BB-Rayman origins (360, ps3, wii) $19.99

I've been waiting for this magical price! I had my eyes set on the PS3 version since I prefer the d-pad, but I just bought one of those silver 360 controllers for Fez so I might jump in on 360. Are there load times?

[quote name='Nukkus']It's already been proven that there's no multichannel effects in either version, stop fearmongering. It's a 2D platformer.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you only own a PS3 with such a vitriol response.

I went to the trouble of digging up a link for something I'd only heard about in the peripheral. You come at me and accuse me of fearmongering (sic) without backing up your claim.

Please do so. (if they are identical I'd rather own the PS3 version)

Oh, and because it's only a 2D platformer, you might as well buy the Wii version, right?

(The level of discourse on CAG used to be...higher.)

*sigh*

[quote name='collector42']
Oh, and because it's only a 2D platformer, you might as well buy the Wii version, right?
[/QUOTE]

I know you're being sarcastic, but it bears pointing out that the game looks INCREDIBLE and it full 1080p (at least on PS3), so unless you only have a Wii don't get it on Wii. I've only got TV speakers going but it sounded great to me.

[quote name='collector42']I'm guessing you only own a PS3 with such a vitriol response.

I went to the trouble of digging up a link for something I'd only heard about in the peripheral. You come at me and accuse me of fearmongering (sic) without backing up your claim.

Please do so. (if they are identical I'd rather own the PS3 version)

(The level of discourse on CAG used to be...higher.)

*sigh*[/QUOTE]
I did hear the audio issue for the ps3 version. I have a full fledged 5.1 sound set-up and even though it's a 2d platformer it may have some neat ambient effects in the rear-channels.
Though the very fact that the PS3 version doesn't even include support implies the dev's didn't care about which implies that they probably didn't bother to put in any great ambient effects (if any at all).
I'll still get it for PS3 because the dpad is so good for 2d games.

EDIT* There is no surround sound of any sort as far as I can tell. Ubisoft gimped the PS3 version as far as I can tell. Kinda pisses me off, I was planning to buy it for the 3DS because I like the game that much but Ubisoft can shove it just for the fact that they tried to pull a fast one and removed everything DTS related right before launch.

Sound aside however this is one of the best games I own and I have over 50 PS3 games. IGN had a glowing review (9/10) that sums up my thoughts of the game, but if you have both consoles 360 version is the way to go for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks been waiting for it to drop again.. PM at WM.. ya'll think it might go on sale form $20.. cause i got backlog. i can wait.

i DO in fact have a ps3, as well as a wii, and an xbox 360. none of the 3 systems actually make use of ANYTHING other than the left and right channels. I have played all 3 versions, there is no discernible difference in the sound whatsoever.

[quote name='Nukkus']i DO in fact have a ps3, as well as a wii, and an xbox 360. none of the 3 systems actually make use of ANYTHING other than the left and right channels. I have played all 3 versions, there is no discernible difference in the sound whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Hmm that's interesting, to hear it from someone who has played all versions it definetely changes my mind on buying it for the 3DS. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='jeffx']that's my price right there, THANKS. PS3 or 360? I have both and a rather basic HDTV set.[/QUOTE]

PS3 has by far the better dpad of the two, if those things matter to you.

[quote name='Nukkus']i DO in fact have a ps3, as well as a wii, and an xbox 360. none of the 3 systems actually make use of ANYTHING other than the left and right channels. I have played all 3 versions, there is no discernible difference in the sound whatsoever.[/QUOTE]
curious.. how have you played all three versions?

not that it matters to me
only one channel of audio not that I have my sound up that loud when I play most of the time anyway

[quote name='Wolfkin']curious.. how have you played all three versions?

not that it matters to me
only one channel of audio not that I have my sound up that loud when I play most of the time anyway
[/QUOTE]

Holy hell! I think we have the winner of the cheapest CAG of all time! Someone still running an SD setup!

Oh and after reading through the topic that stated the PS3 version had worse sound; it turns out not to be the case. The ps3 version supports lossless 7.1 PCM through HDMI, which is essentially the very best possible sound out of any format commercially available. The only downside is it does NOT have a DD 5.1, and the sheer amount of data in a 7.1 PCM cannot fit through an optical cable so unless you are running a high end receiver that takes an HDMI input you are stuck with stereo.
So the PS3 version has the best sound and the lower level sound but no middle ground sound support. While the 360 version has low and middle end sound support.

Thanks--will pick up the PS3 version 2morrow!

[quote name='Naylord']Holy hell! I think we have the winner of the cheapest CAG of all time! Someone still running an SD setup![/QUOTE]

Keep on rock'n SD brotha. SD-CRT still has life in it (though playing Dead Rising was impossible)!

I'm particularly proud of my switch on top.
Since the TV only has room for one set of cables I managed to scrounge enough spare cable to outfit it so now I can switch to my Wii without having to pick up my TV and rotate it. That stand isn't very sturdy... actually now that I think about it. I'm paranoid for my Wii. Maybe I should get a better stand.
We have a bigger CRT downstairs but my sister likes to watch wedding shows and I have no patience for that. So while I do have a problem with my sides being cut on this TV the big problems I've had are Mass Effect 2 Demo, Amalur Demo, SkullGirls Demo. I haven't finished it by any means but DeadSpace was actually pretty playable when I played the demo.. disc is still sealed. If you want to see an HD game that looks gorgeous even on my TV I highly recommend Eufloria (PSN). I've never seen text so large, clear and high contrast to it's background.

