Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo The Complete Series, Part 1 $24.99

Well, from my understanding, this is 38 episodes, around half the series, so you aren't getting screwed too badly. Bo7 is worth two payments.

was planning on picking this up... but apparently they didn't actually put subtitles on it...

I could care less about a dubbed track but I do like my subtitles.

[quote name='shrike4242']Seems a little problematic to have a title that says "complete series", except it is just part 1. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol... I have no idea what this show is so I looked at the AZ link and thought it was cheesy that you would sell something as a "complete series" but Part 1 of X as well.

[quote name='shrike4242']Seems a little problematic to have a title that says "complete series", except it is just part 1. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol my thoughts exactly!

There is only 70 something eps so part 2 will cover the rest. I want to get these but the fact it doesn't have the sub even when the company said it would burns me up.

From the link: Format: Box set, Color, Dubbed, DVD, NTSC, Subtitled

Take that as you will. Personally, I think a dub works better for comedy, you wouldn't get most of the Japanese jokes anyway.

Was this really only 70 episodes long? Did they cut this short or was the manga like this too? This show was a trip when I watched it but I despise dubbing of the tracks. Something is definitely lost in translation joke-wise and if this doesn't include the original Japanese audio then that's a no-deal.

I hear there is a Japanese dub included but no subs is a wtf for me. I want to compare the dub to the sub script. Lol I can't ready it it's in Japanese.

[quote name='shadow17x']Was this really only 70 episodes long? Did they cut this short or was the manga like this too?[/QUOTE]

The series got cancelled in Japan before it could finish the manga's story. I hear there is an ending, but it's not the kind you would hope for.

Anyway, my copy has already shipped, it's in Martinsburg, WV now with an ETA of Friday. I'll let you guys know if there's a sub or not.

I want confirmation of the Japanese voices are in and that the quality of the footage doesn't suck. 38 EPS on 4 disks sounds like bootleg quality to me

Edit! Apparently the subs are located on disk 4 in PDF form... I 'll order it again I guess. Ill probably watch the englsih dub only anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='snowmint']Edit! Apparently the subs are located on disk 4 in PDF form... I 'll order it again I guess. Ill probably watch the englsih dub only anyway.[/QUOTE]

XD

I wonder if I can get S'more Entertainment to replace my DVDs. Of course, they haven't even arrived yet, but I'm sensing some trouble. One dude said that the discs only worked once for him, then wouldn't boot up again.

[quote name='G-Nitro']I got in my copy today and it states that it has Japanese with English subs on the box[/QUOTE]

So no dubbed version? I thought they did all of the episodes dubbed? I still may get this cause I liked it back when it was on Toonami (#BringBackToonami).

Bobobo-bo-Bo-bobo-post.jpg

If your a fan please buy. The company releasing these sets said that the final part 2 should be release around September 2012. I want part 2 to be real so I can own Denbo Chan and HJSP ending 3 pictured above in my DVD collection.

I really wanted to buy this but having a Japanese track with no subs is a half-ass set to me. And why have the subtitles / translations script on a PDF? No thanks, I'LL PASS ON THIS! :(

I own some large volume of the manga where they fight the king or whatever in an amusement park, and it's just way too ridiculous and incoherent. Every frame is a completely different setting and every character is practically invincible because of how random it is. I just don't get high enough to want this. :lol:

The companies facebook said subs weren't supposed to be included at all because the subtitle track material doesn't exist for all the eps. The sub titled listing was a mistake according to them. I'll keep my Amazon order so I can have part 2 in the future. I hope its fully uncut with JP text and next ep previews.

That's Toei for you. Always screwing us fans here in the USA just like they did with the DragonBall, and DragonBall Z not providing FUNimation with the episode previews with the original Japanese audio. SCREW YOU TOEI!!

Also, I thought the subs were coming from S'more Entertainment not TOEI. Aghhh! I wish FUNimation would've liecensed the series instead.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']So no dubbed version? I thought they did all of the episodes dubbed? I still may get this cause I liked it back when it was on Toonami (#BringBackToonami).[/QUOTE]

There's a dub, but that wasn't what people were asking, so I didn't confirm that part. lol

I ordered this last Tuesday from Amazon, yet they said it will ship next week. Whatever.

