Dusty's Muffler vs Brock Lesnar's Wang Sword Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed muffler is a euphemism for something but I'm glad I don't know what. If someone can come up with another thread that actually makes sense I'm all for it.

There was a video in the last thread of John Nord talking about mufflers and how Dusty Rhodes's fell out during one of their matches.

[quote name='neocisco']I assumed muffler is a euphemism for something but I'm glad I don't know what. If someone can come up with another thread that actually makes sense I'm all for it.[/QUOTE]

You would have known about it if you'd seen the page in the thread dedicated to it and didn't appear only to uselessly complain about things you're not even following. If you want to want to make a new thread because I didn't do it right, stop being a whiny cunt for once and just go do it.

[quote name='silentevil']This is ok but anal bleeding caused an uproar?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't so much the anal bleeding as it was the picture of the implied ass rape pics - especially the Kurt Angle one.

[quote name='neocisco']Put a link in the previous thread, genius. How many years have we been doing this? :roll:[/QUOTE]

You mad tho?

[quote name='xilly']You mad tho?[/QUOTE]

It's a little thing called common courtesy. Familiarize yourself with it. If you start a new thread you put a link in the old one to make it easier for everyone else in the thread. If the previous one was locked before this one was started (like PFH said) then that's an exception.

Quite the original retort, by the way. You must have really worked on that one.

[quote name='neocisco']Quite the original retort, by the way. You must have really worked on that one.[/QUOTE]

Why waste time on a real retort, when, much like the rest of the posts in these threads, you'll just ignore anyway?

5e5d25a7.jpg

Punk/Henry III: ***1/2
Santino/Otunga: *1/2 - Otunga is sloppy as hell.
Ryder/Kane: N/A - Terrible squash.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xilly']Why waste time on a real retort, when, much like the rest of the posts in these threads, you'll just ignore anyway?[/QUOTE]

Quoting and responding to your post is ignoring it? Wow, you are as dense as ever. And what are you even talking about, implying I ignore posts in the other threads? You are one clueless git.

Is it normal for WWEShop to not refund the shipping fee? I'm pretty pissed with their customer service. I ordered a CM Punk shirt size M, but it was too tight, so I returned/exchanged it. I specifically asked for an exchange for the next size up. Well today, I get an email saying my return was processed and then I was refunded everything but the ridiculous $7 shipping fee.

tl;dr I essentially paid $10 shipping to find out a shirt doesn't fit. On top of that, their customer service has not responded to any of my emails. I will be calling tomorrow, but is there anything I can do?

EDIT: So reading up some more on the WWEShop FAQs, they DON'T refund shipping and handling. So I'm stuck with this $7 shipping fee? Pathetic. I won't be ordering from them again.

What ever happened to the Pope anyways? One minute he was there killing Devon and stealing his family, next minute it's like Samoa Joe's ninjas returned and took him.

[quote name='Tsel']Is it normal for WWEShop to not refund the shipping fee? I'm pretty pissed with their customer service. I ordered a CM Punk shirt size M, but it was too tight, so I returned/exchanged it. I specifically asked for an exchange for the next size up. Well today, I get an email saying my return was processed and then I was refunded everything but the ridiculous $7 shipping fee.

tl;dr I essentially paid $10 shipping to find out a shirt doesn't fit. On top of that, their customer service has not responded to any of my emails. I will be calling tomorrow, but is there anything I can do?

EDIT: So reading up some more on the WWEShop FAQs, they DON'T refund shipping and handling. So I'm stuck with this $7 shipping fee? Pathetic. I won't be ordering from them again.[/QUOTE]

I haven't ordered from them since two Survivor Series Anthology sets I ordered from them got fucked up in the mail. They just stuffed them in a bubble mailer, so there wasn't much protection, though I blame the shitty cases almost as much as I do the shipping packaging.

Their customer service won't respond to my emails and I've been on hold for probably 15 minutes now. It's like they know I'm an unhappy customer and are purposely avoiding me.

