Zen Pinball 2 - Vita's Cross-Platform Pinball Platform - 9/4/12 - Free!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Just got the email for this, which essentially gives the Zen/Marvel Pinball games a unified platform like Pinball FX2 with cross purchase compatibility with the Vita version:
Zen Studios, the definitive leader in videogame pinball, today announced Zen Pinball 2 for the PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system via PlayStation®Network.

Set to release spring of 2012, Zen Pinball 2 features an abundance of exciting new features and updates, making it the premiere pinball platform on any digital distribution network. Best of all, Zen Pinball 2 is a free update for existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners, while new users can download the pinball platform and try every pinball table for free. All told, Zen Pinball 2 will launch with twenty-six pinball tables!

Additionally, players will enjoy cross-platform entitlement and any Zen Pinball 2 purchase will entitle players to both the PS3 and PS®Vita versions at no additional charge. Zen Pinball 2 will release in conjunction with Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles, a new four-table pack featuring tables based on ‘Marvel’s The Avengers’ Movie, ‘World War Hulk,’ ‘Fear Itself,’ and ‘The Infinity Gauntlet.’

Please visit the Zen Studios press site to download the Zen Pinball 2 announcement trailer http://zenpinball.com/press.html

“We are so excited about the future of videogame pinball, and Zen Pinball 2 is the most advanced pinball platform available on any digital network. We are happy to upgrade physics, provide new trophies and introduce compelling new social features and more to all of our existing players at no charge,” said Mel Kirk, Zen Studios Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations. “We have really focused on keeping the community intact, offering compelling new features and connecting the cross-platform experience between the PlayStation®3 and the PlayStation®Vita.”

When Zen Pinball 2 releases, existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners will simply download an update and their content will automatically import into the new Zen Pinball 2 platform. Each table will receive updated physics, new trophies and integration into a new social system that includes the option to post scores to Facebook.

Zen Pinball 2 list of features:

• PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system cross-platform entitlement including shared global leaderboards, online friend challenges and tournaments
  • The most advanced ball physics simulation to date
  • Compete against other players to achieve the highest ProScore™, and team up with your friends to increase your TeamScore™
  • Exceptional visuals in full 3D on 3D compatible TV sets
  • Free, fully playable demos for all available tables
  • Exciting multiplayer modes, including local split-screen and hotseat multiplayer, online, and worldwide tournaments
  • New tables released regularly through the PlayStation®Store
  • Share your scores on Facebook
  • New rule sheets to help you achieve higher scores
  • New trophies for each table

Zen Pinball 2 will be a free download for any PlayStatation®Network user on the PlayStation®3 system and the PlayStation®Vita system, and will ship with a robust trial system allowing the player to sample each table in the game.

http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?t=4158

Zen Studios has posted an FAQ on their forums:
1. How do I get the free Zen Pinball 2 upgrade?

Simply download Zen Pinball 2 from the PlayStation Store when it releases, and all of your Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball tables will be unlocked within Zen Pinball 2.

2. I’m AMAZING at Zen Pinball! What about my trophies and scores? What happens to them?

All of your old Zen Pinball scores and trophies will remain intact. However, they will not carry over to the new platform.

3. What will happen to Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball? Where will all my tables go?

Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball will remain on your PS3 as is. All of your Zen Pinball and Marvel tables will also show up in Zen Pinball 2 under one roof and totally updated. All tables will also be available on the PS Vita as well! You only have to purchase them once and you get them on PS3 and Vita.

4. Do I have to post scores to Facebook?

You don’t have to if you don’t want to. This feature is optional.

5. Can I play it on the Vita with the screen held vertically in portrait mode?

Yes! That is one of the best parts of playing on the Vita! Go for it!

6. Can I remap the controls?

Yes! You can map the flippers to directional buttons (left flipper) and circle button (right flipper). You can also control the flipper from the front or rear touch panels as well. The default control for the flippers is the two shoulder buttons.

7. Can I play my own music while I play Zen Pinball 2?

Yes!

8. I am a PS+ subscriber and I have bought tables through PS+, will I lose those tables?

Of course not! All tables will transfer over to the new platform with updated physics.

