Future Shop Best Buy Game Flyers April 13-19

MikeFightNight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I read a post a little while ago complaining people don't post many deals anymore. I get Best Buy and Future shop flyers Wednesday afternoon so I thought I could share the game section. If people find it useful I could continue but if not I won't bother.

alright so same deal we've been going on with. Good post

BestBuy
6zrlgk.jpg

FutureShop
u0w1v.jpg

WalMart
Dragon Age Origins Ultra Edition - $20
16gibyq.jpg

still not sure if I should pick up GTAIV. It's a great deal but I try to not buy games I have no interest in.

[quote name='Wolfkin']wha?? bugger..
so is the online really necessary..[/QUOTE]

Depends on your definition of "necessary". You can play the game through and through independent of any online component and still thoroughly enjoy it. You'll likely lose out on "world tendenciy events" which were hard to catch as is (imho), and you'll lose out on the pvp and co op elements, which can definitetely add to the game, but the game is still amazing without that stuff.

Toys R Us Apr 13-19

- All Disney videogames - $19.99-$24.99, excludes Kinect Disneyland Adventures and Kinect Rush
- Buy 1 Get 1 for half-off - all clearance videogames (of equal or lesser value, prices ending in 1,6,8)

- Nintendo 3DS system - $149.87
- Nintendo Wii - Just Dance 2 - $24.87
- Nintendo Wii - Just Dance Kids 2 - $14.87

- Xbox360 Kinect - Just Dance 3 - $24.87
- Xbox360 Kinect - $129.87
- Xbox360 Holiday Bundle - $249.87
- Xbox360 - Messenger Chat Pad - $24.87
- Xbox360 - Bluetooth Headset - $59.87
- Xbox360 - Wireless Controller - $49.97

[quote name='Wolfkin']wha?? bugger..
so is the online really necessary..[/QUOTE]

If you're a trophy hunter, being able to trade stuff is extremely helpful. There are a few items in the game that have very VERY low drop rates.

Thanks for this. Does anyone have a link for what games qualify for the Trade 2 for Witcher 2 at BestBuy? I was just about to go trade in 3 games at EB tomorrow for a trade 3 but trade 2 sounds much better...

[quote name='fydo']If you're a trophy hunter, being able to trade stuff is extremely helpful. There are a few items in the game that have very VERY low drop rates.[/QUOTE] while I don't like to play games just for the trophies I do hate the idea that I'll never get some trophies b/c of online (Def Jam Rapstar)... this might have to bump up in priority after exams.

Thanks for the post MikeFightNight, I appreciate you getting those scans up.

Walmart has their flyer up as well, all of these for PS3/360:

L.A. Noire - $19.83
The Witcher 2 - $49.83
Fifa 12 - $49.83
Battlefield 3 LE - $39.83
NHL 12 - $39.83
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning - $39.83
SSX - $39.83
Fifa Street - $39.83

Gears of War 3 - $39.83
Forza 4 - $39.83

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wolfkin']alright so same deal we've been going on with. Good post[/QUOTE]

Your pics are too small to make out the price, I would appreciate it if you could post the prices.

[quote name='squirrelmaster']Thanks for the post MikeFightNight, I appreciate you getting those scans up.

L.A. Noire - $19.83
The Witcher 2 - $49.83
Fifa 12 - $49.83
NHL 12 - $39.83
SSX - $39.83
Fifa Street - $39.83

Gears of War 3 - $39.83
Forza 4 - $39.83[/QUOTE]

Count me in for the Witcher 2 at $49.83

[quote name='adayinthelife']I appreciate anyone posting stuff like this as I don't get any flyers delivered. So, thanks![/QUOTE]

Same here. Thanks.

[quote name='Wolfkin']while I don't like to play games just for the trophies I do hate the idea that I'll never get some trophies b/c of online (Def Jam Rapstar)... this might have to bump up in priority after exams.[/QUOTE]

You can get every single trophy in this game without online.

The PvP and co-op are neat, but when I played last year the servers were empty enough that I almost didn't notice.

The thing you'll really lose out on is all of the glowing messages left by people, and the ghostly images of other players' deaths. Those things really added to the creepy atmosphere of the game, and were a big part of what pushed the game from like to love for me.