[quote name='Spyder187']What ever happened to the Pope anyways? One minute he was there killing Devon and stealing his family, next minute it's like Samoa Joe's ninjas returned and took him.[/QUOTE]

Injured maybe? A few weeks back I realized I hadn't seen him in a long time. Maybe it's budget cuts. He's always struck me as someone who could be big time if he were booked properly, going back to his Elijah Burke days with Sylvester Terkay.

I waited 20 minutes on hold for them to tell me they don't fucking do exchanges anymore. Really? Then change your fucking FAQ that clearly states there is an exchange policy.

That and they don't refund shipping, so I just ate $10 in shipping and now if I want to buy another shirt from them, I will have to pay yet ANOTHER $7 in shipping just to get a different size.

Wonderful experience, I definitely recommend them.

Taken directly from WWEShop.com

Returns & Exchanges
Return/Exchange Policy
Your complete satisfaction is our primary concern. We want you to be fully satisfied with every item you purchase from WWEShop.com. If you are not satisfied with an item you have purchased, you may return the item within 30 days of delivery for an exchange or full refund of the purchase price, minus shipping, handling or other charges. The item must be returned in good condition, in original boxes (whenever possible), and with all paperwork, parts and accessories to ensure full credit.

3. If exchanging the same item(s) for a different size, please indicate new size on packing slip next to the product(s) being returned. Please contact us for any other type(s) of exchange(s).

I will be mentioning that in my next call. They can't just tell me they don't do that anymore, when it says they do right on their website, not to mention there was an exchange slip that came with my order.

[quote name='Habbler']Sounds like you are buying the shirt at the show. That's my plan for Extreme Rules.[/QUOTE]
Do you know how much they are at the show? The only reason I bought it now was because I wanted to wear it to the show. That and I didn't know what size to get and this was is easier than having to stand in line.

[quote name='Tsel']Taken directly from WWEShop.com

I will be mentioning that in my next call. They can't just tell me they don't do that anymore, when it says they do right on their website, not to mention there was an exchange slip that came with my order.

Do you know how much they are at the show? The only reason I bought it now was because I wanted to wear it to the show. That and I didn't know what size to get and this was is easier than having to stand in line.[/QUOTE]

I posted this in the last thread when it was brought up. Shirts normally cost $25.

[quote name='Tsel']I waited 20 minutes on hold for them to tell me they don't fucking do exchanges anymore. Really? Then change your fucking FAQ that clearly states there is an exchange policy.

That and they don't refund shipping, so I just ate $10 in shipping and now if I want to buy another shirt from them, I will have to pay yet ANOTHER $7 in shipping just to get a different size.

Wonderful experience, I definitely recommend them.[/QUOTE]

Initiate a charge back on your credit card when the price is adjusted to stick you with the $7shipping fee. Tell your CC company that WWEShop refused to let you exchange the shirt in conflict with the printed policy at the time so now you have nothing to show for your purchase except WWEShop getting your $7. Its not the most logical explanation but it should suffice in getting you out of being bent over for $7.

[quote name='kodave']Initiate a charge back on your credit card when the price is adjusted to stick you with the $7shipping fee. Tell your CC company that WWEShop refused to let you exchange the shirt in conflict with the printed policy at the time so now you have nothing to show for your purchase except WWEShop getting your $7. Its not the most logical explanation but it should suffice in getting you out of being bent over for $7.[/QUOTE]

I paid with PayPal. Would it work the same way?

I've been lovin' RAW lately.

Good thing, since Impact has been some piping hot trash as of late. I completely skipped last week, and I think I'll do the same this week. I can't take it anymore.

[quote name='Brak']I've been lovin' RAW lately.

Good thing, since Impact has been some piping hot trash as of late. I completely skipped last week, and I think I'll do the same this week. I can't take it anymore.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Lesnar added some much more gravitas to the product. I think it helps that he is someone who is big enough that they can't just put him under their thumb and tow the company line. And on the wrestling front, Punk/Henry (these two have chemistry) and Bryan/Kofi carried the show.

