- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

#481 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

Apparently tonight's refs got fired from the Lingerie Football League for incompetence.

http://deadspin.com/5946112/
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#482 aleraiders   2 PS4's in 2 HRS CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

aleraiders

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:10 AM

Apparently tonight's refs got fired from the Lingerie Football League for incompetence.

http://deadspin.com/5946112/

Dam...that's just crazy...no it ain't cuz the NFL doesn't care...y is everyone worked up??...we all knew this was going to happen....I'm actually waiting for a big brawl to break out

Don't you just love it when stupid people think you're stupid.....

#483 Dendaman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:44 AM

Who gives a shit....get over it...bad calls happen everywhere around the world....Liverpool got screwed and the world didn't end....the refs gave LeBron a ring....get over it

There are bad calls, and then there are calls like this. There hasn't been a call this terrible since the tuck rule.
Posted Image

#484 pitfallharry219   Salty milk & pennies CAGiversary!   12313 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

pitfallharry219

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

212-450-2027

This is apparently the phone number for Roger Goodell. Clay Matthews just posted it on Facebook.

#485 packerfan10   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

packerfan10

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

To bad it wasn't December and it was Winter time. Green bay could have thrown some snowballs at these fucking dimbats.

Posted Image

#486 DestroVega   Life is short... stunt it CAGiversary!   7152 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

DestroVega

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

That was a terrible call, even more terrible after they confirmed the call using instant replay.

Spoiler

They can't even overturn the call on the field with replay, so that didn't matter.

Catch possession is not reviewable so it doesn't matter that one ref had touchback and one has TD at the same time lol.

This is a joke now.

#487 aleraiders   2 PS4's in 2 HRS CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

aleraiders

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:08 AM

There are bad calls, and then there are calls like this. There hasn't been a call this terrible since the tuck rule.

True but....as a raider fan I've seen ed mcaffery (broncos wr) just flat out take a flop on route (untouched) and Charles Woodson got called for def. Pass interference....and countless others...

#488 ScottsUSERID   G.I. Jew CAGiversary!   3679 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

ScottsUSERID

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

The Packers should of just stayed quiet, walked off the field, not played through the extra point. It would be a silent protest, a forced forfeit. The game would of ended 1-0 thus disqualifying all the stats and the game from the record book. Would of been the ultimate silent protest even Gandhi would of been proud of.

#489 DT778   number 1 on the westside CAGiversary!   10478 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

No it would not have ended 1-0. The seahawks would just do the kick or run a simple 2 point conversion with no defenders on the field.

#490 chapnis   u wot m8 CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

The Packers should of just stayed quiet, walked off the field, not played through the extra point. It would be a silent protest, a forced forfeit. The game would of ended 1-0 thus disqualifying all the stats and the game from the record book. Would of been the ultimate silent protest even Gandhi would of been proud of.

They did the right thing though, can't have a cry about it.

#491 Demolition Man   REV-OH-LU-TION! CAGiversary!   14824 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Demolition Man

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

No it would not have ended 1-0. The seahawks would just do the kick or run a simple 2 point conversion with no defenders on the field.

Can you imagine if somehow the Seahawks failed on either of those?

New sig coming soon.

#492 Predator21281   The Parking Lot Pimp CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Predator21281

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

They would have just been awarded the 2 points. Positive side, the Bears are now tied with the Viking atop the NFC North. You know, I really think Goodell wants to get the old refs back, but now they are seeing all the terrible calls and realize their skills are worth what they want and more. I can see this going all the way to the Super Bowl, and by the playoffs, we will at least get the good refs picked from all the terrible ones.
Brawl Friend Code
Gull 5198 2154 2481

#493 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6031 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

Someone tell these refs they can go back to footlocker now. I can't believe how awful they are.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#494 DestroVega   Life is short... stunt it CAGiversary!   7152 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

DestroVega

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

I thought this yesterday morning, before all of this even happened.

I think the players should just strike this week. The CBA they signed just last year was not under the assumption the game would be called by people who had no idea what they are doing.

And the Commish is only really doing what the owners want, he is the head of the owners, I have to imagine now that teams are being given losses instead of wins that those owners will tell him to settle. The Packers could miss the playoffs now by this one call, and think of how much money that could cost them.

#495 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15987 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

They did the right thing though, can't have a cry about it.

I agree.