Great job. $20 to round out my Resistance collection is a no brainer.

Anyone use that Turtle Beach P11 headset? I'm looking for a replacement for the PS2 headset that just fell apart.

[quote name='Mr.']Your pics are too small to make out the price, I would appreciate it if you could post the prices.[/QUOTE]

Even when you click on them and it brings you to the original picture on image shack? I just find scanning easier then looking through the flyers and typing the deals out. If more people feel this way I can start typing them instead.

[quote name='Wolfkin']alright so same deal we've been going on with. Good post

BestBuy
6zrlgk.jpg

FutureShop
u0w1v.jpg

WalMart
Dragon Age Origins Ultra Edition - $20
16gibyq.jpg

still not sure if I should pick up GTAIV. It's a great deal but I try to not buy games I have no interest in.[/QUOTE]

Any chance you could post prices? the images are way too small to see the prices from the receipts.

Depends on what you want it for really, but in general I'd say no, it's not too late, especially with the rumours that the next generation consoles won't be backwards compatible.

[quote name='Nero25']do you guys think its to late to buy a xbox 360, seeing that the new consoles are coming.[/QUOTE]
No, means you'll have a TON of stuff to catch up on

I wouldn't say it's too late ... last time I read about the next console's release date, it was projected for holiday 2013. 18 months (give or take) is plenty of time to get some good use out of it, and publishers will probably support the existing 360 for *at least* a year after that. There are something like 60 million 360 consoles out there, and they won't just shut themselves out of that market because something new came along.

Edit -- Looked it up, as of January this year, there are 66 million consoles:

http://www.slashgear.com/xbox-360-a...inect-nearly-doubling-at-18-million-09207986/

[quote name='Nero25']do you guys think its to late to buy a xbox 360, seeing that the new consoles are coming.[/QUOTE]

If you already have a PS3, research the exclusives. I have both and spend most of my gaming time on the 360 because I like the controller and online service better, BUT I personally think Playstation has better exclusives.

But i agree with the other posters. Never too late. Especially with the Star Wars console out. If you're looking for something more basic, I'd wait for a good bundle sale.

[quote name='thegamecubist']2/$50 PS3 HD remakes looks pretty good. Been wanting ICO/SOTC for a while. FFXIII-2 tanked quick :/[/QUOTE]
Bestbuy still has their 2/$50 sale online. (Link; scroll to bottom and "2 Dual Packs $50")

[quote name='MikeFightNight']Even when you click on them and it brings you to the original picture on image shack? I just find scanning easier then looking through the flyers and typing the deals out. If more people feel this way I can start typing them instead.[/QUOTE]
I think Mr. is just referring to wolfkin's posts with the receipts :)

Shoppers Drug Mart has a 20X the optimum points event (for purchases over $50) for Saturday only. Nothing too special on prices:
$99.99 Xbox 360 kinect sensor
$139.99 Nintendo Wii
$149.99 Nintendo 3DS
$34.99 Each:
Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
Super Mario 3D land (3DS)
$44.99 Mario Party 9 (Wii)
$299.99 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect
$39.99 Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
$44.99 Each:
Dance Central 2 (360)
Kinect Sports Season 2 (360)
$249.99 Playstation Vita
$49.99 Uncharted Golden Abyss(Vita)
$39.99 Mod Nation Racers Roadtrip (Vita)
$39.99 Vita Starter Kit with Memory Card
Vita Memory Cards:
8GB $29.99
16GB $59.99
$249.99 160GB Playstation 3
$54.99 Dualshock 3 controllers
$59.99 Uncharted 3 (PS3)

RCSS

Kinect Sensor - $119.97
Star Wars Kinect - $49.97
360 Wireless Controller (Black or White) - $29.97
250GB 360 - $249.97
Witcher 2 - $59.97
Lego HP Years 5-7 (360, PS3, Wii 3DS) - $24.94

I'm all over price matching Witcher 2 from Walmart at Best Buy and using up some expiring RZ GC's. Thanks Mike and everyone else for posting the flyers.

