Diablo III Limited Edition [Hardcover Strategy Guide] $21.75 Pre-Order (price drop)

Demise_Angel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Diablo III Limited Edition Guide now available!

$21.75 from Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Li...3569/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334285261&sr=8-2

BradyGames’ Diablo III Limited Edition Strategy Guide includes the following:

One-of-a-kind sculptured metal bookmark featuring Diablo's head.

Amazing hardcover featuring holographic foil, matte film lamination, spot gloss, and a multi-level emboss.

48 pages of Armor Set art unique to the Limited Edition.

Expert tips for dominating Multiplayer action over Battle.net in both cooperative and competitive play.

Not sure how useful this guide would be given that they are revamping pvp... and the game isn't shipping with pvp.

[quote name='rockx4']Not sure how useful this guide would be given that they are revamping pvp... and the game isn't shipping with pvp.[/QUOTE]

It'd probably be as useful as the Dark Souls guide, which is still good for area maps and whatnot.

It was the metal Diablo head bookmark that did it for me and they put it in my quick picks for $20.66 so Amazon pretty much forced me to buy one.

Will buy one even though I may not be able to play the game with my current pc setup. Hehe. Thanks op!

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']It'd probably be as useful as the Dark Souls guide, which is still good for area maps and whatnot.[/QUOTE]

Except all the dungeons and most maps in D3 are randomly generated...

Guide for this type of game seems really useless, since they will change skills and stats as they go to balance them.

I don't care how "useless" people think this will be. I have not purchased a guide for a game since Ocarina of time on the N64... and there's no doubt in my mind I'm picking this up. For this price, with the bookmark, it's a no-brainer to me.

I'd grab it, because it seems like a really good price. Especially since I am getting a collectors edition copy of D3. However, like others have said, the info in this guide will be pretty much outdated as soon the game hits the store shelves. So sadly I think I will skip it. I managed to talk myself out of getting the Book of Cain earlier this year too. So I just have to keep telling myself "I don't need it!".

Thanks Demise_Angel! Definitely in for one. I doubt I'll use it as a guide but it will be a good read when I'm bored. I'm not into very many series but Blizzard makes such amazing games.

[quote name='OtherAdam']Except all the dungeons and most maps in D3 are randomly generated...

Guide for this type of game seems really useless, since they will change skills and stats as they go to balance them.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.
Though, LE guides under $25 is decent deal. Thanks for posting!

[quote name='rockx4']Not sure how useful this guide would be given that they are revamping pvp... and the game isn't shipping with pvp.[/QUOTE]

I play Diablo for the SINGLE PLAYER.

Thanks op.
tyhjgbnhj

This showed up in my Quick Picks at $20.66, and I'm mildly interested since it's hardcover, but is there a point in owning a guide for a game that might change down the road (e.g., through patches or whatnot)?

I read the D2 guide cover to cover more times than I can remember; not because I wanted "L337 tactics" but because the lore was interesting. I'd buy a Diablo hardcover lore guide in a heartbeat.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I read the D2 guide cover to cover more times than I can remember; not because I wanted "L337 tactics" but because the lore was interesting. I'd buy a Diablo hardcover lore guide in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

This is the only reason I'd buy this guide.

My order for the limited edition guide just shipped out (today, Wednesday 09MAY2012). I have two day free shipping through Amazon Prime and the expected arrival date is 11MAY2012 (Friday). Looks like it shipped out early!

i am guessing so, i pre-ordered my 3 days ago. and i am guessing everyone on internet were buying it from amazon and reselling it everywhere else.

[quote name='karamsoul']My order for the limited edition guide just shipped out (today, Wednesday 09MAY2012). I have two day free shipping through Amazon Prime and the expected arrival date is 11MAY2012 (Friday). Looks like it shipped out early![/QUOTE]

yea mine just shipped today too and the expected arrival date is tomorrow! lol

Reading this thread made me want to snag a copy... bummed that it is now out of stock. I have it in my wishlist, so hopefully some extra stock shows up.

Barnes and Nobles has it available for almost the same price as Amazon (you have to pay shipping on it so it comes out to around $25 unless you buy something else for the free shipping). Diablo 3 Guide at Barnes and Noble

My question is how much art do you think will be included in the guide? My Girlfriend collects artbooks from video games occasionally and I know she is a pretty big Diablo fan. I am debating getting this for her because I know I wont use the guide.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Barnes and Nobles has it available for almost the same price as Amazon (you have to pay shipping on it so it comes out to around $25 unless you buy something else for the free shipping). Diablo 3 Guide at Barnes and Noble

My question is how much art do you think will be included in the guide? My Girlfriend collects artbooks from video games occasionally and I know she is a pretty big Diablo fan. I am debating getting this for her because I know I wont use the guide.[/QUOTE]

Product description mentions 48 pages of exclusive art. You might be better off getting her the CE of the game or just buying the CEs artbook off eBay in a few weeks.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Barnes and Nobles has it available for almost the same price as Amazon (you have to pay shipping on it so it comes out to around $25 unless you buy something else for the free shipping). Diablo 3 Guide at Barnes and Noble

My question is how much art do you think will be included in the guide? My Girlfriend collects artbooks from video games occasionally and I know she is a pretty big Diablo fan. I am debating getting this for her because I know I wont use the guide.[/QUOTE]

Here's a tip. If you know she likes art and likes Diablo, then you automatically buy it. It doesn't matter if there's a certain amount of art in it. You'll score major points for even trying.

