

I say you're on the money.

Hmm. Well. Firstly, I cringe when I see adults refers to themselves as "gamers." I think "video game industry" is synonymous with "consumerism." So, the association is somewhat repulsive.

Like with most things in life, if it can be exploited, people will exploit it for money—which is why we've seen some of the female populace capitalize on the raging boners of young males by labeling themselves as "girl ga— Shit, it's disgusting to even say those words in my head. You know the phrase. For example, Jessica Chobot paved the way for other attention-seeking individuals to use video games as a platform for a.) attention, and b.) money.

I'm particularly happy my girlfriend isn't video game-obsessed, in that regard. Not a dig at the hobby, but some of the people involved in the video game press can be nauseating. Maybe it's just because I'm falling away from the hobby. And I'll just wrap things up by saying consumerism is bad—and that being addicted to anything is not a good way to live.

[quote name='Chase']I say you're on the money.

Hmm. Well. Firstly, I cringe when I see adults refers to themselves as "gamers." I think "video game industry" is synonymous with "consumerism." So, the association is somewhat repulsive.

Like with most things in life, if it can be exploited, people will exploit it for money—which is why we've seen some of the female populace capitalize on the raging boners of young males by labeling themselves as "girl ga— Shit, it's disgusting to even say those words in my head. You know the phrase. For example, Jessica Chobot paved the way for other attention-seeking individuals to use video games as a platform for a.) attention, and b.) money.

I'm particularly happy my girlfriend isn't video game-obsessed, in that regard. Not a dig at the hobby, but some of the people involved in the video game press can be nauseating. Maybe it's just because I'm falling away from the hobby. And I'll just wrap things up by saying consumerism is bad—and that being addicted to anything is not a good way to live.[/QUOTE]

....what?

[quote name='Chase']
Hmm. Well. Firstly, I cringe when I see adults refers to themselves as "gamers." [/QUOTE]

This into infinity.

People who read books aren't called "readers". How the fuck did that word become so heavily used?

[quote name='The Crotch']Cid was always my favourite.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

[quote name='Halo05']People who read books aren't called "readers". How the fuck did that word become so heavily used?[/QUOTE]

I think we should replace the word "gamer" with "reader" from now on, just for shits and giggles. For example:

[quote name='Pengian9']Despite what some may say, and contrary to popular belief, females make up a large portion of the reading community, and I’m not talking about for books like Harry Potter and the Hot Snape Slashfic or anything like that either. I think male readers like me can agree, that it really is a turn-on when girls crack open a copy of Brief Interviews with Hideous Men or even something small like catching a glimpse of a reader tag like “xXxStephenKingGurlxXx” in the library lobby. There’s definitely something damn sexy about it and it may even make some of us male readers tremble with the latest New York Review of Books in hand.

To get a better gist of our female reading community, I want to find out from some of you female readers about what you read, which book character you relate to the most, and which would you want to be (could be female, male, or even the ocean on Solaris). Please explain why. Gentlemen, don’t feel left out; you can chime in too, but let’s hear it for the ladies!

By the way, all you female readers out there, from April 2nd, until May 25th, The New Yorker and Random House will be looking for just that, the ultimate girl reader to represent all girl readers out there, the first ever New Yorker Reader Girl! Feel free to check that out and show the reading world what you’re made of on their website! Not to mention, see the other readers in the running including a GUY that goes by the name “hot_bid” who seems to be vying for the title of Reader Girl! LOL

[FONT="]
mick-stevens-woman-reading-book-women-who-read-too-much-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg
[/FONT]

(I’ll be honest, I cosplay as a lot of the female book characters in books like The Berenstain Bears or The Magic School Bus because they are sexy as hell, are just as good, if not better than the male characters, and are fierce!)[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Crotch']I know I get a huge boner when I go see a movie and there are female watchers in the audience.[/QUOTE]
not talking about stuff like twilight but it's a huge turn on when it's an arthouse film.

bread's done
Back