9. Wait!! I haven’t bought all the tables from Zen Pinball yet! Can I still do that on ZP2?

Yes! Please do!

10. I don’t have Zen Pinball, just Marvel Pinball. How does Zen Pinball 2 affect me?

You still get the upgrade for free! ZP2 is bringing all the Marvel Tables and Zen Pinball tables together with playable demos for each table, so if you do not yet have any tables from Zen Studios, it’s time to check them out!

11. Should I delete Marvel Pinball and Zen Pinball after I update to ZP2?

That’s up to you. You don’t need to. If you’d like to keep your old scores and trophies, don’t delete them.

12. I would love to show my friends how awesome I am at pinball. What about multiplayer?

There will be local split screen multiplayer available on ZP2 for the PS3, and online multiplayer that allow you to set parameters for a game such as what score to play to and ball loss penalties.

13. WHEN does Zen Pinball 2 release?

We are hoping to have Zen Pinball 2 out in May!

14. I live in Europe! When do I get to play?

Zen Pinball 2 will release in Europe and North America during the same week.

15. Are there any new tables coming to Zen Pinball 2?

Yes! Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles will release with Zen Pinball 2. This new four table pack includes World War Hulk, Fear Itself, The Infinity Gauntlet, and Marvel’s The Avengers, based on the new movie from Marvel Entertainment.

16. Will there be DLC for Zen Pinball 2?

Of course! We will be supporting Zen Pinball 2 with regular DLC updates!

Last edited by a moderator:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ming-spring-2012-for-playstation-and-ps-vita/

The PS Blog post is up now that offers a new trailer and screenshots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lId90qSGkxs

7061045785_d95d0ebd04_z.jpg

7061046337_309f34f07d_z.jpg

Enjoyed the first one but to activate some of the things on the tables was extremely hard and frustrating.

I've read somewhere that this will also support vertical play on the Vita (you can flip the Vita 90 degrees so you can see farther on the table).

I've always been interested in the Zen and Marvel games, but not quite enough to start dropping the money. Getting both versions (PSV/PS3) is probably going to be the tipping point for me to start collecting tables.

[quote name='smthng']I've read somewhere that this will also support vertical play on the Vita (you can flip the Vita 90 degrees so you can see farther on the table).

I've always been interested in the Zen and Marvel games, but not quite enough to start dropping the money. Getting both versions (PSV/PS3) is probably going to be the tipping point for me to start collecting tables.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't heard that! That would make it a no-brainer for me.

Edit: Ah, I see it on the PS Blog. Cool!

[quote name='smthng']I've read somewhere that this will also support vertical play on the Vita (you can flip the Vita 90 degrees so you can see farther on the table).[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. The PSP versions of the Williams and Gottleib collections both allowed the tables to be played vertically, with the PSP rotated sideways, letting you see the entire table when you played. Using the screen this way made the tables look and play great. The Williams collection for PSP is a fantastic handheld set of pinball games, absolutely a blast. Gottleib isn't as good a selection of tables, but still not bad.

Sadly, the Williams Collection isn't available in the PSN store, so you can't play it on the Vita, which is a real bummer; it would have been fantastic on the bigger, brighter screen of the Vita.

Can't wait. I've been waiting to get Zen Pinball 3D for the 3DS, but I'll gladly pick this on up since it has cross-platform support.

[quote name='chimpmeister']...The Williams collection for PSP is a fantastic handheld set of pinball games, absolutely a blast. Gottleib isn't as good a selection of tables, but still not bad...[/QUOTE]

I think you're getting two things mixed up. It sounds like you're talking about Pinball Hall of Fame. Pinball Arcade is the followup by Farsight Studios and was released yesterday. It's a pinball simulator and includes a couple of each of the above I think. It's not bad, but the camera view can be a bit weird at times and it's a bit hard to follow when things get frantic.

Zen Pinball 2 is not a sim... they do stuff on their tables that can't be done with real world physics. It's still a good setup, it just adds a bunch of "virtual" stuff. I like them both, although I've found that Pinball Arcade seems a bit easier than the Zen series. The Zen (and Marvel) series are merging in Zen Pinball 2 and are all done by Zen Studios.

I'm just posting this up so people know they are two separate products and that you shouldn't expect to see the Zen stuff if you snag Pinball Arcade. Zen is separate and has not yet been released (and I don't think they've listed a release date).

