* * * * - 6 votes

The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

#2461 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   742 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2020 - 05:39 PM

I didn't even know Gamestop still did conversions. Since this thread hasn't been bumped in almost two years, I thought conversions were dead. That and our resident informer is MIA.

You sure? Some of those came out very recently.

I know both Psyvariar Delta and Penguin Wars are converted new to used it happed about a month ago 

#2462 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13021 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:19 PM

Some other recent ones that I picked up:

Reel Fishing Road Trip Adventure (PS4 - $9.99, not sure of Switch)

The Fisherman - Fishing Planet (PS4 - $9.99, this is still near $40 on Amazon)

Root Letter: Last Answer (PS4 - $14.99, Switch - $19.99, Launch edition with artbook)

There were many more as well and some have already been listed here before my post.  A lot of them are eligible for the 4/$20.  Also, Gamestop has gone back to using easy to remove price stickers so kudos to that.

#2463 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7043 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:21 PM

The Kingdom Hearts 3 Deluxe Edition converted a few weeks ago as well.  Most stores by me kept the big box, steelbook & pin so if someone wanted to be "that guy" you could always return just the game and keep the bonus goodies.  

#2464 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2764 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 08 February 2020 - 02:26 PM

Some other recent ones that I picked up:

Reel Fishing Road Trip Adventure (PS4 - $9.99, not sure of Switch)
The Fisherman - Fishing Planet (PS4 - $9.99, this is still near $40 on Amazon)
Root Letter: Last Answer (PS4 - $14.99, Switch - $19.99, Launch edition with artbook)

There were many more as well and some have already been listed here before my post. A lot of them are eligible for the 4/$20. Also, Gamestop has gone back to using easy to remove price stickers so kudos to that.

Is it true that the Fisherman fishing planet is an online only game, meaning you have to be connected to play? Heard that was the case which for me is a dealbreaker.

#2465 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7409 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2020 - 02:32 PM

Is it true that the Fisherman fishing planet is an online only game, meaning you have to be connected to play? Heard that was the case which for me is a dealbreaker.

I read that on the case the other day when I had to decide between that one and Reel Fishing since I was at an out-of-the-way GameStop store.  Ultimately, I left Fisherman there.  I haven't played Reel Fishing yet, but I still don't know if I made the right decision on that one.  

Edit: I just read a review that said that it's basically the free-to-play PC game Fishing Planet with all of the paid DLC included.  There are missions that are doled out if you are online.  Again, not sure if it's worth it or not.

#2466 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14622 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:21 PM

Did the Baldur’s Gate Collection get converted also?

#2467 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10870 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:02 PM

Did the Baldur’s Gate Collection get converted also?

I still see new copies for :xb1: here and there.

Also, GS seems to have this game for much less than everywhere else for some reason...

#2468 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   695 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 14 February 2020 - 04:58 PM

I still see new copies for :xb1: here and there.

Also, GS seems to have this game for much less than everywhere else for some reason...

The Planescape/Icewind Dale collection is 20 bucks there, too.