(Dead)Diablo III Collector's Edition back in stock on Buy.com!

Buy.com only charges your credit card once the item is released and ready for shipment. Unlike Walmart and Bestbuy they do not precharge your credit card before the item is released.

[quote name='lihawk7']Buy.com only charges your credit card once the item is released and ready for shipment. Unlike Walmart and Bestbuy they do not precharge your credit card before the item is released.[/QUOTE]

so.... a few days prior to release?

[quote name='GBAstar']Also OP, do you have to do anything special to get the 1,000 points? I'm only showing 100 on my order?[/QUOTE]

I ordered using the Buy.com app on my iphone. Was not sure how I received the 1,000 points which is why I did not post it in the title of his post.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']It's completely legit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I tend to get paranoid when things start to cost over 50 bucks lol

[quote name='slofton']Thanks. I tend to get paranoid when things start to cost over 50 bucks lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's not much to worry about with buy.com. They've been around since '97 and are one of the largest online retailers around.

[quote name='slofton']Side note. How much will these be going for after release? I sadly may have to wait to pick up mine then[/QUOTE]

Amazon has had them in and out of stock several times. There could be a lot out of copies going around. eBay will be absolutely flooded with speculators at the game's launch. I can't see them going for much more than their retail cost.

[quote name='slofton']Side note. How much will these be going for after release? I sadly may have to wait to pick up mine then[/QUOTE]

We know just as much as you do, all we can do is speculate. I wouldn't be surprised if it was selling for about $20 more at launch but my only guide for that is Starcraft II's CE.

The USB drive will probably sell for $40 at least. I sold my SCII drive at that price. That'll bring the total cost down to $60 but you'll have extra items, soundtrack, artbook. If you don't play WOW, sell that code for maybe $20. Since these have been OOS on Amazon for a while now, I think it'd be in your best interest to get it now and sell what you don't need. Do so immediately after release, otherwise the prices might go down.

[quote name='sadunk']The USB drive will probably sell for $40 at least. I sold my SCII drive at that price. That'll bring the total cost down to $60 but you'll have extra items, soundtrack, artbook. If you don't play WOW, sell that code for maybe $20. Since these have been OOS on Amazon for a while now, I think it'd be in your best interest to get it now and sell what you don't need. Do so immediately after release, otherwise the prices might go down.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure all the digital items like the pet will be tied to the game key. You can't sell them separately.

Against my better judgement that is telling me to wait for the battlechest... in for one. Thanks for depleting my wallet, OP =P

[quote name='nikkai']Against my better judgement that is telling me to wait for the battlechest... in for one. Thanks for depleting my wallet, OP =P[/QUOTE]

You would be waiting at least 3 years for a battlechest. 2 for a expansion and another for the bundle. I for one can't wait another 2 weeks even haha.

Are these hard to come by or something?
I preordered one from Buy a month ago or so but I had no idea that they were actually limited.

Even though I have this preordered, I am fairly certain it won't be limited. None of the Blizzard CEs have ever really been limited, except for perhaps the original release of WoW. Right after release, scalper hype pushes price up but as soon as they realize there are a billion copies out there, they eventually let them go for cheap, especially when retail stores start clearancing them out. And then we all laugh at their stupidity.

I'm myself debating whether or not I should cancel my amazon CE preorder and just wait. I am not super pumped to play D3 right away, was not totally blown away by the beta, and have a backlog of other games; so maybe I will skip picking this up right away and wait for it to become available cheaper. I got the SC2 CE from BB for $50 about a year after its release.

Starcraft's CE went to clearance level for as low as $20 at Target, and i'm sure there will be more than a few extra of these when all said and done but then again i feel like Diablo is a lot more popular here in the west than Starcraft is and will probably sell better.

[quote name='Ruahrc'] I got the SC2 CE from BB for $50 about a year after its release.[/QUOTE]

Starcraft 2 has only been out 9 months...

