* * * * * 4 votes

GamersGate Thread

#421 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20977 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

How long does it usually take to get the verification email to validate you are the user of your email account? I've been waiting for days now, even asked for another email but still I got nothing! At this rate, I'm going to miss out on all the good deals!

Who is your email provider? Gamersgate does not play nice with certain providers so if you have one of those providers you may NEVER get an email from Gamersgate. I would suggest a gmail account if you have one.

#422 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

Hey! Crazy Taxi is on sale today for $2.69. I've had this on my Steam wishlist for quite some time but always end up buying other things. The GG version is DRM free.

#423 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hey! Crazy Taxi is on sale today for $2.69. I've had this on my Steam wishlist for quite some time but always end up buying other things. The GG version is DRM free.

Yeah, that's tempting. However the soundtrack issue had put me off buying it on PC.
From wikipedia:

Crazy Taxi is also notable for its soundtrack featuring the bands Bad Religion and The Offspring, who provided all of the tracks for the arcade, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2 and GameCube ports.[5] The PC featured an entirely new soundtrack

#424 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Yeah, that's tempting. However the soundtrack issue had put me off buying it on PC.
From wikipedia:

I've heard about the soundtrack issues but never played the original so maybe I wouldn't notice the difference? I wonder if the new soundtrack is bad or just different.

#425 spoderman  

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Who is your email provider? Gamersgate does not play nice with certain providers so if you have one of those providers you may NEVER get an email from Gamersgate. I would suggest a gmail account if you have one.

Yeah I changed my email address to gmail for GamersGate due to that. I originally had no problems with getting emails from them on my comcast.net account.. but after a while I didn't get any email receipts for anything, didn't receive any mail from them.

#426 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

I've heard about the soundtrack issues but never played the original so maybe I wouldn't notice the difference? I wonder if the new soundtrack is bad or just different.

I haven't played the PC version, so I cannot comment on it. It's a fun game with a lot of nostalgia attached. It's not hard to load your own soundtrack, and the original soundtrack is short and easy to hunt down if desired. At $2.69 it's hard to go wrong. Wait, did I just talk myself into it?

Only other thing I can add is that it's part of the Dreamcast Collection, that's hit $5 a few times.

Edit: Apparently there are a bunch of complaints that the PC port doesn't have analog steering or gas.

Edited by asheskitty, 08 August 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#427 NEO CRIMS0N   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

NEO CRIMS0N

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

Well I have an AOL email but changed it to the gmail one, as suggested, and nothing still. Asked for a new verification email and everything.

#428 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

Well I have an AOL email but changed it to the gmail one, as suggested, and nothing still. Asked for a new verification email and everything.

One thought would be to make a new gamersgate account with your gmail addy.

#429 NEO CRIMS0N   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

NEO CRIMS0N

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:22 AM

One thought would be to make a new gamersgate account with your gmail addy.

that did the trick! Thanks!

edit: spoke too soon, it was only an email welcoming me to the sight, still no sign of the verification email :/

#430 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:25 AM

I haven't played the PC version, so I cannot comment on it. It's a fun game with a lot of nostalgia attached. It's not hard to load your own soundtrack, and the original soundtrack is short and easy to hunt down if desired. At $2.69 it's hard to go wrong. Wait, did I just talk myself into it?

Only other thing I can add is that it's part of the Dreamcast Collection, that's hit $5 a few times.

Edit: Apparently there are a bunch of complaints that the PC port doesn't have analog steering or gas.

Hmmm. That might just be a deal breaker. Thanks for the soundtrack info though.

#431 cetnik56   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

attempting to update the op again for today's deals

maybe this time the changes will get moderation approval before the dailies expire...

#432 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20977 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

maybe this time the changes will get moderation approval before the dailies expire...

There's moderation?

Some decent deals today, but still too rich for my blood. Waiting for next year and Alan Wake to hit $4.99.

#433 Umair56   CHINA DON'T CARE CAGiversary!   679 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

What do you guys think will be the price on SRRT? So far most of these deals haven't been matching Steam so I'm not sure if I should be hopeful for it to be under $15.

#434 spoderman  

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

What do you guys think will be the price on SRRT? So far most of these deals haven't been matching Steam so I'm not sure if I should be hopeful for it to be under $15.

I doubt it'll be anywhere near as good as the $13 price Steam had for the franchise pack.. I'd expect the base game to be $15 or slightly less though.

#435 Rockopotamus   My riffs are bottomless. CAGiversary!   391 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Rockopotamus

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hey thanks. You even kept the formatting, cool. Though I don't really mind if anyone changes it if it's better. Wiki edits do need to be approved by more senior members, yes. Not sure what the cut off is when you can edit whatever.

#436 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24982 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

OMG @ Assassin's Creed: Revelations at $10.18
NICE deal on ACR.

EDIT:
Holy crap - ordering AC:R Regular Edition (for $10.18) gave me the entire GOLD Edition w/ all the DLC onto My Game Shelf, for some reason...

Edited by MysterD, 10 August 2012 - 12:17 AM.

#437 Ogami Itto   Your what hurts now? CAGiversary!   434 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

NICE deal on ACR.

EDIT:
Holy crap - ordering AC:R Regular Edition (for $10.18) gave me the entire GOLD Edition w/ all the DLC onto My Game Shelf, for some reason...

Same here.

#438 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24982 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

Same here.

Epic score, I must say! :)

#439 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20977 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:43 AM

Epic score, I must say! :)

Wow, if I didn't already have it on PS3 I'd be tempted. $24 bucks of DLC for free? And the DLC isn't even on sale.

#440 Necrotron   Now with strawberry! CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

NICE deal on ACR.

