* * * * - 6 votes

The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

#2461 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1355 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2020 - 05:39 PM

I didn't even know Gamestop still did conversions. Since this thread hasn't been bumped in almost two years, I thought conversions were dead. That and our resident informer is MIA.

You sure? Some of those came out very recently.

I know both Psyvariar Delta and Penguin Wars are converted new to used it happed about a month ago 

#2462 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13391 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:19 PM

Some other recent ones that I picked up:

Reel Fishing Road Trip Adventure (PS4 - $9.99, not sure of Switch)

The Fisherman - Fishing Planet (PS4 - $9.99, this is still near $40 on Amazon)

Root Letter: Last Answer (PS4 - $14.99, Switch - $19.99, Launch edition with artbook)

There were many more as well and some have already been listed here before my post.  A lot of them are eligible for the 4/$20.  Also, Gamestop has gone back to using easy to remove price stickers so kudos to that.

#2463 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7090 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:21 PM

The Kingdom Hearts 3 Deluxe Edition converted a few weeks ago as well.  Most stores by me kept the big box, steelbook & pin so if someone wanted to be "that guy" you could always return just the game and keep the bonus goodies.  

#2464 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 08 February 2020 - 02:26 PM

Some other recent ones that I picked up:

Reel Fishing Road Trip Adventure (PS4 - $9.99, not sure of Switch)
The Fisherman - Fishing Planet (PS4 - $9.99, this is still near $40 on Amazon)
Root Letter: Last Answer (PS4 - $14.99, Switch - $19.99, Launch edition with artbook)

There were many more as well and some have already been listed here before my post. A lot of them are eligible for the 4/$20. Also, Gamestop has gone back to using easy to remove price stickers so kudos to that.

Is it true that the Fisherman fishing planet is an online only game, meaning you have to be connected to play? Heard that was the case which for me is a dealbreaker.

#2465 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8332 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2020 - 02:32 PM

Is it true that the Fisherman fishing planet is an online only game, meaning you have to be connected to play? Heard that was the case which for me is a dealbreaker.

I read that on the case the other day when I had to decide between that one and Reel Fishing since I was at an out-of-the-way GameStop store.  Ultimately, I left Fisherman there.  I haven't played Reel Fishing yet, but I still don't know if I made the right decision on that one.  

Edit: I just read a review that said that it's basically the free-to-play PC game Fishing Planet with all of the paid DLC included.  There are missions that are doled out if you are online.  Again, not sure if it's worth it or not.

#2466 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14997 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:21 PM

Did the Baldur’s Gate Collection get converted also?

#2467 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11489 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:02 PM

Did the Baldur’s Gate Collection get converted also?

I still see new copies for :xb1: here and there.

Also, GS seems to have this game for much less than everywhere else for some reason...

#2468 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   865 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 14 February 2020 - 04:58 PM

I still see new copies for :xb1: here and there.

Also, GS seems to have this game for much less than everywhere else for some reason...

The Planescape/Icewind Dale collection is 20 bucks there, too.

#2469 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11489 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 23 February 2020 - 07:33 PM

The Planescape/Icewind Dale collection is 20 bucks there, too.

If I weren't balls deep into another game, I would scoop up both of these sets. Planescape is such a good game, although I haven't seen how good this release looks yet.

#2470 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:49 AM

I read that on the case the other day when I had to decide between that one and Reel Fishing since I was at an out-of-the-way GameStop store.  Ultimately, I left Fisherman there.  I haven't played Reel Fishing yet, but I still don't know if I made the right decision on that one.  

Edit: I just read a review that said that it's basically the free-to-play PC game Fishing Planet with all of the paid DLC included.  There are missions that are doled out if you are online.  Again, not sure if it's worth it or not.

Thanks. The developer confirmed there is no offline mode. That's a dealbreaker for me.

#2471 gldndomer  

Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:29 AM

I can confirm it is online only. I purchased it from GS last week. Updated it. Tried to boot it and it said internet connection requried. Couldn't even start the game. Promptly traded it back in. Played the Fishing Sim World on Xbox Gamepass instead.

#2472 jrc84  

Posted 07 March 2020 - 09:36 PM

Monster Hunter World

Picked up a copy yesterday in a 4/$20 bundle and the girl gave me a sealed copy explaining they had converted it to used. 

Ordered Baldur's Gate and Planescape last month new. Planescape was sealed but Baldur's must have been a display so I returned it. $19.99 each, I did see Baldur's Gate online (Amazon I believe) for $19.99 but both those games seem to run way more everywhere but GS for some reason.

#2473 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14997 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2020 - 05:48 AM

Frostpunk may of converted recently. Victor Vran did convert previously.

#2474 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10738 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2020 - 06:33 PM

Some games below are no longer part of 4/20 deal, sadly

Fisherman Planet
Monster Hunter World
Mortal Kombat X

I did notice Infamous SS is part of the $9.99 sale this wk.

#2475 EndOfGreen  

EndOfGreen

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:02 PM

Grabbed Mafia 3 PS4 at a local store as part of the 50% sale to return the shitty copy they sent me, and found out it was still sealed when I got home. Had a preowned tag from September, so guess it's been sitting there a long time lol.

Anyone have any luck with any other games recently? I know the warehouse sometimes sends you them with the plastic wrap off but security sticker still on (for XB1), but I'm hoping for completely sealed.

#2476 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7090 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2020 - 11:33 AM

Not sure about Xbox but the PS4 Borderlands 3 Steelbook Gold Edition converted last week.  Been seeing a bunch around town dated 7/29 and they have the DLC codes so they are most likely un-used.

#2477 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2020 - 06:38 PM

Purchased the :switch:  Borderlands Collection on a whim to see if it was converted to new -> and can confirm at least the copy I got from the warehouse in TX ( along with 3 copies of Civ VI!  ;) ) I think it helps to force an order from TX by adding a retro game.

$9.99+tax shipped for a game you can trade back in next +$5 for ~$10.50 and keep BL2 and BL:PS. (Don't need to keep the cart inside to play) Bonus 230 gold coins as well (30 for BL1, 200 for the others as seen below) 

z8jNv7x.png

#2478 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2020 - 10:49 PM

All 5 copies of :switch: Catherine: Full Body ($10.49/ea) finally came via Fedex with original art and keychain unredeemed gold coins (50x5) Seemed converted to me!   :dunce:

Unfortunately, it seems 3/5 Persona Royal Steelbook preowned (Which I think was converted a few months ago) actually came with the steelbook, and one was missing the sleeve. Ahh well  :oops:

#2479 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6463 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2020 - 01:59 AM

All 5 copies of :switch: Catherine: Full Body ($10.49/ea) finally came via Fedex with original art and keychain unredeemed gold coins (50x5) Seemed converted to me!   :dunce:

Unfortunately, it seems 3/5 Persona Royal Steelbook preowned (Which I think was converted a few months ago) actually came with the steelbook, and one was missing the sleeve. Ahh well  :oops:

i wouldve gotten one if i knew about it.