SONY STORE: Buy A VITA WIFI+3G system and get Uncharted Golden Abyss for FREE!

Definitely a better game but I need Amazon or Newegg to have these deals so I can get fast shipping, no tax and use promo credits and giftcards.

way to screw over your loyal base sony.. at least nintendo gave the people who paid full price for their system 20 free downloads

[quote name='slidecage']way to screw over your loyal base sony.. at least nintendo gave the people who paid full price for their system 20 free downloads[/QUOTE]

Over-dramatizing much? I guess Sony screwed their fanbase over when they were selling ALL of their Vitas for 25% off at Sony Style stores, or Kmarts/Sears selling Vitas for 30% off?

[quote name='slidecage']way to screw over your loyal base sony.. at least nintendo gave the people who paid full price for their system 20 free downloads[/QUOTE]

Really? Including Uncharted with the purchase of a new Vita is screwing over their loyal fanbase? Wow.

I bought a Vita at launch - got the overpriced week early bundle plus paid full boat for Uncharted and am glad to see them bundling the game as a deal for people looking to get a vita now. It is a great game and a great system!

[quote name='Nintendonly']Over-dramatizing much? I guess Sony screwed their fanbase over when they were selling ALL of their Vitas for 25% off at Sony Style stores, or Kmarts/Sears selling Vitas for 30% off?[/QUOTE]

I apparently missed these sales you speak of...

Unless you are talking about that random Sony store closing.

Dude, no comparison. Nintendo screwed their fan base way far beyond anything in recent memory.

The only way Sony can get rid of 3g versions is by bundling something exclusively with it.

I have wifi only and have never once not even in the slightest wished I had 3g

:rofl:

[quote name='nixmahn']Dude, no comparison. Nintendo screwed their fan base way far beyond anything in recent memory.[/QUOTE]

How? By giving tons of free games to people who don't deserve them? I paid $250 for my 3ds. stupid? Probably. But nintendo never forced me to pay that, and they didn't owe me anything. Sony forces ppl to buy overpriced glorified sd cards.

If Vita gets a price cut soon - I think there's no question about it - do you think Sony will offer free games/whatever? I don't expect them to, because they don't owe me anything. But, it will show who cares about their customers if they don't.

...after they cut the price by EIGHTY DOLLARS.

This isn't a price cut. It's a free game offering at very select retailers. This isn't even remotely comparable.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']The only way Sony can get rid of 3g versions is by bundling something exclusively with it.

I have wifi only and have never once not even in the slightest wished I had 3g[/QUOTE]

I heard rumors that they're going to make new features/feature 3G only. I don't know how true that is. I won't stand by it until I hear/read an official confirmation. I plan to pick up a Wi-Fi model soon. I just want to play games, and play music on there.

I really hope in the future they release an update that allows you to play your PS1 games on there. I recently bought FF7/FF8, and I would love to play them on there. Just my two cents though.

Thanks for the heads up OP. Another Vita thread where people will come to cry and complain instead of seeing its a choice to buy it when you want.

[quote name='DeathMoJo']Thanks for the heads up OP. Another Vita thread where people will come to cry and complain instead of seeing its a choice to buy it when you want.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='DeathMoJo']Thanks for the heads up OP. Another Vita thread where people will come to cry and complain instead of seeing its a choice to buy it when you want.[/QUOTE]

Really? I only see one complaint. What's worse than complainers is people like you who try so hard to be the"good guy" by accusing everyone else of complaining when really there isn't much to speak of.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Really? I only see one complaint. What's worse than complainers is people like you who try so hard to be the"good guy" by accusing everyone else of complaining when really there isn't much to speak of.[/QUOTE]

You should read what he typed again. He said "another Vita thread where people "will" (that's future tense, meaning it hasn't happened yet) come to cry and complain."

What's worse than "good guy" posters are trolls like you.

[quote name='bdb2m']You should read what he typed again. He said "another Vita thread where people "will" (that's future tense, meaning it hasn't happened yet) come to cry and complain."

