NewEgg.com Record of Agarest War Zero (Xbox 360) - $15.99

Dunno about Zero, but I played the first one and was bored to death after 10 hours of play. It had an interesting chess-like battle system, which ended up being too complicated for me to consider fun. In addition, the level progression was the same - one map looked like the previous map, with maybe one more enemy than the last one. Move your characters in a complicated arrangement so they could attack, enemies move and frustrate you, rinse, repeat.

If you're looking for a TRPG, I much prefer Disgaea or the FFT series for this sort of game, and I hear the Ogre series is really good.

If you're looking for the high-res anime girl w/ mild fanservice part of this game, then something like Neptunia or one of the NISA games (Trinity Blade, etc) is a better choice.

I really can't recommend Agarest to anyone unless you've played every other TRPG and just want one more.

Agarest is polarizing. If you're a fan of SRPGs and like character development and don't mind a slow-at-times game, you'd probably like Agarest. If you don't like that stuff or want a fast-paced/action-filled game then it's not for you. It's quite niche.

[quote name='dandragonrage']Agarest is polarizing. If you're a fan of SRPGs and like character development and don't mind a slow-at-times game, you'd probably like Agarest. If you don't like that stuff or want a fast-paced/action-filled game then it's not for you. It's quite niche.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I barely played Zero but what I did play of it was pretty entertaining. It's like the first one for the most part. It's worth it at this price, that's for sure.

bread's done
Back