[OOS] BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (PS3) $4.96 + $2.25 SH [GoHastings]

Thanks OP, in for one, I chase the collector's edition for a long time and I was never able to get it, this is good price to finally get the game.

Ha. I was debating this yesterday when it was $5 more but decided not to since there are like 2 newer editions. But at this price, might as well grab it and see if I even like it!

[quote name='FadeToOne']Ha. I was debating this yesterday when it was $5 more but decided not to since there are like 2 newer editions. But at this price, might as well grab it and see if I even like it![/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that Continuum Shift is a sequel to this game, not a newer version. It has a different storyline etc. So if for example you already own Continuum Shift Extend, you could safely get this to go with it.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Ha. I was debating this yesterday when it was $5 more but decided not to since there are like 2 newer editions. But at this price, might as well grab it and see if I even like it![/QUOTE]

^this.

In for one.

Just an FYI, sometimes their "new" games are opened but BRAND NEW

Happened to me with Guilty Gear XX Accent Plus for the Wii but both copies were MINT

This is like getting Street Fighter IV vanilla or Marvel vs. Capcom 3 vanilla when Arcade Edition and Ultimate are already out. Only reason to get BBCT over CS is for the story mode which is different from BBCS, though I guess it's fine if you just want to try out the series.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Just an FYI, sometimes their "new" games are opened but BRAND NEW

Happened to me with Guilty Gear XX Accent Plus for the Wii but both copies were MINT[/QUOTE]

Snagged a NEW copy of Alpha Protocol for $4.96 the other day and got an opened, but otherwise brand new copy as well. I'm kind of glad to know it's not just me this has happened to.

I said it in the $10 thread, but let me elaborate on it a bit more here. Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend has an abbreviated version of this game's story (as well as all of Continuum Shift 2's and six additional ones), seven more characters, a Challenge Mode, a Tutorial Mode, Unlimited Mars Mode (OMG HARD), Abyss Mode (Survival Mode with a twist), and an improved online system (more reasonable Ranked, better PSR system, etc.). ~$8 after tax is a great deal for CT, but if you don't want to experience all the frustration of jumping three game balances ahead after you're done with this game but would still like to experience the importance of what happens in its story mode, just get Extend. While still a great game, the only redeeming factor CT has at this point are the "alternate/joke endings" in the story.

If I'm correct, the 2 for ~$40 Zavvi deal should still be valid and includes Extend, if anyone's interested. Not to crap on your deal or anything, OP. If people just want a cheap game on the side and don't have any intention of getting into the series itself, this is a fantastic deal, and I'd still recommend it for those people.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I said it in the $10 thread, but let me elaborate on it a bit more here. Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend has an abbreviated version of this game's story (as well as all of Continuum Shift 2's and six additional ones), seven more characters, a Challenge Mode, a Tutorial Mode, Unlimited Mars Mode (OMG HARD), Abyss Mode (Survival Mode with a twist), and an improved online system (more reasonable Ranked, better PSR system, etc.). ~$8 after tax is a great deal for CT, but if you don't want to experience all the frustration of jumping three game balances ahead after you're done with this game but would still like to experience the importance of what happens in its story mode, just get Extend. While still a great game, the only redeeming factor CT has at this point are the "alternate/joke endings" in the story.

If I'm correct, the 2 for ~$40 Zavvi deal should still be valid and includes Extend, if anyone's interested. Not to crap on your deal or anything, OP. If people just want a cheap game on the side and don't have any intention of getting into the series itself, this is a fantastic deal, and I'd still recommend it for those people.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

Should also note that Extend comes with all of CS's DLC for free. That's all the DLC characters (Platinum, Makoto, Valkenhayn) and one totally new character (Relius). CS also has two new characters over BBCT so all together it's 7 new characters, new story, and a ton of added content.

Like I said though if you're not sure you care about that then $5 for BBCT isn't terrible. I've seen BBCS for $10 in the past though so it isn't great either. If you do take fighting games relatively seriously though the balance in BBCT is terrible. Almost as bad SF4 vanilla.

Eh I'm not much a 2D fighter person this deal is still going too lol. They have Quantum Theory for the same price. Awesome game IMO I got it from Best Buy's Outlet store awhile back for under 10 bout same price after shipping as GoHastings.

Idk Krashole you were kind of a dick to me in the recent PUR exclusive sale thread lol. But hell I have np helping someone get a deal. How do suggest we do the transaction?

I had to go back and look. That was not meant for you. That was to the person that commented before I made the post. The guy that was saying about you talking out of your ass...I will send you a PM shortly.

I'm really starting to dislike this GoHastings. I just got my BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger in the mail, and the box looks quite beat up, and there is a huge gash in the back of the packaging.

Now I see why they are priced at $5.

I ordered on the 20th, and I just now got an email today telling me they canceled my order.

This was my first GH purchase. I don't think I'll be ordering from there again.

Cancelled mine too... Along with a copy of the Oblivion GOTY guide I managed to get under $40 thanks to my [now wasted] $10 coupon. Not happy.

[quote name='prettycrazy']I ordered on the 20th, and I just now got an email today telling me they canceled my order.

This was my first GH purchase. I don't think I'll be ordering from there again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='stageman12']Cancelled mine too... Along with a copy of the Oblivion GOTY guide I managed to get under $40 thanks to my [now wasted] $10 coupon. Not happy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FadeToOne']Mine too...[/QUOTE]

Lies! This thread has 5 stars! But, seriously, I'd be a little pissed. Hopefully, they try to reconcile with you all.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Lies! This thread has 5 stars! But, seriously, I'd be a little pissed. Hopefully, they try to reconcile with you all.[/QUOTE]
I grabbed the deal pretty early, and was active long after I placed my order. There's going to be a lot of angry people because of this.

I thought it was mysterious how long it was active as well. I grabbed it right before I posted it.

Any, this is why I won't be ordering from them anytime soon again:

The wrapper was frayed all over, a practically shattered right bottom corner, and worst of all, a huge gash in the back of the box, right into the back cover.

Note: The shipping envelope was in perfect, this game was sent out in this condition.

I gave it to my little sister as her birthday gift, luckily the disc was in perfect condition, as was the nice looking user manual.

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']My copy is in equally bad shape. Awful.[/QUOTE]

And I thought I was just unlucky. What's with this company?

I ordered one when posted the deal at 10 and another at this price. Tried to cancel the first one but wasn't able to in time. Both were in perfect condition. Now I just need to send one back since I don't need two.

Strange how they don't send emails with shipping confirmation. But they were sent from a store not the site so maybe that is how it works I don't know.

[quote name='don_juan_darko']I thought it was mysterious how long it was active as well. I grabbed it right before I posted it.

Any, this is why I won't be ordering from them anytime soon again:

The wrapper was frayed all over, a practically shattered right bottom corner, and worst of all, a huge gash in the back of the box, right into the back cover.

Note: The shipping envelope was in perfect, this game was sent out in this condition.

I gave it to my little sister as her birthday gift, luckily the disc was in perfect condition, as was the nice looking user manual.[/QUOTE]
That sucks. I guess those of us who got canceled are the lucky ones, lol.

It seems like they discounted whatever leftover or damaged stock they had.

bread's done
Back