- - - - -

DEAD: Target Mobile 4/22-4/28 - $20 Off Video Game Offer

#1 UberSwiss   Cheap Suits? CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

I was informed by our Target Mobile representative that starting this Sunday (4/22) if you trade in any two games you will receive a $20 off coupon for any video game priced over $29.99. The text on the flyer I read didn't seem to argue it so it may be a good time to unload some old sports games and what not.

And yes, I see this posted in the Target weekly ad post, but that doesn't seem to be generating a lot of traffic.

Edit by Io: Critically important info ripped from the Target weekly ad post that needs to be here:

Only at stores with Target Mobile. Hours vary by location. Visit www.Target.nextworth.com for store hours and location. Guest will be given a $20 coupon good towards the purchase of any videogame priced $29.99 or higher. Coupon must be redeemed for game at the time of trade-in transaction, as coupon is only valid on that day. Discs must not be cracked or heavily scratched. Original artwork, case and manual required to receive coupon.

4/24/12 Update:
-Deal is still running and as suggested any two games that are complete with manual and case are accepted.
-If the game is not listed on NextWorth's list, a promo code can be applied to accept the game
-The $20 off coupon will expire the same day you received it
-The Target Mobile people are RadioShack employees meaning Target employees can do nothing for you if you are denied for whatever reason

YMMV List:
-Some Target Mobile stations have a restriction on the number of times you can receive the coupon. That is by choice of the manager
-It has been reported this coupon works with PSN Cards/Xbox Live/etc...Coupon reads $20 off $29.99 or greater game so it can be rejected
-It has been reported this coupon can work by buying multiple video game items with a pre tax total of at least $29.99. It can be rejected for the same reason mentioned previously
-You may be able to PM a competitor's ad, but you will need a printed ad. You may still be rejected depending on the manager on duty

Another Io Edit: List of $29.99 games at Target courtesy of CAG ShockandAww:
Spoiler

Edited by io, 25 April 2012 - 08:10 AM.
Added list of $29.99 games

Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image

#2 DCpinoy  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

Thanks OP. This could be interesting.

#3 thetruth1983   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   542 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

thetruth1983

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

Oh yes. Time to unload all my copies of "Truth or Lies" on PS3.

#4 Borellius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Borellius

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

how do you know if you can trade in at target?

#5 UberSwiss   Cheap Suits? CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Your target needs to have a mobile phone kiosk which would be located in electronics

#6 joeyshadows   CAGiversary! Validating   1729 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

joeyshadows

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Just a heads up if you trade in any mobile phone that works you can get a $30 electronics gift card. It should be all target mobiles, but it ends today. I just traded in an old $10 go phone and picked up mw3 with a tru price match .

#7 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   28417 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

I was informed by our Target Mobile representative that starting this Sunday (4/22) if you trade in any two games (current gen) you will receive a $20 off coupon for any video game priced over $40. The text on the flyer I read didn't seem to argue it so it may be a good time to unload some old sports games and what not.

And yes, I see this posted in the Target weekly ad post, but that doesn't seem to be generating a lot of traffic.

what is CURRENT GEN?
WOOOO I STINK

#8 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9642 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

Just a heads up if you trade in any mobile phone that works you can get a $30 electronics gift card. It should be all target mobiles, but it ends today. I just traded in an old $10 go phone and picked up mw3 with a tru price match .

Woah woah... Details?

Any cell phone that powers on? Is there a limit on the Gift Cards? I have like ten of the Samsung Axxx go phones that I bought from Best buy for like $3 each a few months ago. I would unload those in a heartbeat for a $30 gift card

#9 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2181 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

would that include a POS pay as you go phone from virgin mobile lol

#10 cmb00   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   219 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

why would you buy 10 phones?

#11 jr8rulz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   468 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

never know when your gonna need a burner man...

#12 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9642 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Because they were $3 a piece and unlocked on AT&T.

There are always trade in programs with minimum values like this to exploit.

#13 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   7782 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'll look into this. Not a bad deal at all. Oh wait...I know this will get exploited rather quickly.