[quote name='smthng']I think you're getting two things mixed up. It sounds like you're talking about Pinball Hall of Fame. [/QUOTE]

It sounds like he was talking about 2 psp games. Never knew about the vertical rotation on the PSP...tempted grab the williams one and check that out. Very cool.

Here's a quick list of the biggest questions answered in the PS Blog comments:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...on-and-ps-vita/comment-page-1/#comment-705536

On portrait mode:
Yes, you will be able to play with the Vita held vertically (portrait mode).
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...on-and-ps-vita/comment-page-1/#comment-705471

On DLC BC and Vita compatibility:
Yes! All of your current Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball tables will be playable within Zen Pinball 2. You will simply need to download and install the update.

ALL Zen Pinball tables you have ever purchased, and any you purchase in the future will be playable on PS Vita at no extra charge!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...on-and-ps-vita/comment-page-1/#comment-705543

On button mapping:
And I have an update for you already! You can map the flippers to directional buttons (left flipper) and circle button (right flipper)

You can also control the flipper from the front or rear touch panels as well.

Hope that works for you :)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...on-and-ps-vita/comment-page-1/#comment-705490

On custom soundtrack support:
Yes, you will be able to play your own music.

Working with PopCap has been one of the coolest experiences. These guys are fun, creative and passionate. We are lucky to be working with such amazing partners!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...on-and-ps-vita/comment-page-1/#comment-705474

On whether PS+ versions will be compatible:
Yes! Any tables you have purchased or downloaded, whether from PS Plus or otherwise will import.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...on-and-ps-vita/comment-page-1/#comment-705538

On the trophy list:
The trophy list is the same on both PS3 and Vita, but you will need to unlock them separately on each system.

MEGATON indeed!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...on-and-ps-vita/comment-page-1/#comment-705519

On launch deals:
At this moment we do not have any bundle pricing set for launch time. We will keep you updated.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...on-and-ps-vita/comment-page-1/#comment-705530

On Pricing and a Release Date:
We are shooting for May 2012.

The price for packs will still be $9.99, individual DLC will be $2.49 – $2.99.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...on-and-ps-vita/comment-page-1/#comment-705565

On what table packs will be available on day one:
The packs come with 4 tables each, and currently there are three separate packs available – Zen Pinball Collection, Marvel Pinball, and Marvel Pinball Vengeance and Virtue. The Avengers Chronicles pack will release the same day as Zen Pinball 2.

[quote name='smthng']I think you're getting two things mixed up. It sounds like you're talking about Pinball Hall of Fame. Pinball Arcade is the followup by Farsight Studios and was released yesterday. It's a pinball simulator and includes a couple of each of the above I think. It's not bad, but the camera view can be a bit weird at times and it's a bit hard to follow when things get frantic.

Zen Pinball 2 is not a sim... they do stuff on their tables that can't be done with real world physics. It's still a good setup, it just adds a bunch of "virtual" stuff. I like them both, although I've found that Pinball Arcade seems a bit easier than the Zen series. The Zen (and Marvel) series are merging in Zen Pinball 2 and are all done by Zen Studios.

I'm just posting this up so people know they are two separate products and that you shouldn't expect to see the Zen stuff if you snag Pinball Arcade. Zen is separate and has not yet been released (and I don't think they've listed a release date).[/QUOTE]

No, I'm not mixed up. I was referring to the two PSP Pinball sims, the Williams and Gottleib collections, that both came out a while ago on UMD. I know Pinball Arcade is different, but it is the same philosophy as the previous two collections; detailed, well emulated versions of classic pinball tables like Gorgar, Firepower, Black Knight, Funhouse, etc.

I know Pinball Arcade for PS3/Vita is different, but the same philosophy and style as the two older collections.

I also know Zen Pinball is totally arcade (non-sim) oriented pinball, with impossible physics.

I was just commenting about the vertical mode in the two PSP titles, and saying it would be nice to see that mode in the Vita pinball games. So far, I haven't found the vertical mode in Pinball Arcade (Vita), only three similar view modes (facing the table, no vertical flip), which is a bit disappointing. But overall I'm happy with this new release and looking forward to future tables for Pinball Arcade, just as I am looking forward to Zen 2 (which isn't out yet).