What's worse than "good guy" posters are trolls like you.[/QUOTE]

Umm..how is that any better? That's just instigating. And the fact that he acknowledges it hadn't happened yet further shows he's trying really hard to be the "good guy"

It's like dressing up as a superhero when there hasn't even been a crime

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Umm..how is that any better? That's just instigating. And the fact that he acknowledges it hadn't happened yet further shows he's trying really hard to be the "good guy"

It's like dressing up as a superhero when there hasn't even been a crime[/QUOTE]

Not being the "good guy" just basing things off what i have seen so far. I thanked the OP and hope this thread goes well, just don't want to see it get run down like the Vita memory card threads.

People, when this suckTHEfac guy keeps shitting up all the threads, please just click "report post" and leave a comment for the mods. We don't need another copy of gamefaqs in these forums. Every Sony thread gets his trash posted in it, just report him and maybe the mods will actually take action.

[quote name='chimpmeister']People, when this suckTHEfac guy keeps shitting up all the threads, please just click "report post" and leave a comment for the mods. We don't need another copy of gamefaqs in these forums. Every Sony thread gets his trash posted in it, just report him and maybe the mods will actually take action.[/QUOTE]

Trash? I post facts about sony and in response butthurt ppl like you respond with grammar lessons and insults. I don't insult people, I apparently just make them cry with facts and logic :)

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Definitely a better game but I need Amazon or Newegg to have these deals so I can get fast shipping, no tax and use promo credits and giftcards.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted is not a better game. It is a sub par version of a great PS3 series and has virtually no replay value. Hot Shots Golf, and even Wipeout, are better games that are offered in the Gamestop deal. I've played several vita games, Uncharted is among the worst that I have.

Well you are obviously in the minority. I tried it at target and thought holy shit this looks like a PS3 game! I plan on getting a vita with all my sony rewards points. I'd love to get Uncharted for free. I did however already buy Shinobido 2 during Amazon's B2G1 sale along with Tekken Hybrid LE and Hakuoki LE.

Well, I do think it's good looking but I also thought it's nowhere as good a game as the other 3, mostly lacking story. There are some gameplay like the hacking of bamboo and charcoal felt really gimmicky.

I'm surprised people are complaining about being an early adopter and getting "shafted" by this mediocre deal. The 3G bundle is $269 on Amazon, and Uncharted is a very average game that you can just buy for $30 or less on eBay. $269+$30=$299, which is less than the $299+tax you'd pay at a Sony store. And who shops at a Sony store anyway?

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Trash? I post facts about sony and in response butthurt ppl like you respond with grammar lessons and insults. I don't insult people, I apparently just make them cry with facts and logic :)[/QUOTE]

There is a difference when you actually change the topic of the thread, these are "deal" threads not to discuss how you feel about the Vita or the way Sony is handling it all. There is a forum for that.

Best deal I've seen on the Vita yet, but still not enough to make me buy. I want a vita really bad but I gotta remain patient.

If you get the 3G model, are you required to set up a 3G account or can you bypass that and just set it up as a Wifi system until the 3G compatibility becomes more appealing?

[quote name='ryucross']If you get the 3G model, are you required to set up a 3G account or can you bypass that and just set it up as a Wifi system until the 3G compatibility becomes more appealing?[/QUOTE]

You dont have to get a 3g subscription, you can use it wifi only.

[quote name='caltab']Uncharted is not a better game. It is a sub par version of a great PS3 series and has virtually no replay value. Hot Shots Golf, and even Wipeout, are better games that are offered in the Gamestop deal. I've played several vita games, Uncharted is among the worst that I have.[/QUOTE]

If I would have stopped playing after the first few chapters I would have completely agreed with you but midway through the game I started to clinch on to it just as much as any other Uncharted game. By the time the game was over I was in love with it. The game wasn't as good as its PS3 counterparts but it wasn't far off. To me, there was replay value similar to the other titles in trophy hunting. It would be nearly impossible to get all of the weapons trophies in one play through.

As far as the sukfac guy... it appears there is yet another complainer on a gaming forum. #13,567,876

Seriously the gaming community probably has the most whiners and complainers out of any other hobby. Game consoles are and have always been vastly proprietary. Get over it or get a new hobby.

[quote name='NedHead']I'm surprised people are complaining about being an early adopter and getting "shafted" by this mediocre deal. The 3G bundle is $269 on Amazon, and Uncharted is a very average game that you can just buy for $30 or less on eBay. $269+$30=$299, which is less than the $299+tax you'd pay at a Sony store. And who shops at a Sony store anyway?[/QUOTE]
30 bucks? lol. Just checked-the cheapest new Ebay copy buy it now is $42 so I don't know where you're seeing that. Even the cheapest current auction is over $30 right now and it has an hour and a half to go...the last second snipers will boost that to $38 easy...

[quote name='chopper731']If I would have stopped playing after the first few chapters I would have completely agreed with you but midway through the game I started to clinch on to it just as much as any other Uncharted game. By the time the game was over I was in love with it. The game wasn't as good as its PS3 counterparts but it wasn't far off. To me, there was replay value similar to the other titles in trophy hunting. It would be nearly impossible to get all of the weapons trophies in one play through.
[/QUOTE]

I finished Uncharted and thought it was mediocre at best, and def not worth 50 bucks. For my money, the best vita games are(in order) Rayman, Hot Shots, Lumines, wipeout, and MLB. Uncharted wouldn't even be next on the list.

[quote name='chopper731']If I would have stopped playing after the first few chapters I would have completely agreed with you but midway through the game I started to clinch on to it just as much as any other Uncharted game. By the time the game was over I was in love with it. The game wasn't as good as its PS3 counterparts but it wasn't far off. To me, there was replay value similar to the other titles in trophy hunting. It would be nearly impossible to get all of the weapons trophies in one play through.

As far as the sukfac guy... it appears there is yet another complainer on a gaming forum. #13,567,876

Seriously the gaming community probably has the most whiners and complainers out of any other hobby. Game consoles are and have always been vastly proprietary. Get over it or get a new hobby.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you as far as Uncharted, the first few chapters were slow but little over halfway through it really picked up and fell inline with the rest of the series. Glad to see Bend Studios did so well with it and wouldn't mind see another one!

[quote name='inky1600']30 bucks? lol. Just checked-the cheapest new Ebay copy buy it now is $42 so I don't know where you're seeing that. Even the cheapest current auction is over $30 right now and it has an hour and a half to go...the last second snipers will boost that to $38 easy...[/QUOTE]

Look at the completed listings. Pretty much all of them have gone for under $30, shipping included.

[quote name='NedHead']Look at the completed listings. Pretty much all of them have gone for under $30, shipping included.[/QUOTE]
Nope-I just checked all the completed listings for the first 2 pages anyway. Out of 20, found ONE for just over $30 shipped and most $36-$40 range shipped. Now if you are talking "Like New" copies, you are right on but we are talking about getting a new, sealed copy from the Sony store, so that's the value I was taking about-new and sealed. Like I said, I did see one poor sap in Texas only got $30 and change for it but the vast majority are closer to $40. Anyway, to get back on topic, I typically just use the Sony stores as showrooms as they never have deals but if I didn't already have a Vita, I'd take advantage of this bundle...

[quote name='DeathMoJo']I agree with you as far as Uncharted, the first few chapters were slow but little over halfway through it really picked up and fell inline with the rest of the series. Glad to see Bend Studios did so well with it and wouldn't mind see another one![/QUOTE]

Did anyone else have trouble seeing things in uncharted? I only played about 40 minutes, but that was partly because I felt as though it was difficult to make out the details of the environments for the pictures, etc. Maybe I was just too sleepy that night.

[quote name='caltab']I finished Uncharted and thought it was mediocre at best, and def not worth 50 bucks. For my money, the best vita games are(in order) Rayman, Hot Shots, Lumines, wipeout, and MLB. Uncharted wouldn't even be next on the list.[/QUOTE]

I like the story in Uncharted, so I'm enjoying it a lot so far, but I agree there are better games out there. Tried Rayman and Lumines, just can't get into them for some reason.