Maybe Schiano would have left the field. The Packers/McCarthy did the right and classy thing.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#496 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6031 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

BREAKING -JaMarcus Russell eyeing return to NFL after discovering games can be won by throwing interceptions. yfrog.com/oevljedtj” Lolol

— Desmond bishop (@Desbishop55) September 25, 2012

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#497 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

Posted Image

#498 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24112 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

Posted Image

That doesnt make any sense. The lockout was a cash grab by the owners. Players can't threaten a lockout. They would have to go on strike.

#499 Ced   Monster Hustler CAGiversary!   1244 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

Who gives a shit....get over it...bad calls happen everywhere around the world....Liverpool got screwed and the world didn't end....the refs gave LeBron a ring....get over it

Sure we're going to get Tuck Rule games every so often, but when there's a threat of a Tuck Rule game happening weekly due to inexperienced staffing, it's something the NFL shouldn't ignore but still is. The bulk of fans probably don't care, but the players do and they aren't as easily replaced.

#500 Ced   Monster Hustler CAGiversary!   1244 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

Maybe Schiano would have left the field.

Or called a blitz...

#501 DestroVega   Life is short... stunt it CAGiversary!   7152 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

DestroVega

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

@dandakich: According to former Player rep Joe Staysniak the players can walk w/o violating CBA if they feel safety being compromised..lets go players

#502 tonyv4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2304 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

After watching the play several times, I still don't understand why the GB defender didn't attempt to knock it down since that's what they teach you to do. Seems like he wanted to improve his stats or something.

#503 bigdaddybruce44   Murders & Executions CAGiversary!   13294 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

bigdaddybruce44

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

After watching the play several times, I still don't understand why the GB defender didn't attempt to knock it down since that's what they teach you to do. Seems like he wanted to improve his stats or something.

Knocking it down can be a dangerous proposition, especially in and around the endzone. Case in point: what happened in the Titans/Lions game.

#504 klwillis45   Tararrel CAGiversary!   2569 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

klwillis45

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Of course knocking it down is a foolproof plan.
Posted Image

#505 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6031 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

To echo everyone else, I would agree that his best bet was to go for the pick. He had control of the ball, brought it into his body, and did everything right in that regard. The one ref just was retarded, tried copying the other ref's arm pattern, and called a touchdown rather than a touchback.

#506 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   8099 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

If the NFL does not bend after this clusterfuck of a game the NFL will just look petty.

#507 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6031 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

Official Statement from the NFL backs the refs:

http://www.nfl.com/n...hawks-touchdown

I personally won't watch anymore games this year until we get the real refs back. I'll keep up with fantasy football using my espn app, or on their site but will not be watching any televised games. I know it doesn't change much in their eyes, but it is the only thing I can do in a silent protest.

#508 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Official Statement from the NFL backs the refs:

http://www.nfl.com/n...hawks-touchdown

I personally won't watch anymore games this year until we get the real refs back. I'll keep up with fantasy football using my espn app, or on their site but will not be watching any televised games. I know it doesn't change much in their eyes, but it is the only thing I can do in a silent protest.

So you're supporting the regular refs and thus unions, huh? Interesting...

#509 JJSP   Beyond economical repair. CAGiversary!   9861 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Look at a number of games this week that had dangerous hits that weren't called; things that would typically be fined offenses that will continue to happen. Ed Reed had one that comes to mind as well as the DHB injury. The referees have an obligation to the players to help ensure their safety - half of the Seattle sacks last night came because the GB receivers were getting the shit kicked out of them downfield without interference calls.

#510 aleraiders   2 PS4's in 2 HRS CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

aleraiders

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

Look at a number of games this week that had dangerous hits that weren't called; things that would typically be fined offenses that will continue to happen. Ed Reed had one that comes to mind as well as the DHB injury. The referees have an obligation to the players to help ensure their safety - half of the Seattle sacks last night came because the GB receivers were getting the shit kicked out of them downfield without interference calls.

heyward-bey was dam near paralyzed (looked like it for a second until he put his arm up to the fans as he was being carted off)....does anyone give a shit??? ALMOST PARALYZED!!!!...no flag....no call...

so to all these fans that are throwing fits over a bad call at the end of a game last night...get over it...move on...

actually its somewhat exciting to watch small brawls almost break out after each play...you can smell the male testosterone in the air...the nfl hired these guys who werent wanted in division 3, arena league, lingerie league, high school, jr. college or whatever...what do u expect???....

if anything....now you have to beat 2 teams...ur opponent and the refs...