[quote name='jkam']It sounds like he was talking about 2 psp games. Never knew about the vertical rotation on the PSP...tempted grab the williams one and check that out. Very cool.[/QUOTE]

The Williams collection on PSP is outstanding; can't recommend it enough! Stll available on Amazon for about $16, but I've seen "greatest hits" versions at Walmart and other places for $10 each.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I was just commenting about the vertical mode in the two PSP titles, and saying it would be nice to see that mode in the Vita pinball games. So far, I haven't found the vertical mode in Pinball Arcade (Vita), only three similar view modes (facing the table, no vertical flip), which is a bit disappointing. But overall I'm happy with this new release and looking forward to future tables for Pinball Arcade, just as I am looking forward to Zen 2 (which isn't out yet).[/QUOTE]
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-ps-vita-today/comment-page-1/#comment-706084

Yes, the Vita version supports portrait and well as landscape gameplay.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-ps-vita-today/comment-page-1/#comment-706084[/QUOTE]

OK thanks, I finally got it to work! Instead of a button press giving you landscape mode (vertical), you have to just hold your Vita tilted vertically first, and it shifts to that mode. I would have thought they'd do it with a button view press (the square button), but they're just using the accelerometer. Looks great in landscape mode, just have to get used to the touch screen flipper control!

http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?t=4158

Zen Studios has posted an FAQ on their forums:
1. How do I get the free Zen Pinball 2 upgrade?

Simply download Zen Pinball 2 from the PlayStation Store when it releases, and all of your Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball tables will be unlocked within Zen Pinball 2.

2. I’m AMAZING at Zen Pinball! What about my trophies and scores? What happens to them?

All of your old Zen Pinball scores and trophies will remain intact. However, they will not carry over to the new platform.

3. What will happen to Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball? Where will all my tables go?

Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball will remain on your PS3 as is. All of your Zen Pinball and Marvel tables will also show up in Zen Pinball 2 under one roof and totally updated. All tables will also be available on the PS Vita as well! You only have to purchase them once and you get them on PS3 and Vita.

4. Do I have to post scores to Facebook?

You don’t have to if you don’t want to. This feature is optional.

5. Can I play it on the Vita with the screen held vertically in portrait mode?

Yes! That is one of the best parts of playing on the Vita! Go for it!

6. Can I remap the controls?

Yes! You can map the flippers to directional buttons (left flipper) and circle button (right flipper). You can also control the flipper from the front or rear touch panels as well. The default control for the flippers is the two shoulder buttons.

7. Can I play my own music while I play Zen Pinball 2?

Yes!

8. I am a PS+ subscriber and I have bought tables through PS+, will I lose those tables?

Of course not! All tables will transfer over to the new platform with updated physics.

9. Wait!! I haven’t bought all the tables from Zen Pinball yet! Can I still do that on ZP2?

Yes! Please do!

10. I don’t have Zen Pinball, just Marvel Pinball. How does Zen Pinball 2 affect me?

You still get the upgrade for free! ZP2 is bringing all the Marvel Tables and Zen Pinball tables together with playable demos for each table, so if you do not yet have any tables from Zen Studios, it’s time to check them out!

11. Should I delete Marvel Pinball and Zen Pinball after I update to ZP2?

That’s up to you. You don’t need to. If you’d like to keep your old scores and trophies, don’t delete them.

12. I would love to show my friends how awesome I am at pinball. What about multiplayer?

There will be local split screen multiplayer available on ZP2 for the PS3, and online multiplayer that allow you to set parameters for a game such as what score to play to and ball loss penalties.

13. WHEN does Zen Pinball 2 release?

We are hoping to have Zen Pinball 2 out in May!

14. I live in Europe! When do I get to play?

Zen Pinball 2 will release in Europe and North America during the same week.

15. Are there any new tables coming to Zen Pinball 2?

Yes! Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles will release with Zen Pinball 2. This new four table pack includes World War Hulk, Fear Itself, The Infinity Gauntlet, and Marvel’s The Avengers, based on the new movie from Marvel Entertainment.

16. Will there be DLC for Zen Pinball 2?

Of course! We will be supporting Zen Pinball 2 with regular DLC updates!