#14 Murderstorm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   316 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Murderstorm

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Will ask when I go there the people at electronics are dumb asses and probably don't know about this

#15 cubeenigma   Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer CAGiversary!   980 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

WHAT ABOUT THE PHONE DEAL?! I have 2 crappy phones I have no use for in the future :|

and I wonder how long the coupons last and what restrictions exist for the trade in games... I have GS credit I wouldnt mind using to get Mario tennis with <.< with a bit of manipulation

#16 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3068 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

I'll have to look into this phone trade-in today. I have some phones that I was going to recycle, but I'll try Target first. I doubt they'll accept these, though, because a couple of them are at least ten years old.

#17 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   28417 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

be nice but will never work

pick up 2 99 cent games at gamestop for ps3

take it over to target get 40 buck vita games for 20
WOOOO I STINK

#18 Jess Stryker   Boosting My APM CAGiversary!   4092 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Jess Stryker

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

YMMV on the giftcard. I just talked with the mobile representative for the store I work at, and while yes, you do get $30, he is saying that it has to be used towards a new phone. However, it can be any phone, regardless of age and has to be in working condition. Turns on, screen isn't cracked, the basics.

Edit: Just checked with another Target, and they claim it's a giftcard. So I'm going to try at my store first and go from there.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

Jess+Stryker.png

#19 dchrisd   F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3 CAGiversary!   1512 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Any phone?????? Where are the details on this. I got a couple of old phones I would love to get rid of for $30
Posted Image

#20 chicagocubsfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1495 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

chicagocubsfan

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Nice, hopefully this works at my Target.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#21 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

I hope ya'll confirm the Phone AND the Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#22 AdmrlBalls   Beefcake pantyhose CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

AdmrlBalls

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

I was informed by our Target Mobile representative that starting this Sunday (4/22) if you trade in any two games (current gen) you will receive a $20 off coupon for any video game priced over $40. The text on the flyer I read didn't seem to argue it so it may be a good time to unload some old sports games and what not.

This seems to differ with what the Target weekly ad post says. It claims:

"Save $20 on any game $29.99 and up when you trade in two games (not clear on what titles are eligible, its likely for AAA/high value games)"

So not sure if you can unload old sports games, etc. That sure would be nice though...

Also, I'd be interested to see if this phone trade-in works too. I have a 3-year old LG slider phone that says it has no cash value on Target's Trade-in site. I'd gladly take a $30 gift card for it though in store :lol:

AdmrlBalls.png

#23 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   11376 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

I can buy cheap pre paid phones for 10$ or less and flip them for 30 ? Lmao this is too good to be true, flipper time baby !
Currently playing
:ps4: cod black ops 3, uncharted collection, star wars battlefront, the order 1886, batman arkham knight, assassins creed unity,blacklight retribution, the transistor

ADD ME ON PSN NOW !!!!! :D

690739.png

#24 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6199 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Just called my Target and they said that you need to buy a phone to get a gift card....

EDIT: Looking at the ad online, page 20 of 28 it states the following "save at least $30 on any contract phone when you trade in your working mobile phone"

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.

My Trade List

My GoFundMe - Help Me Get to Star Wars Celebration 2017!

#25 Psychonik   Psychomancer CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Psychonik

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

No wonder Target has so many problems...

#26 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   11376 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Just called my Target and they said that you need to buy a phone to get a gift card....

EDIT: Looking at the ad online, page 20 of 28 it states the following "save at least $30 on any contract phone when you trade in your working mobile phone"

Well it looks like there wont be any flipping :(
Currently playing
:ps4: cod black ops 3, uncharted collection, star wars battlefront, the order 1886, batman arkham knight, assassins creed unity,blacklight retribution, the transistor

ADD ME ON PSN NOW !!!!! :D

690739.png

#27 chicagocubsfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1495 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

chicagocubsfan

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

So does it have to be AAA games for the deal to work?

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#28 scblueeyedguy   Future Gadget Laboratory Technician CAGiversary!   2572 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

scblueeyedguy

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Well it looks like there wont be any flipping :(

Return the phone and get the $30 gift card back? :-s

#29 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   10127 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

Confused...:roll:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#30 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2068 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Confused...:roll:

Lol.

Thread Summary.

Phone trade in is YMMV as ad seems to say 30$ GC towards a new contract.

Game trade in appears legit, however it is unknown if 99 cent used games will work to net you the 20$ GC.