Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Best Buy LE (360/PS3) $29.99 @ Best Buy

TheRock88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
This is the Best Buy LE, not the SE that normally costs $70.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Residen...1456&skuId=2737171&st=resident evil&lp=2&cp=1

PS3
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Residen...2028&skuId=2737269&st=resident evil&lp=1&cp=1

*edit*
Apparently some people are still confused. Again, this is NOT the regular steelbook LE that looks like this:
NOT THIS VERSION
51%2B4k4WgYxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

NOT THIS VERSION

This is the version you're getting (which is the regular game but comes with 2 guns and a few costumes):
10187634.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='United_Korea']rented this from gamefly and i still feel ripped off. terrible game.[/QUOTE]

nah its a decent game, well worth the $30, you probably didnt like it cuz you played alone, this game is awesome when played with friends

[quote name='VaultDweller']nah its a decent game, well worth the $30, you probably didnt like it cuz you played alone, this game is awesome when played with friends[/QUOTE]

This. The multiplayer is pretty fun, it just gets kind of boring fast though. Ended up trading it while i can still get 35$ for it.

[quote name='technicalstylez']man i wish there was an @gamer mag coupon for this[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I mean I kind of want to play it but I heard too many bad things about it.
I'd pick it up for $20 but for $30 still hesitant.
Although the extra weapons pack and alternative outfits are a nice incentive.

lol. forgot about the outfits..tempting now.. think i have a couple games i can trade in for the 60% tiv boost and get this for free. might just have to do that.

[quote name='iduncurr']Seriously, I mean I kind of want to play it but I heard too many bad things about it.
I'd pick it up for $20 but for $30 still hesitant.
Although the extra weapons pack and alternative outfits are a nice incentive.[/QUOTE]

well it's worth risking a free few day rental if you buy it and then flip back to bestbuy w +60%.
wanna make a quick cag group for ps3 operation raccoon city?
i got to finish a bunch of games in the next few days hopefully.
oh and another baby on the way! yay, wife is getting a 2nd ultrasound tomorrow. woot
off topic / sorry!
n wow very quick drop! why isnt yakuza dead souls or darkness 2 dropping so fast? lol

[quote name='Kinggiddra']Can I price match this? I bought this at best buy last month. Get my damn 40 dollars back!?[/QUOTE]

its just best buys exclusive vanilla version, not the steelbook le. so if u got the vanilla version, yes u can price adjust. if u got the steelbook 1, then nope.

good call on renting..redbox it is. gonna save the credit for silent hill hd next week. moving on, congrats on the new kid.

[quote name='Velo214']well it's worth risking a free few day rental if you buy it and then flip back to bestbuy w +60%.
wanna make a quick cag group for ps3 operation raccoon city?
i got to finish a bunch of games in the next few days hopefully.
oh and another baby on the way! yay, wife is getting a 2nd ultrasound tomorrow. woot
off topic / sorry!
n wow very quick drop! why isnt yakuza dead souls or darkness 2 dropping so fast? lol[/QUOTE]

I really contemplated this game since I am hardcore RE fan. I rented it for 360 at Redbox. Yeah, I'll wait till under $15 for this.

Or even the PC version releasing on May 18 during a steam sale or something for $10 eventually.

WOW and the codes for the bonus content is still going for $20 on eBay. The patches are still pretty pricey too. Looks like I'll be getting most of my money back :D

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']WOW and the codes for the bonus content is still going for $20 on eBay. The patches are still pretty pricey too. Looks like I'll be getting most of my money back :D[/QUOTE]

that's stuff from the special edition. this is a best buy exclusive edition.
different bonus items.

[quote name='akir']that's stuff from the special edition. this is a best buy exclusive edition.
different bonus items.[/QUOTE]

*facepalm*

whoops nevermind.

What does the Best Buy SE have over vanilla retail editions? Is it something worthwhile, or is it just like an extra gun for MP. Cause I'll be at Best Buy today, so I might pick it up.

BTW, the trade in value on Amazon is 31 bucks right now for the PS3 version. So you can get essentially a free rental if you don't like it or feel that you can wait for the price to drop further. Plus, if whatever the Best Buy bonus is comes with a DLC code and not on the disc, you basically get that for free if that's the route you take.

anybody get this game on xbox 360. hit me up. I need people to play with. GT: Ginuwine Import. (side note: I'm an achievement whore so if anybody is down for achievements let me know)

I thought I read on the Capcom forums that they have already released additional DLC above and beyond what they had available for Day 1 DLC.

Capcom being Capcom

Please dont buy this game. Dont support Crapcom. They milk and re-release their games with pure greed. Wait for the $9.99 price point on Black Friday.

I agree with most people.. I don't see what all the hate is about? It's a fun co-op/MP experience. I bought it at Target during their clearance mix up and I have been enjoying it. That being said... if anyone wants to play on the PS3 add me or PM me. Working on getting the platinum.

[quote name='Dwarfman']I agree with most people.. I don't see what all the hate is about? It's a fun co-op/MP experience. I bought it at Target during their clearance mix up and I have been enjoying it. That being said... if anyone wants to play on the PS3 add me or PM me. Working on getting the platinum.[/QUOTE]

Well technically this is cheapassgamer. All they do is complain about prices. :cool: I paid $35 when it was on clearance at Target and didn't feel ripped off. Then again, they might be Gears of War fanboys considering this is a third person shooter and tend to troll on other 3rd person shooter games.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Release Date 3/20/2012. Don't some people get 60 days to price adjust this?

Edit: Lmao United![/QUOTE]60 days doesn't start till June 18

[quote name='Kinggiddra']Can I price match this? I bought this at best buy last month. Get my damn 40 dollars back!?[/QUOTE]30 days(45 for Silver members) from the day you bought it.

[quote name='Alien Spider']I'm so tempted right now...but I think I'll wait for the actual SE to be on sale or the inevitable "Gold" edition.[/QUOTE]Have you seen the price of the RE5 gold edition? It'll take longer for that to reach $30 than this. $30 is still the MSRP.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Since when do you get to call a vanilla copy with preorder DLC guns thrown in a limited edition?[/QUOTE]

Since when does it matter when it cost the same?

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Since when do you get to call a vanilla copy with preorder DLC guns thrown in a limited edition?[/QUOTE]

uh... gamestop does it all the time? Assassin's Creed Revelations Signature Edition and Dead Island Special Edition come to mind (Both Gamestop exclusives)

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Or even the PC version releasing on May 18 during a steam sale or something for $10 eventually.[/QUOTE]

Steam has RE5 on there and it has only gone on sale maybe twice for $15. I don't think capcom really lets their games go on sale very often there. >.<

Needless to say, I bit. I wanted to hold out but really needed to kill some zombies!

bread's done
Back