Yes! Will get this day 1 for sure. I have to say, I bought Pinball Arcade the other day and can not recommend it enough. Theater of Magic alone is worth $10. Can't wait until they add Medieval Madness to the Vita version. I'm about to order the two PSP pinball titles as well. I've been kind of nuts about pinball recently haha.

Edit: Is this game the same thing as Marvel Pinball? I know that was announced for Vita but is it a stand alone title or do you get the tables in Zen Pinball?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/04/five-cool-things-about-marvels-the-avengers-pinball/
6994998750_1c35cd6383_z.jpg

It’s a truly historic day here at the House of Ideas, as Marvel’s The Avengers is finally making its way to American theaters. I’ve seen it. It’s awesome. I’m pretty sure you’ll agree with me soon. (Maybe you already do.)

As Interactive Manager at Marvel, it’s been my pleasure to work with Zen Studios on the video-pinball adaptation of the film, which, as one of four great tables in Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles, should be headed your way in just a few weeks. It looks a little something like this…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZbyHf9ZmHA

Cool trailer, I know, but you can see it pretty much anywhere. When Sid Shuman and Jeff Rubenstein – who preside over the PlayStation Blog with legendary Thanos-ian tyranny – demanded I present “a li’l somethin’ extra for our minions,” who was I to say no? So, here you have it, my fellow peons – five cool things about “Marvel’s The Avengers” pinball…

6994999032_7f58c1aa62_z.jpg

5) Zen Pinball 2!
“Marvel’s The Avengers” and the other three tables within the Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles four-pack help to usher in Zen’s new PlayStation pinball platform on the same launch date (best I can give you now: “soon”). You can read all the details here, but the basics you need to know are 1) it houses all past Marvel Pinball and Zen Pinball titles under one virtual roof, 2) it does more stuff than those other two titles, and 3) you can switch between playing on PS3 and Vita at no extra charge. Excelsior, indeed.

7141089673_c94208118c_z.jpg

4) Real Movie Assets
See that Quinjet? And those 3D character models? Oh, and those S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors with all sorts of high-tech-looking pictures of countries and stuff (you may have gotten a better look at Comic-Con)? They’re all taken directly from digital assets used in the film. So, that is the Quinjet. Those are Iron Man and Hulk. Those are the same S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors with all sorts of high-tech-looking pictures of countries and stuff.

7141089761_c09cd9a9fd_z.jpg

3) You’re Not Just a Ball – You’re a Character…in the Form of a Ball
In terms of sheer gameplay, this is what makes “Marvel’s The Avengers” one of the most unique video pinball tables you’ll ever play. As you may have noticed, none of the screenshots feature a traditional silver ball for this table – that’s because no traditional silver balls exist at any time while you play. Instead, an Avenger of your choosing – represented by the balls you see above – is dropped right into the thick of things, each boasting his or her own unique buffs based on character specialties. (My personal favorite: An exclusive bonus to the skillshot when you’re Hawkeye.) I look forward to watching the Zen Studios forums and seeing how sequence of Avenger selection affects the battle plan for all the hardcore Zen fans out there.

7141089615_b7460ea919_z.jpg

2) Thor vs. Hulk!
‘Nuff said.

7141089839_14641f1d38_z.jpg

1) Movie Guys Helped Make It
This table was a true team effort. In addition to our games group here at Marvel and, most especially, the immense talent at Zen Studios, “Marvel’s The Avengers” features what may very well be a video pinball first – actual filmmaker involvement.

One of the coolest parts of the development experience for me was shooting ideas around with Executive Producer Jeremy Latcham, Creative Manager of R&D Will Corona Pilgrim and few others of Marvel Studios’ finest. They were genuinely enthused about the process, and I credit them fully with coming up with inspiring some of the missions, as well as the idea of having the Helicarrier act as the setting for the board. Once things were in full swing, Will was especially helpful, providing detailed feedback on everything from character animations to the minute details of the table’s script.

All told, the film team provided some invaluable ideas and feedback. You can tell there’s a lot of talent there – the type that’s capable of creating what very well may be the best super hero movie ever, I’d say…

[quote name='handsomepete']geez just release and take my money already[/QUOTE]

This.