EDIT:

Just picked it up myself. Same thing, all the DLCs were applied to my account.

#441 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24982 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

Hmmm...so I obviously ain't the only one here getting ACR at $10.18 and getting the ENTIRE GOLD EDITION.
Maybe this is a mistake on GG's behalf? :-x
Or, maybe a secret sale of some kind? ;)

#442 Voken   I was PROMISED taco trucks on every corner! CAGiversary!   1252 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

Hate you guys right now. So tempted but I need to remain resilient. Have too much in my backlog and don't want to be 'that" guy who buys it and GG has already corrected the error. I'll wait when Gold get discounted on Steam or GG offically at 75%. :cry:

#443 Umair56   CHINA DON'T CARE CAGiversary!   679 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

I doubt it'll be anywhere near as good as the $13 price Steam had for the franchise pack.. I'd expect the base game to be $15 or slightly less though.

I'm guessing the same. I'm really kicking myself for not jumping on Steam's or Amazon's deals. Hopefully it comes up to around $10 on labor day on Amazon.

#444 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

AC:R Gold reports.... Tempting.... Though honestly I'd like it on steam (since that's where I have all the other AC games..., though I haven't played AC1 yet...) I can wait, since I played AC:B only a few months back...

SR3 Totally worth it at $30 or less imo. It's over-the-top fun. It doesn't do anything new, it exceeds in style/theme.

#445 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24982 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:54 AM

I didn't want ACR on Steam.
I don't want Steam DRM on top of the UBiSoft DRM...
Dealing w/ UbiSoft DRM is too much DRM, as is - hence why I bought it from Gamersgate (or would've bought it from anywhere NOT Steam).
I will, of course, add ACR as a Non-Steam game. :D

#446 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10993 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

Damn it, I had convinced myself not to buy AC:R until you all told me about the DLC coming with it. Now it's all bought and stuff.

#447 Voken   I was PROMISED taco trucks on every corner! CAGiversary!   1252 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

Dealing w/ UbiSoft DRM is too much DRM, as is - hence why I bought it from Gamersgate (or would've bought it from anywhere NOT Steam).

just 5 more hours until the next deal....5 more hours....must not buy from ubisoft and their dumb uplay drm

#448 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

Not that I am taking up for them and their obnoxiously forcing UPlay on people who buy it on Steam on top of Steam, but once you activate and run a UPlay game at least once you can set UPlay to default to offline mode the next time you start and not really ever have to worry about it. I've done this for a couple of Ubi games I have on Steam.

As long as you aren't trying to activate it for the first time when UPlay is down then it shouldn't in theory be a problem. It doesn't excuse them, but those who really want it on Steam I wouldn't worry too much.

From the horse's mouth

http://forums.ubi.co...ine-Mode-Forums

Starting Uplay in Offline Mode

Dear community,

Since the launch of the new Uplay PC, we've been carefully reading all your feedback, and we think some clarification is required regarding offline and online modes.

When running the new Uplay PC client while being connected to the Internet, you can benefit from all the functionalities and services it offers - such as the friends system, actions & rewards, latest news and more - and of course enjoy the online features of your games. However, you are not required to be online at all time to access your games.

As long as you've already logged in successfully once, the client is designed to switch automatically to offline mode if you don't have an active Internet connection or cannot connect to the game servers. Also, if you wish to force the client to start directly in offline mode, you can tick the "Always start in Offline Mode" box in the Settings, either directly from the login screen or the small cog in the menu bar.

When in offline mode, most features will be unavailable, but you can start your game from the Games tab as usual. All games in our current catalog can be played offline after they have been activated, with the exception of Hawx 2 and Settlers 7, and your solo campaign will resume from the latest local save. As a note, if you play on a single computer and don't have the need for Cloud Save Synchronization, you can also disable the option in the Settings.

If you have any question regarding Uplay, you can contact us on the forums, on twitter.com/uplayubisoft or on facebook.com/uplay.ubisoft. For support requests, make sure you fill a ticket on http://support.ubi.com.

#449 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24982 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

@Motoki

Yes, I know this about their DRM-schemes - i.e. change to one-time online activation for most UPlay games; always online DRM forced on HAWX2 and Settlers 7.

I was talking about Steam-version having multiple DRM-layers as an annoyance here - i.e. UPlay DRM + Steam DRM.
I like keeping my DRM-layers DOWN as much as possible.

I am absolutely fine w/ buying a Steam-required game, when I only have to deal w/ just Steam DRM - i.e. see Risen 2 PC (well...actually, I won that in a contest); DNF; Binary Domain; Skyrim; SR:TT; FEAR 3; Valve's self-developed games; etc etc.

#450 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

@Motoki

Yes, I know this about their DRM-schemes - i.e. change to one-time online activation for most UPlay games; always online DRM forced on HAWX2 and Settlers 7.

I was talking about Steam-version having multiple DRM-layers as an annoyance here - i.e. UPlay DRM + Steam DRM.
I like keeping my DRM-layers DOWN as much as possible.

I am absolutely fine w/ buying a Steam-required game, when I only have to deal w/ just Steam DRM - i.e. see Risen 2 PC (well...actually, I won that in a contest); DNF; Binary Domain; Skyrim; SR:TT; FEAR 3; Valve's self-developed games; etc etc.

Yes I am well aware of your stance. ;) It's just that some of us would rather have our games tied to one account or as few as possible and that is valid too.

I was merely pointing out that UPlay + Steam really isn't that much of a pain in the ass because all you have to do is activate it once, set it to default to offline and forget about it.

But yes if 2 layers of DRM is absitively posolutely against one's nerdreligion then by all means go ahead and buy it from Gamersgate or somewhere else. :mrgreen: