XBLA - FEZ - 800 MPs, Out Now!

Spybreak8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Fez is finally out! Released Friday, I picked the indie XBLA game up today and have to say even by following its long arduous development journey I'm still very much interested in this game.
fez.jpg

A blurb from its wikipedia page:
Fez is a platform game developed by independent software developers Polytron. The game was initially announced by its creator, Phil Fish, on TIGSource.com on July 17, 2007.[2] It was later announced that the game would come to Xbox Live Arcade in early 2010, but it was pushed back.[3] The game was released on April 13, 2012 for Xbox Live Arcade.[1] More platforms are being considered.[4]
Launch Trailer, shows off the cool parts of the game and games like these need to be played over watched so put in spoilers.

Reminds me of Castle Story, another indie game I loved. Seriously you need to experience this game and I'm glad it's finally out!

Put 10 hours into it already. Great game. Beat it and technically on 'New Game Plus' now. The real fun is tracking down all the stuff you don't have. There is some serious brain-busters in this game, and there have been a few moments where i felt like fist-pumping after figuring something out.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Played the demo it was great. Backlog is kinda big, but might splurge and buy this at 800.[/QUOTE]

Do it;)

I feel like I'm playing Crackdown again, running around listening for objects that have a sfx tied to them. Collect said object and then
fez.jpg

utter joy!

The first moment when
I figured out and saw the invisible ledges/platforms on the storm level
I grew a big smile on my face. Hadn't seen those in a long time, actually I can think of back when I played Commander Keen. ^^

Played the demo today and also agree it's good stuff. The art style is terrific, and I like the gameplay mechanic of switching perspectives. Although I'm tempted to splurge and get Fez as well, I'm getting ready to leap on Trials Evolution in a couple days.

[quote name='MrPiggles']Isn't the game super glitchy right now?[/QUOTE]

"Super-glitchy" would be a huge exaggeration. There are some glitches, and i had it crash once in 10 hours of play. But it shouldn't stop anyone from picking it up. It's going to be (deservedly) in a lot of top 10 lists at the end of the year.

This game is quite fun and challenging for me. My daughter hijacks the controller tho and likes to mess around with it because she think Gomez is funny. There's no penalty for dying so she can just do whatever she wants without consequence.

[quote name='Strell']I adore this game. Why are none of you jerks talking about it?[/QUOTE]

Because I got stuck. Though Mr. Bedard did reply promptly!

Hi!
Sounds like you're in one of the wall city interiors (behind the 4-bit door).
If that's the case, you're "screwed". The upcoming patch fixes this problem and will allow you to resume the game, but in the meantime there's nothing you can do except start a new game (presumably on another profile so you don't lose progress).
ETA on the patch is late May.
Thanks for the report!

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Monsta Mack ,[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,
I have 8 cubes and 2 anti cubes. Not sure which room I am stuck at, but It's a room with just a caterpillar and drawings on the wall and it won't let me rotate. I was able to do a profile switch trick for the game to stop crashing, however, when I leave the room I hear the walking noise and my character is still stuck in the same room.

Thanks

bread's done
Back