They really need to release it soon, especially with all the hype from the new Avengers movie (which was AMAZING!).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/15/zen-studios-at-e3-kickbeat-gameplay-zen-pinball-2-update/

An update on Zen Pinball 2:
The next few weeks will be very busy for pinball. The new Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles pack will release next week, and we will have some detailed info to share on Monday (along with a NEW trailer). Zen Pinball 2 should be out in mid-late July for PS3 and PS Vita. We also want to give a big thanks to our friends at PlayStation for showcasing Zen Pinball 2 on PS Vita in their E3 booth.

So marvel is supposed to be out? When I do a search the store only pulled up the MvC games and add ons in the Vita store

Seriously, what is the name for the marvel pinball. On the vita store, the only marvel anything is MvC.

I can find it on my 3ds just fine. Even searching for pinball on only pulls up the pinball arcade, and zens own site says it was to release in June on PSN

The full announcement that I got in my inbox:
Zen Studios, the definitive leader in videogame pinball, is pleased to announce that Zen Pinball 2 for the PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system will release on September 4, 2012 via PlayStation®Network.

Additionally, a brand new table based on one of PopCap Games’ mega hits will accompany the release of Zen Pinball 2 as downloadable content. This mystery table will be fully revealed later this month at PAX Prime, and playable in the PopCap PAX booth. The table will also release on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for Pinball FX2™ on September 5, 2012.

Zen Pinball 2 features an abundance of exciting new features and updates. Best of all, Zen Pinball 2 is a free update for existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners, while new users can download the pinball platform and try every pinball table for free before deciding to purchase.

Additionally, players will enjoy cross-platform entitlement and any Zen Pinball 2 purchase will entitle players to both the PS3 and PS®Vita versions at no additional charge.

Zen Pinball 2 Key Features:

• PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system cross-platform entitlement including shared global leaderboards, online friend challenges and tournaments
  • Zen Pinball 2 will launch with twenty-six tables!
  • The most advanced ball physics simulation to date
  • Compete against other players to achieve the highest ProScore™, and team up with your friends to increase your TeamScore™
  • Exceptional visuals in full 3D on 3D compatible TV sets
  • Free, fully playable demos for all available tables
  • Exciting multiplayer modes, including local split-screen and hotseat multiplayer, online, and worldwide tournaments
  • New tables released regularly through the PlayStation®Store
  • Share your scores on Facebook
  • New rule sheet format to help you achieve higher scores
  • New trophies for each table

[quote name='6er']Seriously, what is the name for the marvel pinball. On the vita store, the only marvel anything is MvC.

I can find it on my 3ds just fine. Even searching for pinball on only pulls up the pinball arcade, and zens own site says it was to release in June on PSN[/QUOTE]
Surprised you went to all of that work and couldn't look up a few posts. It's not out yet, which is why this thread was bumped up for the release announcement.

Sorry, didn't realize I am supposed assume they have their head up their butt and nothing they say is accurate? Sorry, I don't follow the company, I didn't know they were cousins to Valve.

"Best of all, Zen Pinball 2 is a free update for existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners"

How the crap will it upgrade something that isn't out, nor will be out befores out. Their marketing department must be outsourced to their local zoo chimpanzee's.

Imagine:
The PS5 will be a free update to the PS4 which releases on the same day

[quote name='6er']Why am I supposed assume they have their head up their butt and .nothing they say is accurate? Sorry, I don't follow the company, I didn't know they were cousins to Valve.[/quote]
I'm sorry, but I don't know what that has to do with browsing this thread.

[quote name='6er']"Best of all, Zen Pinball 2 is a free update for existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners"

How the crap will it upgrade something that isn't out, nor will be out befores out. Their marketing department must be outsourced to their local zoo chimpanzee's.

Imagine:
The PS5 will be a free update to the PS4 which releases on the same day[/QUOTE]
They're talking about the PS3 version in that part since that's the only place where there would be Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/16/hands-on-at-gamescom-zen-pinball-2-on-ps-vita/

Jeff Rubenstein posted his impressions of the latest build from Gamescom:
If you’re a regular PlayStation.Blogcast listener, you’re probably sick to death of hearing about how much we’ve been playing and enjoying The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PS Vita. Farsight’s pinball simulator faithfully recreates the experience of playing some of pinball’s greatest tables, many of which are quite difficult to find in the real world.