Anyway, I loved this show. I bought the Illumitoon DVD's when they first came out and the replacement disc (I still have the letter Illumitoon sent with the replacement). I find it very odd that these discs don't have a subtitle track even though Illumitoon's did. Anyway some questions:

1. Does this new set include eyecatchers and next episode previews?

2. Are any brick and mortar stores selling this?

3. Are there scene selections and/or a play all feature?

Nevertheless, I'm buying the next set in September (just in time for my birthday). And I will make sure I will have churros by my side when I watch.

CHURROS!!!!

Wait, I'm confused. The dub's on this, right? There's just no subtitles for the JP version?

I didn't know the whole series was dubbed lol although I do remember it being on CN

I guess I'll have to throw the DVDs in today when I get home. I just went off what the back cover says, which is English Dubs and Japanese with subs.

If it truly doesn't have subs, I'll be sending back to Amazon for a full refund due to false advertising, as I don't watch dubs. I'll try to report in if no one else does this evening.

[quote name='MajinStylee']Wait, I'm confused. The dub's on this, right? There's just no subtitles for the JP version?[/QUOTE]

Correct. It has both english & japanese audio tracks. But it does not feature a subtitle feature for the japanese audio track. So unless you can completely understand japanese or want to read the pdf script, that audio track is useless.

Animenewsnetwork.com has a story on this:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...cknowledges-bobobo-bo-bo-bobo-packaging-error

It does seem a little deceptive to mention subtitles before it's release. Then after people get it, say "oh, we didn't include them because it costs too much money". Hopefully Amazon gets enough returns on this that it makes S'More to realize how bad it is to not include subtitle track.

Aw yeah, just got and watched the first two episodes.

For those who have problems with it on their PS3 after the first time, try highlighting the DVD, pressing triangle, then select "Play From Beginning".

Well, I've already packaged my copy back up and it will be shipping back to Amazon tomorrow. Screw this nonsense, and I'll never buy any release from this company in the future. Horrible and blatant false advertising, as I find it hard to believe no one was able to see the box and dvd cases all state English subtitles...

So my copy of Part 1 arrived and sure enough there are no English subtitles. I think they should of at least had closed captioning for the hard of hearing. Even though it wouldn't be a literal translation of the Japanese track, it still would have been nice to have something to read as even Illumitoon's releases did this. The PDF idea is ... interesting, but it's too bad they couldn't just copy and paste the material onto the DVD(s). In addition, how come there was no PDF translation to the lyrics to songs like Wild Challenger? I will admit it was interesting to see the episode as a script but having it on screen would have been better.

Aside from that, I LOVE what S'More did with this set.

While Illumitoon had the same menu on each DVD (one second animation in a loop with setup problems ranging from overblaring sound to menus freezing), each disc has an animated menu featuring a different character with episode clips running in the background. Everything loads instantly and it's easy to navigate. I also like how each case has an insert with episode titles and art - something Illumitoon releases did not have (although they did have early concept art in their extras menu).

I don't know how they did it, but yeah they have 8-10 episodes on each DVD and they look and sound great (no static on Episode 3 like on the Illumitoon disc). I did notice some pixels on the screen at times, but that was only because I was very close to the screen. If you're six feet away or more from the TV set, you won't notice any problems. Also, eyecatchers and openings/closers are all here. Nothing is missing footage wise (baka survivor baby).

S'More mentioned subtitles and didn't have them, yet they added something yet didn't mention it anywhere on the discs or the cases. I'm referring to scene selections (usually 3) which can be activated on your remote control yet do not appear on the episode menu.

I don't know if this counts as an easter egg or not, but I thought it was funny that they placed a chapter scene selection at the beginning of an episode of "Bobobo Theater" when an episode has that segment. Otherwise, they occur at the beginning of each episode and the eyecatcher halfway through.

Overall, I'm very happy with S'More's treatment of Bobobo. This by no means looks, plays, or is packaged like a bootleg (the packaging alone makes it better than Illumitoon) and was well worth $25. If I was more of a sub guy than a dub guy I would be angry. Yet if you liked watching Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo on Cartoon Network, there's no reason why you shouldn't buy this.

P.S. : This was released in DVD format only. However, if you watch after the last episode of each disc, you will see that the discs were made by "Left Coast Regional: Blu Ray Authoring Encoding Editing Design". I wouldn't be surprised if they re-release this in the future as a Blu-Ray with subtitles intact.

bread's done
Back