Vita PSN - Treasures of Montezuma Blitz - Freemium Puzzle Game - Now With Trophies!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Yes trophies.

psv-game-6015-ssm20.jpg

Completely free for life to download and play!

Treasures of Montezuma Blitz is a stunning shiny new puzzle game, using the featuring the unique abilities of PlayStation Vita System to deliver to you a fresh experience of the new-age fun! With both Front and Rear Touchscreens at your fingertips, there will be no limits to your speed, and Motion Sensor for gravity adds even more spice to the fast-paced rounds of the game.

Get better, earn more Crystals and use them to acquire the staggering Bonuses and ancient Totems aid you in to successfully competing with your friends in challenging weekly Tournaments!

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/Treasures+of+Montezuma+Blitz/news.asp?c=36618

What's not free?
What elements will you charge for via IAP?

SPL: There are three elements.

Lives - the number of tries player has for continuous play. We limit the number of attempts a player can have in a row without pausing for balance purposes. They refill gradually over time, but players can refill them instantly for a small price (cost 99c).

Scratchcard - an additional try at the daily bonus mini game. Players are given one for free on a daily basis, but further attempts cost some money (99c).

Crystals - the game's virtual currency, which is used to rent various bonuses and buy upgrades. These come in various packs from 3,000 Crystals for $2.99 to 100,000 Crystals for $19.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have all 3 Treasures of Montezuma games for PC (and one for android/Kindle), and they're great casual matching games. I do wish this new one wasn't a "freemium" version, as I prefer full versions of games (without the in-game purchase crap), but I understand why the developer went in this direction.

For anyone who likes these types of matching games, you should try Treasures of Montezuma 2 for PC; one of the best games of this type out there, and only $7 to buy digitally. Treasures 3 is good, but the rounds are much shorter. I prefer 2 for the longer rounds.

I'm number one out of my friends.
Take that Frisky!

I was hoping this had trophies.
Interesting to see a game without.
I also got lucky and the first scratch card gave me 6000 jewels.

I was just trying to beat Shipwreck's time since he was whining about it asking about logging in to PSN and he deleted it for that, so now I'm going to have to set my sights on you.

If anybody wants a tip on doing well, you're not doing well if you're not constantly making matches. It does its best to punish you for doing too well with dark mode.

If you find yourself low on crystals and the game doesn't seem to want to let you play, just unequip your bonuses since they cost crystals to use them.

[quote name='dallow']I'm number one out of my friends.
Take that Frisky!
[/QUOTE]

Ok I almost caught Frisky so I can understand that one ... but how did you get that score :whistle2:s

Even on a round where I felt like I was making constant matches I didnt even come close. And I hate that darkness mode that comes in .. had a great game going then the darkness came and that was that.

If you're playing this, definitely share your winnings on Near so that friends can get in on the bonus crystals since they're hard enough to build up as it is. I know I've gotten a couple hundred and a thousand from dallow the two times I've gotten them. You don't lose your own winnings, so there's nothing for you to lose besides a minute to do a near update and return to the game.

I was curious to find out how long the wait is to get new hearts, so I did a test to see how long it took from the second that I used up my last heart while playing through the five lives that I had stored up. It took about five minutes and 24 seconds to replenish each heart, which is about 27 minutes to get a full set of hearts. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer to reload while the game is on compared to running in the background or with a fresh start, though I'm not sure how to best test that.

Also, it seems like this tournament thing they're doing causes the leaderboards to be reset each week, so I've got the top score again. :cool:

Update 1.60 is out now. It adds trophies, tweak leveling, faster heart refills, and lots of other stuff.