Zen Studios has taken a different tack since debuting on PS3 (via PSN) in 2009 – the tables featured in Zen Pinball don’t exist in some decrepit arcade or collector’s garage. These fanciful pinball experiences don’t – and simply couldn’t – exist in real life.

Now Zen is upgrading the “platform” for these tables – meaning the physics engine, visuals, and social media experience – with Zen Pinball 2, coming to both PS3 and PS Vita for free next month. I was lucky enough to be sharing a flight out to Cologne for gamescom with someone from the Zen PR team, who handed me a PS Vita loaded with a nearly complete version of the game.

With The Pinball Arcade fresh in my mind, I slipped back into the Zen state of pinball, which has a decidedly different feel. Zen’s pinballs themselves feel a bit lighter than in The Pinball Arcade, leading to longer games. That makes sense – real world pinball tables are there to keep you pumping quarters into the machine; clearly, that’s not a concern here. Even when playing a table in Zen Pinball 2 for the first time, I felt like I was pretty good at it, though that likely means that true mastery will mean posting ridiculously high scores on the leaderboards.

The tables available on this build are all currently available for PS3 via Zen Pinball, so I’ll focus here on how Zen Pinball 2 fares on PS Vita. The visuals are clear and sharp on the OLED screen; while the tables aren’t real, some of them look like they could be. There are a multitude of playing angles available, and you can turn the PS Vita unit vertical to instantly get a more natural playing view. While The Pinball Arcade offers this feature, I found it difficult to use in practice. However, Zen’s friendlier physics make the touchscreen flipper controls a more viable playing option. As you might expect, Zen Pinball 2 offers touchscreen options for all the menus as well. There’s also a pass-and-play multiplayer mode for up to four people, which operates much like you’d expect to play in the arcade.

Two of the biggest draws for the Zen Pinball universe remain in the sequel: licensed tables and crazy stuff going down on said tables. The Marvel universe is well represented, with 13 tables currently available including several notable comic heroes. The worlds of Street Fighter and Ninja Gaiden are represented, and Zen has promised a mystery Popcap collaboration as well.

What happens on those imaginary pinball tables really sets Zen Pinball 2 apart: Aliens abduct your ball on the Paranormal table. A Blanka figurine crackles with electricity on the Super Street Fighter II table. Zemo and Red Skull battle it out with Captain America along the edge of his table. The Avengers is the most ambitious – you choose a character-specific ball (Iron Man, Black Widow, etc) and carry out missions specific to that hero. Oh, and the entire table is the SHIELD Helicarrier from the movie, slowly gliding over a city.

On PS Vita, I found Zen Pinball 2 to be the Yin to Pinball Arcade’s Yang. What it lacks in realistic feel, it more than makes up for in variety and fantastical sequences across its 26 tables. As us pinball devotees find in-person pinball experiences harder and harder to come by, Zen Pinball 2 is another great, inexpensive way to get that flipper fix. If you own any Zen Pinball or Marvel Pinball tables, getting Zen Pinball 2 is a no-brainer.

The new platform is a free download, and you’ll be able to import previously purchased tables from within the app, where you’ll find new Trophies to earn. Zen Pinball 2 and the new Popcap table will be available to download via PSN on September 4th.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBZgwVLlxck

Just waiting for the Vita version, then I can upgrade my Marvel and Avengers tables and enjoy some pinball in bed and on the go.

So if I bought all tables in one go, how much would that be? Anybody care to add it all up for me. Cause I'm gomna buy em all in one quick swoop. I already own em all on Xbox, just want em portable.

I'm curious to see if anything will be on sale for PS+ members on Tuesday...I wouldn't mind stocking up on some tables.

[quote name='SynGamer']I'm curious to see if anything will be on sale for PS+ members on Tuesday...I wouldn't mind stocking up on some tables.[/QUOTE]

That would be fantastic and would easily tempt me to pick up some of the tables i have on XBLA. For now I am in for the latest Marvel pack and the PvZ table. Anxious to see how this plays on Vita.

bread's done
Back