Athenelive Charity Event for the Horn of Africa Crisis - We can be Heroes!

vpr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hello fellow CAGs - I just wanted to start off by saying I got CheapyD's permission before posting this message.

Athene, a popular "youtuber" and WoW player (Best Paladin in the World) is working with Save the Children (more info about them below) organization is trying to help raise $1 million dollars in 100 days for the Horn of Africa hunger crisis that is affecting millions of people. To learn more, and donate go to http://www.opsharecraft.com/ - Athene also livestreams everyday from 7-11pm CET where he does different things like play WoW, LoL, interacts with the community, etc at http://www.athenelive.com/athene (Language may make it NSFW).

Currently at the time of posting this message, $266,460 has been raised and there are still 81 Days remaining. Also donations are being matched daily by DC Universe (The comic book company). Athene also has a sponsorship with Razer and people who donate $10 or more have a chance to win some gear daily - see here for more info on that.

In order to help raise awareness for this cause, Athene has also stated that he is going to be going on a hunger strike where he will not consume any food, only mineral water for approximately 30 days.

I know Athene isn't liked by everyone, but the work that he's trying to do is for a great cause, and any thing you can spare even if it's just letting someone know about the cause would be a great help. Spreading the word can be just as valuable if you're not able to donate any money. Post a message on Facebook, Twitter, G+, a forum that you visit - anything to get the word out there.

I am in no way affiliated with any of the above mentioned entities, I'm just a viewer and want to help spread the word.

Thank you,
vpr

More info about Save the Children:
Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in need in the United States and around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves. We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation.

bread's done
Back