Can I grab a Best Buy flyer and go across the street to price match the BB sale on UFC 3 at Futureshop? I have a bunch of FS gift cards to use up, just never tried price matching before.

[quote name='triplexpac']Can I grab a Best Buy flyer and go across the street to price match the BB sale on UFC 3 at Futureshop? I have a bunch of FS gift cards to use up, just never tried price matching before.[/QUOTE]

That's it, take the flyer and the game to the cashier and they should do it for you. It's suprisingly very easy...

Totally tangent of a story here, I was behind someone in a Walmart line this week and they were price matching almost everything in their cart, placing the flyer on the belt and the price match items on top, and they must've had 5+ flyers. Knowing that it would take a while I switched lines, and then they lady behind me started doing the same thing. I know it doesn't have as much drama as couponing but I thought maybe TLC should start a new show called Extreme Price Matching. I was impressed.

[quote name='triplexpac']Can I grab a Best Buy flyer and go across the street to price match the BB sale on UFC 3 at Futureshop? I have a bunch of FS gift cards to use up, just never tried price matching before.[/QUOTE]

Don't be surprised if the price is already dropped to be in line with Best Buy. I've found that even if unadvertised, one of the two will match the sales price of the other.

[quote name='squirrelmaster']Thanks for the post MikeFightNight, I appreciate you getting those scans up.

L.A. Noire - $19.83
The Witcher 2 - $49.83
Fifa 12 - $49.83
NHL 12 - $39.83
SSX - $39.83
Fifa Street - $39.83

Gears of War 3 - $39.83
Forza 4 - $39.83[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rastafari']Count me in for the Witcher 2 at $49.83[/QUOTE]

Same here. Though I brought the Wal-Mart flyer into EB Games to day to see if they'd price match. The guy said "nope." That's alright, Wal-Mart can have my $50 instead. (We have no Best Buy here and the local Futureshop is too out of the way and full of morons.)

Not really. The Witcher 2 will be in the bargain bins soon enough (unfortunately) or there will be Steam sales. Xenoblade is EB-exclusive and considering all the hype and rainfall just to bring the game over, you ought to buy it now.

Yeah it's unfortunate but Witcher 2 is going to bomb horribly. Not even sure why they wanted to release it for 360. I'll pick it up when it hits $20.

Any reason why people think that Witcher will bomb?

It got good reviews for the PC version but maybe since it has been out for a while the buzz is gone?

I guess I'll grab Xenoblade and wait til the Witcher gets cheaper.

[quote name='Zeitgeist']Any reason why people think that Witcher will bomb?

It got good reviews for the PC version but maybe since it has been out for a while the buzz is gone?

I guess I'll grab Xenoblade and wait til the Witcher gets cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Not mainstream enough. Pretty much anything that isn't Call of Duty, Mario, Zelda, Halo, or the like won't sell well.

I hope EB adjusts the price to $50 next Tuesday. I mainly want the keychain. I'm surprised that it has the Trade 2 & Get it for $19.99 sticker.

Does anyone know if Shopper's Drug Mart carries iPads or Android tablets? The Saturday only 20X points event would be the perfect time to pick one up for anybody still on the fence.

[quote name='BellardB']Does anyone know if Shopper's Drug Mart carries iPads or Android tablets? The Saturday only 20X points event would be the perfect time to pick one up for anybody still on the fence.[/QUOTE]

I'm about 95% certain they don't. I won't be surprised to see them getting out of game hardware in the near future as well. I had a bitch of a time getting a Vita 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='AftComet']Not mainstream enough. Pretty much anything that isn't Call of Duty, Mario, Zelda, Halo, or the like won't sell well.[/QUOTE]

So help it sell well...

So I decided to pre-order Witcher 2 through Futureshop's website. They have it down to $49.99 and, if you pre-order, they knock an additional $5 off. So, I'm only paying $50.84 total (with free shipping).

[quote name='Polairomis']Great job. $20 to round out my Resistance collection is a no brainer.

Anyone use that Turtle Beach P11 headset? I'm looking for a replacement for the PS2 headset that just fell apart.[/QUOTE]

It is excellent IMO. Good sound, nice mike, comfy. A great buy at $40.

bread's done
Back