GameStop- Save $50 off a new or used PS3. Free game with purchase of New 360 or PS3.

TheAngryCAG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
From April 20th-26th GameStop will be offering $50 off NEW and USED(Slim only) PS3 systems.

You will also receive a free copy of either Mortal Kombat: Komoletr Edition or Batman: Arkham City with the purchase of a NEW PS3 or XBOX360.

Edit: GameStop will also be offering a 50% trade bonus on any preowned purchase from 4/20-4/29

Edit #2: Since so many people are asking, this has been confirmed to work on the 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle, bringing the price down to $249.99

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dark Rider']That's actually a pretty good deal. Maybe I will trade in some junk and try and pick up a used one.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='karyadi']Oh no, a gamestop thread. Put your anti-flame shields up! Thanks, OP.[/QUOTE]

LOL... Gamestop, people love to hate!

Pretty decent deal. I want to jump on it, but I have a 20+ game backlog for 360. So why would I want another system...

That and I severely don't like GameStop, but have $200 in credit there still

Dam Gamestop and their 30 day return policy I just picked-up a new PS3 on 3/17/12 and its still unopened whish I could do a return and rebuy to get the deal. I might just eat the $50.00 saving on the 160gb one I got and just upgrade to the 320gb which would now be the same price with the $50.00 off. Anybody ever have luck returning anything past the 30 days if it is still unopened?

Woah, so we can trade stuff in at 50%+10% and use that toward a used PS3 and get $50 off that? I might have to pick one up. Are PS3s reliable such that buying a used one is a safe bet?

What's their price for a used 160 GB? None of those seem to be on the website. The only refurbished slims are in bundles.

[quote name='crunchewy']Woah, so we can trade stuff in at 50%+10% and use that toward a used PS3 and get $50 off that? I might have to pick one up. Are PS3s reliable such that buying a used one is a safe bet?[/QUOTE]

If you do get a Slim. If you get a fat more likely than not you'll get a YLOD system that someone reflowed and traded in. Even if it wasn't YLOD before a lot of the older fats are due to YLOD in the near future.

Definitely glad to hear the 50% towards a pre-owned purchase. I've been meaning to pick up a few items.

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']I should also mention that GameStop will be giving a 50% trade bonus with ANY pre-owned purchase. I guess I'll add that to the OP[/QUOTE]

Where did you see that? When does it start? There is nothing on their website about it yet.

Hmm, yeah, I guess it makes more sense to get a new one and get $50 off plus a game, but if I were to get MK i'd want it for 360, because I've got a 360 arcade stick. Can you get the 360 version of one of those games instead of the PS3 version?

seems like gamestop knows something that everyone doesn't know yet (PS3 Price Drop?) and are trying to unload as much ps3 as possible...

$199 for a 160GB + a game is a pretty good deal though!

[quote name='karyadi']"Something is off", when people buy Batman: AC for $10, flip it into Gamestop for about $30 and think their moral compass isn't off when they judge Gamestop. Seems people can be just as "pleasant" as Gamestop.
Definitely glad to hear the 50% towards a pre-owned purchase. I've been meaning to pick up a few items.[/QUOTE]

Morals you say ? Lmao ! Nobody was doing anything wrong with that long running batman flip. We all want to make a little extra in a legal way and that was a easy way to do it :)

As for this deal i can see a price drop of the ps3 to go along side some footage of that new god of war game being made during e3 !

[quote name='crunchewy']Hmm, yeah, I guess it makes more sense to get a new one and get $50 off plus a game, but if I were to get MK i'd want it for 360, because I've got a 360 arcade stick. Can you get the 360 version of one of those games instead of the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

I think it will limit you to the same system as purchased. Wouldn't hurt to try though

[quote name='crunchewy']Woah, so we can trade stuff in at 50%+10% and use that toward a used PS3 and get $50 off that? I might have to pick one up. Are PS3s reliable such that buying a used one is a safe bet?

