Suggestions for VG Collection software?

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Well, my collection is getting to the point where I can't remember exactly what I've got any more, and I've ended up with duplicate games or worse, passing up on a game I thought I already had.

So my question is, do you collectors out there use any specific software/website to keep track of your collection? I'm really looking for something that's integrated with the iPhone or Android so I can quickly reference it.

It'd be really great if it keeps track of multiple editions of games, for instance Resident Evil: Directors Cut has a single case and double case variant for the PS1.

Thanks!

I was just doing research on this exact topic last night.

The best option I've found so far is:
http://www.collectorz.com/game/

However the price tag is rough. $50 for the software, plus another $10 for the iPhone app. And if i'm not mistaken, you have to pay more for an app that will do the barcode scanning for you. I didn't research it much after I saw the initial prices -- I'm not $60+ interested in cataloging my games.

Wow, yeah, I like the depth of options available but $60 is a bit steep. I see they have a free trial, so maybe I'll give it a look at least.

Ugh, the apps have to be manually synced AND you can't add games using it. at $9.99 that's a ripoff.

I'm going to keep a keen watch on this thread as I've wanted to do something like this for a while. So far the CAG in me like's the "free" of itrackmine.com, but I really wish collectorz was cheaper. One thing that irks me is that if you did the collectorz route that it doesn't mention that the iPhone version could just connect to your online profile and get your games. You have to export it and import it? Lots of middle man work.

This is probably not what your looking for but I use NES Collector and PS1 collector apps. They are $5 each but they list every game and you can check what you have and also make a want list. Another cool part is they give you the average eBay prices right in the app. They have them for other systems at well but each one is $5. It also has a rarity meter to tell you how rare the game is. The other apps that handle all systems weren't that appealing to me since I mainly want this for iPhone/iPad

I have an excel spread sheet for each system, for dvds, for blus, etc. It's easy to keep updated now that I have everything in it, plus I can copy them over to google docs and have them online that way too.

Hello,

quite an old thread but i think you might still be interested.

I developed a software collection app, called : Coll'Them All. Available in the app store.
See my web site for more information about it -> http://tamedapps.com

Every detail about a game can ben handled (box, instructions, spine card, plastic case, bonus, ...), you can track how much you spend by month, create a wish list, access to a remote database to avoid filling extra information about a game etc...

A major version is about to be released including bar code scanning, arcade, computers and smartphone games management, advanced search, PDF print and email, collection statistics...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so pissed when IGN got rid of Club (whatever it was) that let you track your collection. I need a new one too. I was gonna try the collectorz trial but never did.

I use RFGeneration's tools to track my retro stuff - they have an Android application that, while it isn't great, will do the job. It's the only one I've found with cartridge/box/manual fields.

I use Excel for my PC and Game Vault for my iPhone. Excel works well and Game Vault is quite a nice app, but I do wish I could find something which syncs. Updating both manually and separately is annoying.

[quote name='Neo Queen Serenity']I use Mediaman to keep track of the things I own. Its only for PC though.

Collectorz has software that works on PC and Mac, they also have apps for android and iphone/ipad

http://www.collectorz.com/game/[/QUOTE]

collectorz.com makes the best tracking software out there. I use it for comics and my wife uses it for books and it is indispensable. Unless you are adding in batches (which I'm not even sure why/how you would with games) or want your collection visible online, there is no reason to buy the $50 version. The $30 has all core functionality that 90%+ of people would ever need. Personally, I have the $50 version and a 4 and a half year subscription to the online version and has revolutionized the way I handle my comic collection. It is literally the first change I have made to how I catalog comics since I bought my first computer back in 1987. There is a free trial version. Try it. It's worth it.

collectorz.com is quite a good generic app but when you want to be extremely accurate about your game collection, it's useless. That's why i developed an app for this.

I'm going to bring it to Android as well in april.

Just a quick message to notify the availability of a major release of the iOS app i developed to help managing its game collection, Coll'Them All. A lot of work since the first release, i really want it to be the best app on this devices.

It now includes :

- barcode scanning
- arcade, computers and mobile games
- a huge database of games (90 000entries), still growing
- even more accurate than before in your item content : inner box, plastic case, foam, bonus, advertisement, etc...
- digital games
- advanced search and statistics about your collection
- CSV - PDF export
- new design

I Hope you'll find it useful and enjoyable to use.
Available here ->tamedapps.com

If you have any remark, don't hesitate.
iPad version will be available in 3 weeks.
Android version in a couple of months.

For tamedapps.com, is it possible to have boxart on the list of games by system? OR is that only available on the game detail page?

You can add photo to your game. But you can also see photo (if i have some available) when browsing the online database.

(screenshots of the app on my site are not up to date. I'm currently updating them right now. Accurate screen shots are available on the App Store.)

website finally updated :cool:

so you can see clearly what my app can do -> tamedapps.com
or for french people -> tamedapps.fr

bread's done
Back