Witcher 2 Dark Edition - Toys R Us - 99.99 FS

hmmm somehow I dont believe is will arrive on release date, really want this though. Anyone done TRU release day shipping and got it on release day

[quote name='TooPoor']This a good investment? I mean, some CEs drop like crazy.[/QUOTE]

Can't say for sure but it IS a limited run - limited enough for Best Buy to send out a free copy of the game and a 25 dollar gift card to the people whose order they couldn't fulfill.

I'd guess these TRU copies were ones preordered by people whose payment options were invalid when they were charged hence they were relisted.

[quote name='TooPoor']This a good investment? I mean, some CEs drop like crazy.[/QUOTE]

Not when its really rare though

[quote name='SeanTM22']I think it it means release date shipping but not release date delivery[/QUOTE]

Probably, still 106.99 and getting it in 4 days beats the inevitable 200+ range this will reach when the flippers hit eBay

Ordered.
tgvhj
Thanks OP!

[quote name='pugs1208']OOS now[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to order from an iphone? It showed OOS on mine when I tried to order this morning but I swiched to my ipad and it worked.

[quote name='cmb00']sweet and the free regular from b.b. what a way to start off the week.[/QUOTE]

Ditto! I thought May was going to set me back a lot of $$$ but I was able to sell some Kid Icarus cards from the GameStop event to pay for this. And best buy still didn't cancel my prototype 2 steel book... Fingers crossed they just send me it!

Excellent, thanks OP. Missed out on the Amazon preorders and slept too long on this at gamestop. Hopefully they ship it in a box, TRU is pretty notorious for shipping things like this in a bubble mailer and having them get all beat to hell. (I used to be a senior supervisor at TRU.com and pretty much spent my days giving refunds for situations just like this.) *fingers crossed*

The rare talk sounds a bit like that which went on with Catherine limited editions. Good luck though to those buying that it actually is limited.

i ordered 3 cause when i only ordered one of the mass effect 3 ce's it came in a bubble mailer completely smashed to hell. im hoping all 3 are mint as 2 are for me and one is for my sister.

Hopefully common sense prevails. I'd expect from the unboxing video the package will be amout the same as the Fallout New Vegas set, maybe thicker. They'd send something that size in a box ..... Right??

I want this but my game room is getting to tight with all my games and CE boxes. I might go ahead and wait on getting the regular edition when it gets cheaper. I'm hyped for this game but my backlog is to big to keep on ignoring them.

ordered one last night, thanks OP....

I do wish the bust from the pc version was included with the cool dice and dice bag. Oh well.

I'm torn. If this is actually rare, as it seems it is, I'll probably regret not buying it. But then $100 is a lot to drop on it, especially since I was simply planning on purchasing the regular edition when it hit $20 or less. Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: Aww, screw it. I ordered. Guess I have 45 days to decide whether to return it or not.

[quote name='KrizB']There is a newer unboxing video on Youtube, will look for it in a sec.

On the side of the box they have large serial numbers, it's four digits so only a few thousand were made.

edit;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TWWdfxwS-c[/QUOTE]

^ That's not the NTSC version though... so assuming the sticker on the side is the production number is it fair to assume that the number is only be produced in the U.S. region as well?

[quote name='KrizB']There is a newer unboxing video on Youtube, will look for it in a sec.

On the side of the box they have large serial numbers, it's four digits so only a few thousand were made.

edit;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TWWdfxwS-c[/QUOTE]

FYI everything from 2:32 on is the standard edition of the game, so the dark edition includes the full-size hard bound art book, the Witcher necklace, and the making of DVD.

I'm pretty surprised with everybody else out of stock and ebay already going 170+ for this, TRU suddenly had it in stock.

I will need to monitor if it comes back in stock after release, if that happens I will just return it. I can return online items in TRU B&M store right?

I want to play this game since I've heard so much about it, but I haven't played the first one. I'm tired of the supposedly 'limited' editions and retailers going out of stock when it's still up for pre-order. Then once it's released, it's suddenly in-stock again, or a week or 2 later. I'll just hold out on this one.

The artbook and necklace look great, but they are not worth an extra $54.99 to me (the price difference between the 'Enhanced' and 'Dark' versions of the game at TRU).

There is a strategy guide that is being released, but no hardcover either....

hmmm, now i'm starting to wonder just how limited the US release of the Dark Edition is going to be after all. Amazon just put the Dark edition back up for preorder..... interesting

There is a much better chance of amazon actually having it than TRU.

As for why inventory pops up right before release, isn't it pretty obviously? Credit cards get pinged and doesn't go through and the customer never changes it. And I'm sure that any good retailer holds a few back as a safety net.

By the way, that's the polish version right? Just because it's 4 digits doesn't mean the US release is only limited to 9999 copies.

Now this makes the decision difficult. Keep TRU order with the ability to return in store at no charge up to 45 days after release, or order from Amazon for $10 less due to no tax?

[quote name='BingoBrown']Now this makes the decision difficult. Keep TRU order with the ability to return in store at no charge up to 45 days after release, or order from Amazon for $10 less due to no tax?[/QUOTE]
If you order at Amazon, couldn't you make the return as well?

I switched to Amazon. I'm more comfortable with how they'll handle shipping plus $10 saved is good for me.

I'm almost certain the edition was limited to 3k per region but I don't have a link to back it up

[quote name='TooPoor']If you order at Amazon, couldn't you make the return as well?[/QUOTE]Yeah, but unless your reason for returning it is Amazon's fault (e.g., damaged packaging), they'll deduct a small amount from your refund as a "restocking fee" (I'm not sure if it's scaled depending on the cost of the item, but it might be ~$5).

[quote name='TooPoor']If you order at Amazon, couldn't you make the return as well?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but then you're charged for the return shipment. Probably not a big charge, but I'd guess somewhere around $5.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Yeah, but then you're charged for the return shipment. Probably not a big charge, but I'd guess somewhere around $5.[/QUOTE]

yep $5.

[quote name='confoosious']There is a much better chance of amazon actually having it than TRU.

As for why inventory pops up right before release, isn't it pretty obviously? Credit cards get pinged and doesn't go through and the customer never changes it. And I'm sure that any good retailer holds a few back as a safety net.

By the way, that's the polish version right? Just because it's 4 digits doesn't mean the US release is only limited to 9999 copies.[/QUOTE]

I tried to point that out earlier too...

Looks like Amazon has 94 of them left in stock right now. Just ordered 2 from Amazon. Thinking about cancelling my TRU order now, but I may just keep them all and either flip two or return the two worst ones to my local TRU once they all show up.

Well, I'll never order from Toys "R" Us again, after they shipped my copy of Mass Effect 3 (Collector's Edition) in an oversize bubble mailer! The outer case was all banged up and the disc inside is loose! I'm glad I can return the game to my local TRU store...

Anyway, I placed my order for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Enhanced Dark Edition) at CD Universe, last night. I hope it's securely packaged in a box instead of a bubble mailer...:pray:

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Well, I'll never order from Toys "R" Us again, after they shipped my copy of Mass Effect 3 (Collector's Edition) in an oversize bubble mailer! The outer case was all banged up and the disc inside is loose! I'm glad I can return the game to my local TRU store...

Anyway, I placed my order for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Enhanced Dark Edition) at CD Universe, last night. I hope it's securely packaged in a box instead of a bubble mailer...:pray:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I ordered the Zelda Skyward Sword Gold Controller bundle through Toys R Us. Never again. They shipped it in a bubble mailer as well and it was completely beat to all hell by the time it got to me. I mean completely demolished. No matter how good of a deal it is, it's not worth it if the game arrives in shreds.

bread's done
Back