What's their price for a used 160 GB? None of those seem to be on the website. The only refurbished slims are in bundles.[/QUOTE]

Crunchewy. If you'd prefer a new one, don't forget the old buy a $.99 preowned game and trade in all of your stuff for the 50% bonus option.

[quote name='bgame2']Crunchewy. If you'd prefer a new one, don't forget the old buy a $.99 preowned game and trade in all of your stuff for the 50% bonus option.[/QUOTE]

i love taking advantage of that ! Especially when i give the clerk the game and he has that look on his face that says "really ? ... REALLY ?" lol. They always just throw it back in the bin when the transaction is done

[quote name='ajh2298']Dam Gamestop and their 30 day return policy I just picked-up a new PS3 on 3/17/12 and its still unopened whish I could do a return and rebuy to get the deal. I might just eat the $50.00 saving on the 160gb one I got and just upgrade to the 320gb which would now be the same price with the $50.00 off. Anybody ever have luck returning anything past the 30 days if it is still unopened?[/QUOTE]

Couldn't hurt to try bro. If you're a regular fixture at your GameStop, like most of us are, they'll probably show you a bit of grace. Can't hurt to ask.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Morals you say ? Lmao ! Nobody was doing anything wrong with that long running batman flip. We all want to make a little extra in a legal way and that was a easy way to do it :)

As for this deal i can see a price drop of the ps3 to go along side some footage of that new god of war game being made during e3 ![/QUOTE]

Not saying everyone, just the gamestop haters. "No deals, I can't get shit from gamestop, oh they make money as a company but let's get off a profit from them!"

Gamestop makes profits off of pre-owned but you got to experience how buying a product cheap and trading off of Batman: AC for more felt. Moral compass, I'm a tool.

[quote name='strait edge follower']i love taking advantage of that ! Especially when i give the clerk the game and he has that look on his face that says "really ? ... REALLY ?" lol. They always just throw it back in the bin when the transaction is done[/QUOTE]
lol the guy at my gamestop pretty much expects people to just do the 50% bump so they have a stack of cheap games right by the cashier, tho i might pick up some old ps2 games with this deal, been meaning to get a copy of shinobi for awhile now

Edit: does anyone know if the $50 off and free game work with the uncharted bundle?

[quote name='bgame2']Crunchewy. If you'd prefer a new one, don't forget the old buy a $.99 preowned game and trade in all of your stuff for the 50% bonus option.[/QUOTE]

Ah! Good idea! Now I'd still really like to have MK for 360. Hopefully they'd allow that.

Is there a listing for this deal somewhere on their home page? I looked around but couldn't find any mention of it.

[quote name='GBAstar']So you could get a new slim for $199 (Isn't MSRP $249) AND get either MK or Batman AC?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dark Rider']Where did you see that? When does it start? There is nothing on their website about it yet.[/QUOTE]

I just called GS and they said that the sale starts tomorrow. I bought MK:KE when they had the spring sale and the guy said that I can return it / get it for free. Also they will be offering a $50 bonus trade in on used systems.

I think that Sony might offer a new bundle and a $50 price drop soon, just a guess after seeing this deal.

The OP does not say the free game will be new or sealed. Now you know what they will do with all the flips from BBY.

[quote name='spatenfloot']The OP does not say the free game will be new or sealed. Now you know what they will do with all the flips from BBY.[/QUOTE]

Lol was gonna post the same thing. Gotta ditch these Batmans somehow

[quote name='JP73']Doies this include the Uncharted bundle?[/QUOTE]

It would be really hot with the R&C:A4O and LBP2:SE bundle. You spend $200, but you could almost knock it down to less than $150 by selling/trading all 3 games.

If you wanted infamous 2, you could trade in R&C at BBV (should be $22) and pick up infamous 2 (sells for $20).

