Blazblue Calamity Trigger 9.96 + sh Gohastings

drastion

CAGiversary!
Got a fightstick recently and have been out of the fighting game scene for a while. Trying out some new ones and found this deal.

With shipping comes to 12.24

www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/BlazBlue-Calamity-Trigger/sku/279047717.uts

At this point, I would recommend just getting Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend. It has an abbreviated version of the first game's story, all the stories from Continuum Shift 1/2, and new stories for Makoto, Valkenhayn, Platinum, and Relius. There are seven more characters in Extend, three new modes as opposed to to Calamity Trigger, and improved balancing. You can get the PS3 PAL version for ~$20 from Zavvi right now if you pair it with another game. It's a very good deal for probably the most underrated fighter of this gen. No bullshit X-Factor, Pandora Mode, bug fixes or gem crap in this game.

Still, if you REALLY want to save the $10 or can't find another game to pair Extend with, $10 for CT isn't bad. Thanks for posting OP.

I don't have it yet bet from what I read its supposed to be really beginner friendly. Using only three attack buttons and a special button. So things are activated by pressing multiple buttons at once. It goes a lot more in depth than that. It came out on vita and got good reviews and its got basically the same controls as the dual shock.

Although the extended version mentioned above allows for a stylish mode where combos are brought down to simple button mashing. It says shipped within a month for that one on zavvi.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PublikDefender']how is this game if you only have a dualshock 3? can you still pull off all the moves ok?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Most people who play fighting games regularly prefer to have a fight stick, but there are still a lot of people who prefer or are okay with using a PS3 controller. The D-Pad is good for precision, double-tapping and the like. It mostly boils down to preference.

[quote name='drastion']I don't have it yet bet from what I read its supposed to be really beginner friendly. Using only three attack buttons and a special button. So things are activated by pressing multiple buttons at once. It goes a lot more in depth than that. It came out on vita and got good reviews and its got basically the same controls as the dual shock.

Although the extended version above allows for a stylish mode where combos are brought down to simple button mashing.[/QUOTE]

That's right. Blazblue operates on a four-button layout, and using combinations of buttons allows you to do things like Throws and Barrier. The system (as well as the game itself) are incredibly deep, but still allow you to appreciate it on a lower playing level for when you first get started.

Just do yourself a favor and don't play the game on Stylish Mode. Trust me- it's no fun at all.

bread's done
Back