My question is how much art do you think will be included in the guide? My Girlfriend collects artbooks from video games occasionally and I know she is a pretty big Diablo fan. I am debating getting this for her because I know I wont use the guide.[/QUOTE]Two things about ordering it from BN.com:

1) Once it releases and is no longer a pre-order, the coupon code of K9M9X8K or T9B4X8H should get an additional 20% off of the guide. Good until the end of the month.

2) If you get a two-month trial membership of the BN Membership Club, which is free, you can get free shipping on any order of any cost. You can cancel auto-renew at any time with their membership club, just like Amazon Prime.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Just got this guide delivered a few minutes ago. Only came 5 days early hehe.[/QUOTE]

..okay, so where the fuck are your impressions of the guide then?

:)

[quote name='shrike4242']Two things about ordering it from BN.com:

1) Once it releases and is no longer a pre-order, the coupon code of K9M9X8K or T9B4X8H should get an additional 20% off of the guide. Good until the end of the month.

2) If you get a two-month trial membership of the BN Membership Club, which is free, you can get free shipping on any order of any cost. You can cancel auto-renew at any time with their membership club, just like Amazon Prime.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I will wait till it becomes a non preorder and use the coupon code if they still got them. That and add an extra book to get free shipping because I am looking for a book anyway.

[quote name='karamsoul']..okay, so where the fuck are your impressions of the guide then?[/QUOTE]

Not gonna open it yet! :) I don't want to spoil stuff for myself by flipping through the guide.

Besides I am not totally sure I will hold on to it. I agree to a certain extent with the sentiment that a Diablo III strategy guide has very limited utility since it is highly likely that skill stats, item stats, monster stats, etc. will all be significantly changed after a few patches come out. Also, as all the maps are randomly generated, there is relatively little use in walkthroughs that may contain things like where to find all the secrets on a particular mission, etc. like you could have in Fallout or Mass Effect.

I can say that the cover is kind of neat, very clean, simple design which I tend to like. The "III" on the front is sort of holographic kind of like the ME3 cover. Although I do think it would have been cool if the book looked more "in-universe" kind of like the Book of Cain does.

On the back there is an extra cardboard "layer" (separate from the back cover) that has the bookmark in it so you can see it from the back.

Yea, although it says it will deliver on Monday I seriously doubt it won't arrive on my doorstep tomorrow. Left a warehouse in the same city I live in. This thing is arriving like a Diablo out of hell.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Thanks, I will wait till it becomes a non preorder and use the coupon code if they still got them. That and add an extra book to get free shipping because I am looking for a book anyway.[/QUOTE]Since it releases on the 15th, it should still be there on the 15th. Beyond that, who knows.

I've found their club useful for online orders with the free shipping, though the real value is in-store for the 10% off, which stacks with sale pricing as well. Useful for Criterion purchases when they go on sale twice a year.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Yea, although it says it will deliver on Monday I seriously doubt it won't arrive on my doorstep tomorrow. Left a warehouse in the same city I live in. This thing is arriving like a Diablo out of hell.[/QUOTE]Mine also shipped today and is supposed to deliver on Monday as well. We'll see if that pans out.

My copy is at my local PO as of 9am today... Hopefully they get it to me today and not tomorrow. Will be curious how up-to-date the information will be since they've done some heavy revamps in the last month or two.

got my copy today and sadly they slashed the top twice with a box cutter. called up amazon and told them about the defect mind you i was only looking to get a replacement order or a small discount for the damage. the guy i got said that amazon isnt expecting to get anymore in and refunded my entire order and told me to keep the guide free. not going to complain one bit about that. was only asking for something small and amazon came out way over the top.

[quote name='gauu']got my copy today and sadly they slashed the top twice with a box cutter. called up amazon and told them about the defect mind you i was only looking to get a replacement order or a small discount for the damage. the guy i got said that amazon isnt expecting to get anymore in and refunded my entire order and told me to keep the guide free. not going to complain one bit about that. was only asking for something small and amazon came out way over the top.[/QUOTE]

They usually do.

oh dont get me wrong amazon has always fixed issues with orders etc..ive just never had a collectors order be refunded fully and was just totally unexpected. put a huge smile on my face. even though i prolly wont touch the guide until after i beat normal first to avoid spoilers.

bread's done
Back