[quote name='iduncurr']What's the Komoletr Edition?[/QUOTE]

It's actually K.O.M.O.L.E.T.R Edition, or the Kings of Men Order Ladies Everyday To Read Edition

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Comes with all DLC (or almost all). Basically a GOTY[/QUOTE]

You're doing it wrong.
I get the gamestop hate, but I must be pretty damn lucky, I've got three gamestops locally with employees who really know their stuff. Got one guy who's having a Brawl arcade stick transferred from Puerto Rico for me, told the guy he was talking to in PR to throw in some Gamecube fillers to pad out the shipment.

[quote name='ajh2298']Dam Gamestop and their 30 day return policy I just picked-up a new PS3 on 3/17/12 and its still unopened whish I could do a return and rebuy to get the deal. I might just eat the $50.00 saving on the 160gb one I got and just upgrade to the 320gb which would now be the same price with the $50.00 off. Anybody ever have luck returning anything past the 30 days if it is still unopened?[/QUOTE]

If you bought it with a credit card you could use return protection benefits, ymmv depending on your credit card.

[quote name='kitsunisan']You're doing it wrong.
I get the gamestop hate, but I must be pretty damn lucky, I've got three gamestops locally with employees who really know their stuff. Got one guy who's having a Brawl arcade stick transferred from Puerto Rico for me, told the guy he was talking to in PR to throw in some Gamecube fillers to pad out the shipment.[/QUOTE]

Ok... Not sure what you meant by doing it wrong.

Well, good to know on the extra 50% deal, And the PS# deal I want to do so much, but unless I get some mega score at a garage sale, I don't have the money.

[quote name='xsdeal']I just called GS and they said that the sale starts tomorrow. I bought MK:KE when they had the spring sale and the guy said that I can return it / get it for free. Also they will be offering a $50 bonus trade in on used systems.

I think that Sony might offer a new bundle and a $50 price drop soon, just a guess after seeing this deal.[/QUOTE]

yea you can almost count that the 160GB is going to 199 or less at E3...

Tempetd got 100 bucks on a gift card after dumping a 4 year old xbox360 we never used

if you could dump the game off for 30 it be like buying the unit for 170

Do you think there will be a price drop at E3? Because I just did the math and I actually could buy a PS3 with this deal, if I forced myself to trade 21 or 22 games from my personal collection when they do the extra 50%.

I hope I get an amazing score at garage sales this weekend.

I'm wishing I'd waited to buy a PS3, bought one last summer, and have hardly used it since. More of a 360 guy, but wanted to play a couple exclusives. This actually sounds like a smokin' deal.

anyone ever trade an iphone in at gs? Ive got a couple lying around that would make this deal so sweet for me.

[quote name='kit352']anyone ever trade an iphone in at gs? Ive got a couple lying around that would make this deal so sweet for me.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the iPhone. I've seen some people walk out with $200-385 and I've seen the value fluctuate one or two days later, instead of going down, the trade-in value went up. Just stop by and check out how much the price is worth.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Do you think there will be a price drop at E3? Because I just did the math and I actually could buy a PS3 with this deal, if I forced myself to trade 21 or 22 games from my personal collection when they do the extra 50%.

I hope I get an amazing score at garage sales this weekend.[/QUOTE]

probally the 199 price drop is what is coming and gamestop just did it early.

there is almost no chance of seeing 149....

but remember if the price drop is 199 and you can hold out for 6 months a

149 or even a 129 PS3 Day after thanksgiving isnt out of reach with gift cards

Wow was thinking of buying one but then went and looked at gamestop

THERE ARE VERY FEW REAL RPG GAMES on the ps3 (dont count dLC ps1 games)

Oh I can definitely hold out. Though I've never done a Black Friday, but I could try this year, I guess...

It's mainly making sure I'll be able to get one for $200 if I don't jump on it this week. Because the only way I can afford it right now is to give up a good chunk of my personal collection.

bread's done
Back