[quote name='bgame2']Did anyone else have trouble seeing things in uncharted? I only played about 40 minutes, but that was partly because I felt as though it was difficult to make out the details of the environments for the pictures, etc. Maybe I was just too sleepy that night.[/QUOTE]

Its VERY hard to see the blinking treasure. It's also very hard to play when I'm running into invisible walls.. I love the environment and want to run around and explore....

Was anyone surprised at how light the Vita is? I was when I first picked it up. Also I'm not surprised Uncharted was a hit or miss for most people, it wasn't even developed by Naughty Dog.

[quote name='caltab']Uncharted is not a better game. It is a sub par version of a great PS3 series and has virtually no replay value. Hot Shots Golf, and even Wipeout, are better games that are offered in the Gamestop deal. I've played several vita games, Uncharted is among the worst that I have.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='caltab']I finished Uncharted and thought it was mediocre at best, and def not worth 50 bucks. For my money, the best vita games are(in order) Rayman, Hot Shots, Lumines, wipeout, and MLB. Uncharted wouldn't even be next on the list.[/QUOTE]

So in your opinion. Rayman origins is the best vita game? A inferior version of a ps3 game, but you don't like uncharted for being a inferior version of a ps3 game... that makes no sense. I don't think any handheld game is worth $50, but uncharted was the most impressive vita game I played so far.

[quote name='gmsick']So in your opinion. Rayman origins is the best vita game? A inferior version of a ps3 game, but you don't like uncharted for being a inferior version of a ps3 game... that makes no sense. I don't think any handheld game is worth $50, but uncharted was the most impressive vita game I played so far.[/QUOTE]

I see what you are saying here, why complain about Uncharted being trimmed down, but not Rayman? But the thing is, Rayman is amazingly close to the console version. The only thing I found different (I have the 360 one as well) was the lack of multi-player (which isn't the critical feature of Origins, IMHO). In it's place you get treasures to find with touch and the pinch to zoom feature. Multiplayer is a fine sacrifice for handheld, I want to play it on the go and don't really worry about that.

Uncharted is trimmed down on the graphics, openness, shooting mechanics and environment changes, which are core features of the original. So in a way, the features trimmed are more important (again, my opinion). It's still fantastic.

I agree though, Rayman is the best on Vita, it suits the handheld perfectly with smallish self contained levels that can be picked up one at a time, looks awesome, runs smooth and is a TON of fun. Second, is Super Stardust, that game is also crazy fun. I have Uncharted on order from the KMart online deal (hope I actually get coupons :)), but have played it quite a bit. Also recommended, if you have a PS3, is to get Capcom Classics Reloaded (the second is better than the first in game selection) and bring it over to the Vita. It isn't "officially" supported, but works perfectly and a great handheld option.

I say all this as a guy that was completely disinterested in the Vita up until the day before it was released. Realizing my PSP is basically dead in the water, I pulled the trigger on the BB trade in deal and have been really happy with it. The battery life is a lot better than I expected (I do have the WiFi one), and having one of my favorite games of last year (Rayman) on the go is great - I actually play that one more than the console version. The screen is really, really good and it has some great features. The memory card requirement is a cheap trick on Sony's part to artificially lower the MSRP to try and match the 3DS, but I haven't regretted buying it one bit. The games will be coming soon enough (I can't wait to see what is in store at E3) - almost every console has a post release lull, particularly ones released in the beginning of the year.

I know that rayman on vita doesn't have multipayer, but I wouldn't play multiplayer anyways. Besides the multiplayer, everything else about rayman is as good as the console versions. I honestly enjoyed Rayman more on the Vita than on my xbox---I just think it is structured perfectly for on the go.

On the other hand, everything about Uncharted is crappier than the console version- especially the parts of the game that try and make use of the uniqueness of the handheld, they are just forced and terrible.

bread's done
Back