Patch Notes:
  • SPL logo change.
  • Automatic hunt after player being inactive for 3s on game screen.
  • Round end timer signal now starts 10s before round end, if the player extends the remaining round time above 10s, it silences, and starts over again 10s before the end. When time signal sounds, the time indicator pulses.
  • Leveling up became more easy.
  • Tap on the Friends list on the main screen now brings up Leaderboards.
  • Swipe-scroll added.
  • Player highlight color changed. Friends' highlight in Global leaderboards color changed.
  • Player's profile can be viewed from Global leaderboards by pressing the Info button, and a friend request can be sent from profile.
  • Bonus slots and their contents are now moved to center of the Start screen. Tapping the slot leads to the shop.
  • PS Store button added to the Start screen, which the preceding confirmation screen.
  • LiveArea content zone gets new buttons, one leading to the Crystals section of the Store, and the other to the game blog. Privacy Policy and Terms of Service button location changed.
  • Pressing crystals and lives icons on the Start screen now brings up explanation of their meaning and possibility to open the Store.
  • The Minus button for fast clearing of the Slots on the Start screen.
  • Tapping on the tournament info brings up the explanation of the tournament meaning.
  • Improved Tutorial.
  • Congratulatory visual effects on winning the minigame.
  • Prizes are given for first 3 positions in the tournament, with description, prize consisting of lives and crystals, and visual effects.
  • Unused minigame appears again if the game was restored from fold and internet connection is live.
  • All news of winnings are shared both to near and LiveArea.
  • Life regeneration is progressive, level-dependent, and shorter for lower levels.
  • Crystals purchase prompt changed to explain that player can earn them in game as well.
  • All bonuses currently used by player appear on the board simultaneously.
  • Trophy Pack added.
  • Entitlement names in the Store to be shortened to ToM Blitz.
  • Bonus info screen now features the "rent for" line to make clear that bonuses are rented, not bought.
  • Crystal purchase prompt now features, along with explanation that crystals can be earned in game, the clear button that clears slots of all used bonuses.
  • For bonuses still unavailable the rent price is not shown.
  • New entitlement added: unlimited life for 1 day. Also, all lives are restored on levelup.
  • Friends list now shows friends' levels.
  • If player is offline, a daily check is performed and a prompt to connect is brought up. Also, similar check is performed at the end of the tournament. This is done to ensure that player does not miss daily minigame or tournament results by accident.
  • Tapping on siggurats and medals brings up info about them.
  • All players are rewarded for position in the Global leaderboards at the end of the tournament, based on their highscores.
  • New crystal packs of 1,000 and 1,000,000 crystals.
  • Number of connection screens reduced to 3.
  • Shorter pack names are in order for larder numbers 100k Crystals, 1m Crystals.
  • If the player has not been in the game for more than 24 hours, we give double XP and small amount of crystals, and explain this in a pop-up. The more days player has not been in the game, the more double XP rounds and the more crystal is received.
  • Extended help on Knockout and Dark modes.
  • On round end, play button is added onto Results screen to play again.
  • Game icon update.
  • Lower price on slot unlock.
  • Different icons for crystal pack in the Store.
  • Better text formatting in the Results screen.
  • Added Server Maintenance popup. If the server is undergoing works, an info popup is brought up to tell player that some of the online functions will be unavailable for a short time.
  • Loading tips.
  • Countdown at the round start is 50% slower.
  • The ranking and ziggurats are now counted correctly.
  • Life refill became more fluent.

Trophies for a free game? Yes sir. Thanks for the heads up, Frisky.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really enjoying the new tweaks, as it's a lot more flexible with leveling and regenerating hearts while also giving out more crystals and rewards than they did before.

this update was well done, holy cats. Been playing all night, got my first million point game and a small army of trophies (hope they get the trophies to sync someday). No idea how folks are able to pull off the bajillion point games, but hopefully I'll find out. I may just not be awesome enough.

I waste a lot of time playing this game, and it would be more fun if I had more PSN friends that played it, so if anyone that plays this wants to add me, that would be great.

My PSN is JadeNic.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you're playing this, definitely share your winnings on Near so that friends can get in on the bonus crystals since they're hard enough to build up as it is. I know I've gotten a couple hundred and a thousand from dallow the two times I've gotten them. You don't lose your own winnings, so there's nothing for you to lose besides a minute to do a near update and return to the game.[/QUOTE]

Ack, I just read this - I thought the "Share" button was only to post it on Facebook or something.

Does anyone have tips for knockout mode? I end up just using the rear touch pad like a crazed idiot on a typewriter (I do something similar in dark mode), but I figure there must be some sort of _actual_ strategy to it. I can't poke anything with accuracy so I don't think I could just use it to get rid of problem areas.

Not sure why I enjoy this game so much, but I do. I have exactly one crown / star left to get in HSG and I head over to this whenever I get frustrated.

I really wish with the latest update it reflected the older stats, like highest score and total time spent playing. Oh well. If anyone needs another person on their friends list, add me, season187. i need more crystals and competition. :)

Something went terribly wrong with Blitz last night:
2012-07-29-105817.jpg
It wouldn't stop telling me that I'd been gone for a day and kept adding 1 heart and 300 jewel things to my score.

[quote name='handsomepete']looks like ToM trophies sync since update 1.80, so now you can have that permanent record of not getting the Nuclear Blast trophy.[/QUOTE]

And I will just needlessly self quote this and add this:

2012-09-12-205932.jpg

The countdown to lives keeps getting longer on me, it is at 6 minutes, 15 seconds

anyone know what affects the live countdown?

bread's done
Back