Spring Fever was the worst headache because like many PS3 Themes it has white text on light pastel background. I have to wonder if even in HD it's hard to read.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I'm particularly proud of my switch on top.
Since the TV only has room for one set of cables I managed to scrounge enough spare cable to outfit it so now I can switch to my Wii without having to pick up my TV and rotate it. That stand isn't very sturdy... actually now that I think about it. I'm paranoid for my Wii. Maybe I should get a better stand.
We have a bigger CRT downstairs but my sister likes to watch wedding shows and I have no patience for that. So while I do have a problem with my sides being cut on this TV the big problems I've had are Mass Effect 2 Demo, Amalur Demo, SkullGirls Demo. I haven't finished it by any means but DeadSpace was actually pretty playable when I played the demo.. disc is still sealed. If you want to see an HD game that looks gorgeous even on my TV I highly recommend Eufloria (PSN). I've never seen text so large, clear and high contrast to it's background.

Spring Fever was the worst headache because like many PS3 Themes it has white text on light pastel background. I have to wonder if even in HD it's hard to read.[/QUOTE]

I feel like we all need to pool our funds and get you a new tv.

Same here. I definitely wouldn't mind having it on the go. But alas, $20 for the PS3 version is just too good to pass up.

[quote name='DMPugh']Same here. I definitely wouldn't mind having it on the go. But alas, $20 for the PS3 version is just too good to pass up.[/QUOTE]

Local coop is way better than on the go factor if you ask me; plus you get to play it on a TV instead of a handheld. I say its win win.

[quote name='strife18']Hmm...yet the same game is $40 on PS vita...

Which is the version I would like to buy but there is no way for that price[/QUOTE]

This may be very un-cagish of me, but it's worth every cent.

Couch co-op, big screen, $19.99. PS3 version acquired. Vita version can wait until it's $19.99 as well. Don't let them take all your money just because they have a small software library. :)

[quote name='adayinthelife']This may be very un-cagish of me, but it's worth every cent.[/QUOTE]

If I didn't already have it on 360, I would definitely pay $40 for the Vita version. From what I've seen, this is among the best of the Vita library.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']If I didn't already have it on 360, I would definitely pay $40 for the Vita version. From what I've seen, this is among the best of the Vita library.[/QUOTE]

I've got the PS3 and Vita versions and I've actually played the Vita version more. There aren't many games I'd buy two of, but this one is a gem and I'd love to see more like it so I don't mind supporting it at all.

Ive been scouting BestBuy/Futureshop/Walmart for the new TVs but just can't prioritize it right now, but one day.

I did bite on Rayman... I just couldn't let it pass at $20 twice. I guess I still have 30 days to double price match if necessary. I won't be playing it anytime soon.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Couch co-op, big screen, $19.99. PS3 version acquired. Vita version can wait until it's $19.99 as well. Don't let them take all your money just because they have a small software library. :)[/QUOTE]this.

I'll never understand the mentality: I just bought this system so I HAVE to buy at least one of the 7 games that are available on Day 1, even though the best of them is flaws because of (port/overuse of features/simplistic gameplay/immature development/etc). It's one thing if you've waited say a month or two but I've seen gamers buy terrible games for new systems just because that's literally all there is to buy. I had no idea money burned so much when you keep it in your wallet.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it hard to understand wanting to play games on a new system you just bought?

It's easy to look back and say, "that launch lineup for [whatever console] sucked!" but at the time it's different. And "waiting a month or 2" hasn't proven that the hits come out that quickly after launch. Try waiting over the course of 12 months or so to have any REAL WORLD timeline of "good" games come out for a system.

And how many launch titles get really good reviews (8 or better) which we look back and think, "Gee, that really isn't such a good game now that I think about it".

When someone gets a new system, they want to play games on it right away, simple as that. Not difficult to understand.

[quote name='1_blue_pixel']How is it hard to understand wanting to play games on a new system you just bought?

When someone gets a new system, they want to play games on it right away, simple as that. Not difficult to understand.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I immediately bought Mutant Blob attack and Escape Plan when I got my Vita last month. Loved Mutant Blob, and was lukewarm on Escape Plan. Finally bit the bullet last week and bought Unit 13, despite it not being the best game. I just wanted something meaty on the Vita which was also an exclusive.

Just a re-iteration: Co-op is GREAT in this game, if you have someone to play it with, get it for 20$, even if you get the portable version later.

Shows sold out online :( Was just looking for this today at EBGames & FS. Still $30 there and unfortunately my city doesn't have a BB to pick this up in person.

[quote name='CrushEm']Shows sold out online :( Was just looking for this today at EBGames & FS. Still $30 there and unfortunately my city doesn't have a BB to pick this up in person.[/QUOTE]
I'm so glad I bought this when I had the chance. I bought Disgaea 3 this month and got a $10 game cert, but it's only valid for May. I was thinking of waiting, but I figured I might as well buy it from BB in case it got sold out. Now it's up to $30 at FS. *shrug*

[quote name='retro.elite']Rayman Legends could end up being an exclusive for WiiU[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it. Ubisoft usually ports their games to every console under the sun. Considering how poorly Rayman Origins sold, I'd imagine they want to release the sequel to as many people as possible.

[quote name='retro.elite']Rayman Legends could end up being an exclusive for WiiU[/QUOTE]

The trailer said "exclusive content for wii u", which points towards ports towards other consoles as well.

Trailer looked amazing. Ezio in Rayman, that would awesome.

bread's done
Back