Also: Daniel Bryan is OVER. I think that the 18 second loss at Wrestlemania did more for his career than winning the title ever did for him. Looking at how he was booked to whoop Kofi's ass last night, it's clear they're over the MITB phase for him and are retooling him to be an effective fighter.

YES!

Glad I didn't follow through with my original plan to buy like 6 clearance DVDs. Granted, they're not going to be the wrong size but whatever.

When tickets went on sale a while back I wasn't at all interested in going to Raw next week since it was so bad at the time. Between Bryan & Lesnar taking off and HHH being nowhere in sight, I'm feeling like I should probably go.

[quote name='masked lemon']That's kinda what you get for ordering a medium shirt anyways... what are you like 12?[/QUOTE]

I'm 21 years old, 6 ft, 190 lbs and I wear medium shirts in almost every other brand. Excuse me for ordering the size that ALWAYS fits me. Their medium fit me like a small.

I'm 6'3" weigh about 190, and a Medium would be skin tight on me and wouldn't reach below my belly button. I honestly haven't been able to wear a medium shirt since I was like 8 years old, simply because they are never long enough.

I can't even imagine how silly I would look in a medium shirt...

I don't know where you buy your clothes from, but I never have any problems with mediums. They're always long enough and fit me just right.

Hey if you like rocking skin tight belly shirts, more power to you breh. I can't do it. An M would look like a wife beater on me, and that is way too tight for my liking.

You're not wearing skinny jeans and snap back hats with these M shirts, are you?

I'm telling you, the size M fits me perfectly. They're not skin tight and they're the perfect length.

And no, I don't wear skinny jeans or snap back hats.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Enough with the fashion argument. Let us all laugh at this:[/QUOTE]

Garrett Bischoff drawing flies like the dead.

EDIT: Remember all those rants I use to type about wishing TNA would give WWE a run for its money? ("no, I don't because they're indiscernible from all your other rants, dude.")

Okay, fair point. Anyway, I'd write litanies long and drawn out about how TNA is wasting potential, how it could do things different, how it needs to innovate to get a foothold?

Well, I don't take it back, but I certainly don't feel that way anymore. I'm tired of waiting for TNA to step up and improve its product. I saw Dixie Carter spoke w/ some dirtsheet reporter the other day about how big changes are coming to TNA. I don't believe it, and I don't care. Too little, far too late. TNA isn't even worth mocking anymore. What a shitshow of a promotion.

Especially since Tessmacher is aparently doing better with tips at Hooters and is off the show?

Shouldn't thread title be Muffly instead of Muffler?

TNA is apparently content with being a very distant #2 promotion (and #2 only in the fact that they've got a national TV deal and ROH doesn't). I can't find any way in which the promotion is really profitable, but it appears that they're okay with losing money with every event they hold. Either Dixie Carter has some massive Ponzi scheme going on in TNA to keep their rent and employees paid or there's something we're all missing as to the appeal of their company that causes talent to sign there.

They can make all the changes they want - they'll still layer 8 different finishes on top of a ref bump for the end of every PPV main event. Also every face in the company will continue to be portrayed as idiots who never win a match. (Speaking of which, do we have a pool going on how long before Anderson turns again?)

I'm hoping the thing is that they are giving up on Pay Per View altogether. There's no way they can be making money selling 2,000 tickets for a 9,000 seat venue and getting 10,000 PPV buys.

[quote name='mykevermin']Garrett Bischoff drawing flies like the dead.

EDIT: Remember all those rants I use to type about wishing TNA would give WWE a run for its money? ("no, I don't because they're indiscernible from all your other rants, dude.")

Okay, fair point. Anyway, I'd write litanies long and drawn out about how TNA is wasting potential, how it could do things different, how it needs to innovate to get a foothold?

Well, I don't take it back, but I certainly don't feel that way anymore. I'm tired of waiting for TNA to step up and improve its product. I saw Dixie Carter spoke w/ some dirtsheet reporter the other day about how big changes are coming to TNA. I don't believe it, and I don't care. Too little, far too late. TNA isn't even worth mocking anymore. What a shitshow of a promotion.[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel.

