Nintendo Points Limit

bradr

CAGiversary!
Does anyone know how many Nintendo points you can have on your Wii account? I was thinking about giving my brother 10,000 points but I don't know if you can have that many points at once? (I don't go online with the Wii at all).

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

[quote name='bradr']Does anyone know how many Nintendo points you can have on your Wii account? I was thinking about giving my brother 10,000 points but I don't know if you can have that many points at once? (I don't go online with the Wii at all).

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I think it's around 150 worth, so 15,000.

I know I have 12,xxx now and had more earlier...nearly 14,900.

During the Pepsi promo a few years ago where you could get 200 Wii Points per code, I managed to hit the limit of 20,000 and couldn't add anymore until I bought stuff. But it's not a good idea to hit the limit because your account might come under suspicion. ;) 10-15,000 is a safe amount.

[quote name='Blade']During the Pepsi promo a few years ago where you could get 200 Wii Points per code, I managed to hit the limit of 20,000 and couldn't add anymore until I bought stuff. But it's not a good idea to hit the limit because your account might come under suspicion. ;) 10-15,000 is a safe amount.[/QUOTE]

This. I maxed out my Wii, my DSi and my wife's DSi with Pepsi points thanks to eBay. I was getting 200 points for 25-50 cents each... great deal! :D

I *still* have points on my Wii and both DSi systems.

Man, I wish I had as much points as you guys. I'd probably play my Wii more if I had 20,000 points. I'd probably buy everything until the I hit the memory/storage maximum limit.

I kind of wish there was a refund process, where you could permanantly delete downloaded games. In order to get maybe 50% or more of a return on points.

I've downloaded a few games that I don't even play anymore on PSN that I wish I could return for some PSN money back.

Would it be wrong to ask if someone would help me make use of my last 700 wii points? I'm kinda looking for someone who'd like to split a 1000 wii points card, I buy and gift whatever you want and keep the 500 left so I can pick up Sin and Punishment :X

I suppose an better alternative is to find someone who planning on wanting a specific game for 500 points eh?

[quote name='UncleBob']This. I maxed out my Wii, my DSi and my wife's DSi with Pepsi points thanks to eBay. I was getting 200 points for 25-50 cents each... great deal! :D

I *still* have points on my Wii and both DSi systems.[/QUOTE]
How was I not aware of this Pepsi point campaign? Did this not get coverage here? I would've jumped on this had I known. $2 in points for $.25? Wow.

I still have points from the Pepsi Promo as well, they were free if you could find caps on the ground and I went to a county fair that summer and came home with several caps. I keep holding onto my points until something good actually comes on the Wii marketplace like Earthbound but I guess I shouldn't be holding my breath for that one.

[quote name='wjhard63']How was I not aware of this Pepsi point campaign? Did this not get coverage here? I would've jumped on this had I known. $2 in points for $.25? Wow.[/QUOTE]

It was covered, but it happened in 2009. The codes were given with the intent that you could purchase Rock Band songs, but it was just 200 points per cap. You could also choose between PS3/360/Wii, and I think the other two consoles gave out actual song downloads. A friend of mine worked at a bottle redemption center and I was able to get TONS of points. I sold a bunch on here for half price or so.

[quote name='Blade']It was covered, but it happened in 2009. The codes were given with the intent that you could purchase Rock Band songs, but it was just 200 points per cap. You could also choose between PS3/360/Wii, and I think the other two consoles gave out actual song downloads. A friend of mine worked at a bottle redemption center and I was able to get TONS of points. I sold a bunch on here for half price or so.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Blade. I wish I would've paid attention to that promo. I'd love to max out an SD card with Wiiware and VC titles.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I kind of wish there was a refund process, where you could permanantly delete downloaded games. In order to get maybe 50% or more of a return on points.

I've downloaded a few games that I don't even play anymore on PSN that I wish I could return for some PSN money back.[/QUOTE]

If the publishers have their way with digital distribution, almost all games will be like that in the future with no physical resale value. Unless it means the price of new games drops bigtime, the loser is the consumer. The apple/cell phone app era is very bad for physical media. The new generation won't even know what a disc is.

bread's done
Back