[quote name='oldboy26']Starcraft's CE went to clearance level for as low as $20 at Target, and i'm sure there will be more than a few extra of these when all said and done but then again i feel like Diablo is a lot more popular here in the west than Starcraft is and will probably sell better.[/QUOTE]

Yeah a lot more popular, which is why I believe this might actually be limited, despite popular belief.

[quote name='DaShaka']Yeah a lot more popular, which is why I believe this might actually be limited, despite popular belief.[/QUOTE]

Who knows, perhaps that popularity will just encourage them to produce even more copies in an attempt to meet the additional demand.

[quote name='yeaokb']Lol July 27, 2010[/QUOTE]

Oh ya 1 year 9 months. God time flies, I guess that's good though when having to wait 10 years for a diablo sequel. I'd like to say I'm one of the bogged D2 d2 fans but there's some crazy addicted people out there. I'm only slightly addicted.

[quote name='nikkai']Thanks for depleting my wallet, OP =P[/QUOTE]

Story of my life.. every time I come on this board, my wallet gets a little lighter!

[quote name='Thrinn']Who knows, perhaps that popularity will just encourage them to produce even more copies in an attempt to meet the additional demand.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope so. I'm opening and using mine, don't care to make a profit so I don't care how rare it is. The more they make the more people that get to enjoy them and better the chances we'lll be able to buy a second copy or cheap as a collectors item.

[quote name='DaShaka']Starcraft 2 has only been out 9 months...[/QUOTE]

Huh? add a few months there. It's been out since July 2010...around 21 months it's been out.

Thanks for the code. Gotta order by 4/30 but I get charged tax which brought the cost up to $99, which is what I'm paying on Amazon.

[quote name='lihawk7']Buy.com only charges your credit card once the item is released and ready for shipment. Unlike Walmart and Bestbuy they do not precharge your credit card before the item is released.[/QUOTE]

Same as Target. Was surprised when I got my bill the other day to see a nice $100 charge for D3.

[quote name='AversionX']Same as Target. Was surprised when I got my bill the other day to see a nice $100 charge for D3.[/QUOTE]

Dunno if I'm special or anything but I got pre-charged from Buy.com for preordering D3:whistle2:(

Nice, 89.99 to my front door. I'll wait to see if it is worth opening up since they have a 45 day return policy. If it's not as rare as it is looking with more being restocked, I'll wait for a price drop like I did with SC2 CE.

ok stupid question coming through.....if i buy the retail CE can i activate it on bnet so i dont have to hold onto the disk? that way incase i lose it or get another pc i can just redownload it without having to worry about the disc or the key being lost

[quote name='Os Money']ok stupid question coming through.....if i buy the retail CE can i activate it on bnet so i dont have to hold onto the disk? that way incase i lose it or get another pc i can just redownload it without having to worry about the disc or the key being lost[/QUOTE]

I believe activating it on Battle.net is a requirement, kinda like Steamworks. Anyway, once you register the cd key on Battle.net, it should stay on for re-download.

ok, good. i was on the phone for almost 45 mins waiting for a rep to ask...watching the nfl draft anyways so no biggie. but thanks for the fast response. i want my copy digital, but i also want the CE.

[quote name='Os Money']ok, good. i was on the phone for almost 45 mins waiting for a rep to ask...watching the nfl draft anyways so no biggie. but thanks for the fast response. i want my copy digital, but i also want the CE.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah, aside from the option of not using 15+ gb of your own bandwidth to DL the game, retail copies have essentially become CD keys in a box!

dang trying to get it from buy.com....put in coupon for the $10 but now its not free shipping....anyone else have this happen too? or am i doing something wrong

nvm, selected budget shipping to make it work...hmm 5-8 days...might be worth it to get it through bestbuy instore if they have them...

Anyone have any experience with Buy.com's Budget shipping for preorders?

I hope there's a deal on the D3 standard edition preorder so I can keep the D3 CE possibly unopened, and get to play ASAP :D

bread's done
Back