Seperating deals from mega threads to make new threads

I've noticed a growing trend on CAG for some users to pick out specific deals from the mega threads(Sears, Target, TRU) and make seperate threads for them because they felt they 'deserved to be spotlighted'.

But to me all this does is clog up the main deal board and make the deals that are new and weren't already covered harder to find. Not only that but by putting some of these deals in seperate threads it makes them easier to be cut/pasted over to other deal sites, whereas if they were left in the mega threads they might have been safer from being hoarded by some of the unscrupulous people on other sites. Not that there aren't some folks like that here(I've hoarded at times myself and freely admit it).

But is there anything that can be done to merge some of these seperate deal threads back into the mega threads? I know since some of them popped up on here, some of the items spotlighted in them have disappeared from my local Sears/TRU/Target.

[quote name='GBAstar']A. New. Low.[/QUOTE]
How so? And do you mean for me or for CAG in general? Normally I'm not one to complain about cluttered threads or boards, since I am a firm believer in allowing off topic stuff as long as it doesn't go on for DAYS. But I just feel that by spotlighting such deals it's making them far easier to be exploited/hoarded by people not from CAG.

Not that Target/Sears/TRU clearance or CAG are some big secrets, but I'm just trying to keep CAG's having the advantage versus other deal sites who might grab up these deals.

My own opinion is that highlighting deals makes it easier for lurkers who don't participate in the site. I don't see how you can be a CAG and not view the mega threads since they usually have the best deals.

I've heard comments like "it takes too long to read through the thread". The Target clearance has all the info you need in the OP and the Sears and TRU don't have drops often enough to make them really huge. Besides, if you're pressed for time to read through the threads how are you going to have time to play the games you buy from them?

I can easily just skip over them, it's no big deal. But I suspect that part of the reason why there's new individual deal threads that instead should go into mega threads is that there are newbies who think they will get rep or something for starting threads.

It annoys me, but that's mostly because I'm a moderator at another forum where we generally like to keep things organized and in one, handy thread. It's more so the OCD in me that wants to close the thread and tell them to post it in the mega thread, but aside from that, I can skip over them.

Definitely keep things in the mega threads. Once you let a few certain deals get separated, everyone will think so and so deal is worth it's own thread.

OMG Tiger Woods '13 for $54.98 *makes separate thread*

yeah i agree with you IATCG. especially since most of these recent individual threads that have popped up are Target deals which are YMMV. it would be much better to keep em in the mega threads.

bread's done
Back