I used to watch a bit.

Got shitty so I stopped, but I followed via spoilers.

Then with the Hogan/Bischoff shit I watched it for a bit again. It got so bad, I stopped. My main tipping point was on whatever episode I was watching, every backstage segment featuring male wrestlers was just them SCREAMING into a microphone. Like Jesus Christ, learn to cut promos without screaming.

Now I don't even follow the spoilers. I just catch whatever the dirt sheets say the results of the latest PPV were.

TNA has squandered their "home grown" talent (or talent with ROH experience). Especially AJ and Joe... I mean, shit on a stick how do you fuck those guys up? They've pushed Beer Money in the top only to saddle just about every one of their big world title matches (whether it involved Roode or Storm) with something baffling. Abyss, Kaz, Magnus, Morgan, etc. should all be much bigger stars than they are too.

TNA can't get their big WWE names like Angle and Hardy and Hogan and Flair and RVD and Anderson (lulz) to draw or increase ratings. Those guys aren't particularly making any of new stars out of "home grown" talent. What's the point? It's like the same problem they had with the Main Event Mafia people. And has Sting ever been a measurable draw in terms of ratings, buy rates, or arena gates for TNA?

TNA needs someone new running it if its ever going to reach its potential. I don't know who, but Hogan/Bischoff are no good. Jarrett took the company as far as he could. Dixie seems like a nice lady but she can't buy a clue on how to run the company. Her daddy and mommy aren't helping matters because Panda Energy keeps pouring money into the TNA franchise for some inexplicable reason.

[quote name='nasum']Especially since Tessmacher is aparently doing better with tips at Hooters and is off the show . . . [/QUOTE]

Tips at Hooters and various Bikini contests. (I don't know when I "Like"-d her on Facebook, but I had to undo that mistake as her ass was clogging up my feed.)

In my head, I imagine at the end of every month Dixie is on her knees, pleading with her parents to pay for her dream, like a failing, aspiring actress in Hollywood. "This will be the month, I promise," she screams, welled-up tears dashing down her face like a muffler that failed to hold back the rowdy, brown stank from oozing down Duthy's leg.

Was there ever a resolution to the Abyss/Joseph Parks angle, or did they forget about that like they did Samoa Joe's ninjas?

Out of curiosity, I went to TNA's website to check out their tour dates. There's a show coming up in early May in Ontario, CA at the fairly new Citizen's Business Bank Arena. The arena holds (for basketball) just over 10,000 fans with an available full capacity at around 11,500. For comparison, RAW just held a house show at the end of February that drew a near-sellout of 9,500 fans.

There are numerous (and by numerous, I mean at least a dozen) independent promotions operating on a regular basis in and around the Los Angeles area. PWG is the best known, averaging a show per month, but there are a handful of promotions that run more frequently (NWA Hollywood is on television weekly here, holding tapings every other weekend). We just had the well-attended WrestleReunion festival at the end of January drawing both PWG and Dragon Gate USA fans to the events. There's a VERY large Hispanic population that sells out nearly every lucha event in Southern California with shows being run every weekend if you look for them. Point being, Los Angeles and the surrounding area is a pretty solid market for pro wrestling.

I have not seen a single advertisement for the upcoming TNA show (either on the radio, television, or in person at any of the events held in the area). From the world I come from, if you want to draw someone to your event, you hit up every single similar event and promote like your life depended on it by handing a flyer to anyone walking out of the event. It's cheap marketing but it works - throw Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy's names on a flyer and people will show up.

We're about two weeks from the upcoming TNA show. I went to Ticketmaster to see how it's selling, and noticed the tickets are as follows: $25 for upper and lower level, $35 for floor, and $50 for floor plus a meet & greet. Searching for best available tickets, two tickets gave me Floor Section 9, Row 5. That seems awfully close for a few weeks out, so I decided to check a single ticket. Floor Section 3, Row 2. Even closer.

For shits and giggles, I checked a section of 9 tickets. Floor Section 6, Row 4, seats 1-9.

42894s.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back